Armageddon Dreams

Started by AdamBlue, July 21, 2016, 01:01:44 PM

I had this dream that was like if you took Mad Max, Armageddon, and a little bit of GTA maybe along with it and swirled them all together.
I was in Allanak, but like, a future version of Allanak. It was still a desert city, but the walls were expanded and it was basically a sprawling metropolis with fine roads and full of tons and tons of people. I was just chilling in this nice little shack when I hear the thundering noise of what I can only describe as...
Basically, imagine a mack truck mated with an RV, and the child was a wagon, but with a massive fucking war plow and no need for mounts,  but made of big black steel, covered in Jade Crosses, and it was pulling what I can only describe as a metric fuckton of food. Like, years of water, tons of food, materials, all neatly packaged away.
However, something happened.
The driver of this massive magically-fueled monstrosity was shot by a stray arrow, and the entire fucking thing nearly toppled as he swerved before he collapsed out of it, dead.
And then...
Every single fucking person rushed for this machine.
I could see basically an entire army of people, people off these now-fine but still starving streets sprinting for this fucking massive food source. I didn't get in the car first, I got in it second.
A gypsy got into it first, and we started moving.
We were apparently okay and made a truce, as they started moving through Allanak at breakneck speed, people leaping out of the way, smashing into carriages and wagons, just obliterating them.
He spoke in bendune, but to me it sounded like Russian. We soon cleared the city, and the Arm was hot on our trail. But this incredible magically-fueled machine was literally screaming as we just kept going faster and faster. I think, at one point, we jumped the Shield Wall and landed on the other side okay, which may be how we lost them. After we did, they kept driving, and I checked these rows and rows of lockers inside of this rv-truck-wagon thing, which I was checking and finding weapons and armor of the highest caliber. I think just before I woke up, I found a black steel sword.

Please turn this into a short story. That dreams sound freaking awesome, to the Max.
Quote from: Miradus on January 26, 2017, 11:36:32 AM
I'm just looking for a general consensus. Or Moe's opinion. Either one generally can be accepted as canon.

I had a dream last night where I logged into Arm just in time for staff to send that a meteor had crashed into Zalanthas, destroying the planet.  There was a horrible beep.  And then it said welcome to Armageddon.  I was pissed because I felt like I was just getting the hang of my character.

When I tried to log back in to make a new character, I got this weird screen for "Aeux" that said telnet wasn't enabled.  When I went to the website it was "a fun new game with Armageddon themes."  Confused as hell, I tried to go to the game forum, but it was gone.  I was able to find the "Aeux" game forum, though, and staff said that they'd decided to take Zalanthas in a new direction.  There was a web client describing the game as a demo of exciting new things to come.

The game automatically loaded you into the Byn with a character named "Amos."  It was graphical, with an 8-bit style character icon.  You had to tap with your mouse to make your character punch other characters.

That was the whole game.

I spent a lot of the rest of the dream being pissed off, dragging myself and my laptop around the house while Zoltan was trying to figure out what was wrong, trying to find a forum where I could vent my rage, and trying to figure out if I was dreaming.

Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

I have had dreams with flashes of green text for the last 15 years. I rarely dream live action about Arm, though.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

August 27, 2016, 11:45:21 AM #4 Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 12:00:18 PM by path
Quote from: valeria on August 27, 2016, 10:33:09 AM
I had a dream last night where I logged into Arm just in time for staff to send that a meteor had crashed into Zalanthas, destroying the planet.  There was a horrible beep.  And then it said welcome to Armageddon.  I was pissed because I felt like I was just getting the hang of my character.

When I tried to log back in to make a new character, I got this weird screen for "Aeux" that said telnet wasn't enabled.  When I went to the website it was "a fun new game with Armageddon themes."  Confused as hell, I tried to go to the game forum, but it was gone.  I was able to find the "Aeux" game forum, though, and staff said that they'd decided to take Zalanthas in a new direction.  There was a web client describing the game as a demo of exciting new things to come.

The game automatically loaded you into the Byn with a character named "Amos."  It was graphical, with an 8-bit style character icon.  You had to tap with your mouse to make your character punch other characters.

That was the whole game.

I spent a lot of the rest of the dream being pissed off, dragging myself and my laptop around the house while Zoltan was trying to figure out what was wrong, trying to find a forum where I could vent my rage, and trying to figure out if I was dreaming.

That was no dream, valeria, but a terrifying nightmare. Last night I dreamed in (also green on black) text that another character was bullying mine into getting a tattoo.
Quote from: Riev on June 12, 2019, 02:20:04 PM
Do you kill your sparring partners once they are useless to you, so that you are king?

This thread so far is making me glad I either don't dream about Armageddon, or at least don't remember them.

