Whatever happened to...?

Started by mirk_o_loio, July 28, 2016, 05:16:41 PM

So, I guess I'll just start a thread about asking whatever happened to that PC after you died.
Like, there sure are people who would like to know what happened to their friend after they died one ooc year ago, no?

I'll make a start:  Whatever happened to Flaire the Winrothol spymaster after tuluk went nuts?
I'm the one you hired shortly before. Gortok bit me on the way to pick you up again.
Quote from: nauta on February 23, 2015, 04:50:18 PM
Tek's Balls - See Utep's teeth.

If life gives you lemons, open a lemonade stand untill you make millions, invest into weapons and go to war.

I feel like this thread will be wayyyyy too risky to have.
Some things are left unknown for funsies.
Or just because people don't bother to remember them.

Technically if it's over a year and doesn't have any bearing to current IC circumstances, you can talk about it.  Of course, giving out in-game secrets and such is a no no.  It's up to the players to really go into

From here:  http://armageddon.org/help/view/Rules
Quote7. To allow players the chance to discover the In Character world through gameplay, and to facilitate our roleplay environment, we ask that you do not share information and logs of current or recent (within the last year) characters, or information that might be considered sensitive/secret.

If everyone knew that Bob was killed off by a Templar Billy on the Cuddler, that isn't a secret.

Now if Pat was killed off in some secret or sensitive way, that not many people know about, and could reveal some sort of IC secret, that probably shouldn't be talked about.

The idea here is we don't want to ruin gameplay for others.  It allows us to keep that "cool" factor when you are roleplaying with something you've never seen.
Ourla:  You're like the oil paint on the canvas of evil.

Good, so I can say this, an oft-repeated phrase when my character was around Flaire: "You're being dramatic, Flaire!"  ;D
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

If Flaire was a spymaster, then Hederai Negean was an elf.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

jk I liked Flaire. It's sad because the iteration of Tuluk before it closed I thought was going pretty swell. Lots of different factions vying with and against each other. Good Leaders, Great Minions.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Flaire's player doesn't appear to be playing the game at this point in time. He was a newbie and it was only his 2nd PC.

Just keep it nice in this thread, please.
Quote from: Decameron on September 16, 2010, 04:47:50 PM
Character: "I've been working on building a new barracks for some tim-"
NPC: "Yeah, that fell through, sucks but YOUR HOUSE IS ON FIREEE!! FIRE-KANKS!!"

That's what he introduced himself to my char. Was my second char. First one was eaten by Lord Shieldwall
Quote from: nauta on February 23, 2015, 04:50:18 PM
Tek's Balls - See Utep's teeth.

If life gives you lemons, open a lemonade stand untill you make millions, invest into weapons and go to war.

I recalled it being his first or second PC. I thought it was a strong showing in my brief time working for him.

But to answer the OP: he was killed sometime after the closure. Those who have the logs ought to think of submitting them.

Quote from: Talia on July 28, 2016, 06:55:56 PM
Flaire's player doesn't appear to be playing the game at this point in time. He was a newbie and it was only his 2nd PC.

yeah he was cool

Quote from: BadSkeelz on July 28, 2016, 06:58:14 PM
Those who have the logs ought to think of submitting them.

+1
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Quote from: Talia on July 28, 2016, 06:55:56 PM

This guy was a newbie? I had limited interaction with the pc but he once served and entertained me while I waited to speak with his noble and he really brought the aide thing to life.

What a shame he doesn't play currently.  :-[

I'll bite on this thread. Sujaal, I was there for some of his existence, I participated it in some of it in my newbie days and yet I don't think I've ever heard how his story came to a close. What's the deets?
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

That one chick I banged, the one with the big tits? Call me pls. Would bang again.
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

Quote from: Patuk on July 28, 2016, 10:33:25 PM
That one chick I banged, the one with the big tits? Call me pls. Would bang again.

Pretty sure isFriday doesn't return calls.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

I can elaborate on Flaire if I'm allowed to. I played his "employer" after Tuluk closed.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

I am pretty sure characters are still around from those days.

That's the thing about talking about pc deaths.

I don't think the 1 year softcap is long enough personally.

Quote from: Delirium on July 29, 2016, 10:54:52 AM
I am pretty sure characters are still around from those days.

That's the thing about talking about pc deaths.

I don't think the 1 year softcap is long enough personally.

+1

~Jack Vance~

July 29, 2016, 11:13:04 AM #18 Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 11:17:18 AM by Desertman
Whatever happened to the two people, sorry but I forget your names....you were lesbians together in Redstorm and I was the assassin Eye that creeped you out and made you leave the town? I always wondered where you went and what you did. The only part of that I ever got was that you were scared and left town.

Also, same character...what ever happened to Mister Steak, I think was your name? I recall my Byn unit at the time actually broke into your apartment, stole your things, shit on your rug, and left a single coin in the shit. I laughed so hard. I remember you caught me once stealing your worm hide that the Byn, my own unit, had just brought to you and sold you. You left it in that apartment and I went to steal it so you would hire us again to get you some more....and you actually walked up while I was in the process of doing it (needless to say you didn't hire us to go get you more)! LMFAO I liked Mister Steak.

Whatever happened to Sis, I think was her name? You were my friend when I played Markus, the Face of the Guild for a while in Allanak. I died to a insta-gib whiran back before whirans got changed and just sort of left you there. (I thik Shaleah might have played this character? I can't recall. For some reason I'm thinking that.)

Also, same character, whatever happened to the little girl that Markus had adopted, I think I called her Pearl but she called herself Killa, much to Markus' dismay? Markus made a special Templar's Heart soap just for her in an attempt to get her to at least try and stay clean. I don't think she ever did. She did however draw a lot of dicks on my walls.

Whatever happened to Rennick/Rannick One-Eye who I left behind when Gage Gritshaw died? He was my most trusted right-hand man. I think maybe Rishenko played him? I can't remember for sure, sorry bud. I always wondered what happened to him after Gritshaw died.

Whatever happened to The Sandman? I recall this guy from WAY BACK across a few characters of mine. In general, I would just like his story, just because I would.

Whatever happened to Kyros the white-haired elf from WAY BACK in the Byn around the time of the Tuluki occupation and the battle that actually ended it?

Whatever happened to The Plainsman? I heard rumors but I don't know for sure whatever happened to this guy. I remember for a while he was like the leader of The X-Men or something.

Whatever happened to Sergeant Hooker Marek of The T'zai Byn? I can't remember how he died, if he died, or what happened to him. I feel like I should remember this, but I don't. I liked him a fair bit.

Whatever happened to Danu of Kurac? Danu was fucking awesome. He killed me with a couple of characters and took me under his wing with a few more.

I may think of more later.
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

July 29, 2016, 11:33:26 AM #19 Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 11:35:11 AM by Barsook
Yeah, the lack of lore/history of the playerbase made PC's is what I don't like.  We seem to be too focused on the present and not remembering the past.

ETA: Yes, I know that most of the population can't read, but there is other ways to share lore/history.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Yeah so long as I'm bored at work and just bitching about random things that aren't going to change anytime soon today....give me reading and writing already. That would be such a new and interesting aspect of the game.
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

Yeah it's a pretty good story. I'll submit some of the logs someday after more time has passed.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

I know what happened to Advisor Danu:  he retired after a lifetime of profitable service to Trade Ops, was working on his never completed designs for the Silt Sea Submarine and then got a nasty infection from his black rotten teeth and had to have most of his lower jaw removed. 

Then Salarr paid a fortune to Kurac to let them finally murder him when he was old, frail, broken and helpless.  They did it in front of his kids.   
Sitting in your comfort,
You don't believe I'm real,
But you cannot buy protection
from the way that I feel.

Quote from: Desertman on July 29, 2016, 11:13:04 AM
Whatever happened to the two people, sorry but I forget your names....you were lesbians together in Redstorm and I was the assassin Eye that creeped you out and made you leave the town? I always wondered where you went and what you did. The only part of that I ever got was that you were scared and left town.

Also, same character...what ever happened to Mister Steak, I think was your name? I recall my Byn unit at the time actually broke into your apartment, stole your things, shit on your rug, and left a single coin in the shit. I laughed so hard. I remember you caught me once stealing your worm hide that the Byn, my own unit, had just brought to you and sold you. You left it in that apartment and I went to steal it so you would hire us again to get you some more....and you actually walked up while I was in the process of doing it (needless to say you didn't hire us to go get you more)! LMFAO I liked Mister Steak.

Whatever happened to Sis, I think was her name? You were my friend when I played Markus, the Face of the Guild for a while in Allanak. I died to a insta-gib whiran back before whirans got changed and just sort of left you there. (I thik Shaleah might have played this character? I can't recall. For some reason I'm thinking that.)

Also, same character, whatever happened to the little girl that Markus had adopted, I think I called her Pearl but she called herself Killa, much to Markus' dismay? Markus made a special Templar's Heart soap just for her in an attempt to get her to at least try and stay clean. I don't think she ever did. She did however draw a lot of dicks on my walls.

Whatever happened to Rennick/Rannick One-Eye who I left behind when Gage Gritshaw died? He was my most trusted right-hand man. I think maybe Rishenko played him? I can't remember for sure, sorry bud. I always wondered what happened to him after Gritshaw died.

Whatever happened to The Sandman? I recall this guy from WAY BACK across a few characters of mine. In general, I would just like his story, just because I would.

Whatever happened to Kyros the white-haired elf from WAY BACK in the Byn around the time of the Tuluki occupation and the battle that actually ended it?

Whatever happened to The Plainsman? I heard rumors but I don't know for sure whatever happened to this guy. I remember for a while he was like the leader of The X-Men or something.

Whatever happened to Sergeant Hooker Marek of The T'zai Byn? I can't remember how he died, if he died, or what happened to him. I feel like I should remember this, but I don't. I liked him a fair bit.

Whatever happened to Danu of Kurac? Danu was fucking awesome. He killed me with a couple of characters and took me under his wing with a few more.

I may think of more later.

I remember and loved a bunch of these. Thanks for reminding me of them. It's nice to think of the "good ol' days" now and then.

These days are good too, but as I've recently returned, I don't know which of the characters I'm interacting with have actually been around a long time, or which have just sprung up out of the dust from whence they're destined to soon return.

Legends take a long time to build.

Quote from: Desertman on July 29, 2016, 11:13:04 AM
...I played Markus, the Face of the Guild for a while in Allanak. I died to a insta-gib whiran back before whirans got changed and just sort of left you there. (I thik Shaleah might have played this character?

Oh hey - I had Markus killed and regret it. I played Bashir, a Byn Sergeant who was also a secret whiran. He thought Markus was getting close to knowing his secret and had some other whiran whack him.

I'm glad summon is gone.