Especially after all the Runescape dreams all those years ago...
All I see turns to brown, as the sun burns the ground
And my eyes fill with sand, as I scan this wasted land
Trying to find, trying to find where I've been.

I also dreamed last night that Armageddon was getting changed into a (bad) graphical UI game with penguins and snow and sparkles.

Please no.

Quote from: Kankman on August 27, 2016, 12:51:47 PM
I also dreamed last night that Armageddon was getting changed into a (bad) graphical UI game with penguins and snow and sparkles.

Please no.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_sRNAlrZ-o
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Nah, there were buildings and stuff.

DAAAMN! Yeah, Adam, write up a fricking story, that sounds BAD ASS. They only though they got away... meanwhile, back in Allanak's wagonyard, Great Lord Aneed Oash angrilly unveils an army of magically powered war machines, gemmers chained down inside as a power source, and maybe a few elven pickpockets chained up inside just for the lulz. Ballistas with new fire arrow code, massive mek-bone war-bumpers...

EDIT: Half-giants armed with flash-powder greatspears.
Quote from: Synthesis on August 23, 2016, 07:10:09 PM
I'm asking for evidence, not telling you all to fuck off.

No, I'm telling you to fuck off, now, because you're being a little bitch.

I had a dream I was part of an elite unit of Allanaki Special Forces, and we were within the now-renovated lost libraries of Steinal, a gigantic monument bustling with people wishing to learn how to read. My contact was to capture or kill a certain man who was a notorious sorcerer who, through the grace of the highlord, had his powers stripped away from him temporarily. One of my comrades actually managed to get eyes on them, and I was rather grumpy when they let them get away into the massive libraries. However, suddenly, a loud commotion. A group of Sun-clad men burst into the library through one of the many gigantic stain-glassed windows, and swiftly began attacking everyone. Me and one of my unit sprinted over, and swiftly with the help of the Steinal Warriors, we began to fight this horde of Tuluki Secret Service. My comrade went down, but not dead, the steinal warriors fell, and it was me against twenty men, soaked in blood, roaring wildly as a pair of assassins tried to leap at me from behind but failed. It was a trap.

September 08, 2016, 06:27:34 AM #11 Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 06:30:15 AM by Insigne
I just woke up after having one that gave me a major sense of déjà vu. I'll write it down before I end up forgetting. In that dream, my current character "died" but was given the option to continue living on the condition that they join a secret group operating beneath the Silt Sea (in a submarine-esque setting) that rebelled against the powers that be in Allanak. So they agreed and proceeded to live out their life participating in clichéd, rebel things: planned attacks, disguised break-ins, etc. etc. I saw a scattering of characters that mine interacts with often, too.

It was a silent night in Tuluk, and creeping along was I with a woman with long frizzy hair and big goofy sunslits. What we were investigating: This rumor that someone had found their way into the Ivory Pyramid. Up five flights of stairs, quietly avoiding any guards, I crept up, my obsidian broadsword at the ready for whatever was going to cross my path.  Finally, I had come to this sudden, yawning entrance where it was obvious it was once a hidden entrance, and the wall had slid to the side. Unavoidably, a northern templar was there, an older man with rough features, but a very frail body. If I was careful, I could take him. A few moments passed. A few moments more. I threw a poisoned filled dart... And missed. His eyes whirled around towards me, and in an instant I was running. As was he. He sprinted into the pyramid, and quickly, the wall began to close. Throwing myself past the wall before it shut on me, I saw him boggle at my presence, before beginning to flee.
Deeper and deeper, I chased his old Templar through these metal-gilded corridors, the smooth sandstone of my feet aiding me as I sprinted. He was retreating somewhere, and all around me were beautiful treasures. Framed metal weaponry, suits of the finest material armor. But like a hawk, like a demon, I chased this man before he could steal it all away from me. I knew nobody would be coming from behind me. The fool had locked the soldiers out of the pyramid when he tried to lock me out.
But now, he was stuck in here with me.
Suddenly, I entered a massive room; Where he had been fleeing was now visible, and he had stopped. Upon his back, two crystals, thrumming with mana stolen from elementalists. He raised this jury-rigged set of tools towards me... And suddenly, from the tip of this small staff, a gigantic gout of fire began to spew out like a flamethrower.
However, I did not flee. My eyes were set, and I marched towards him, blade ready as the flames brushed against me. My eyes grew wild, everything grew red as my first few swings connected, avoiding most of the flames with swift growls and hacks of my weapon. However, he was clearly winning; The fire was burning my skin, my clothes, and whatever blood I was bleeding was getting burned into scabs. I couldn't keep this up.
I took my blade, and rammed it into his mouth. His tongue, his teeth, faught the tip of my weapon as I roared, screaming. Despite him now pressing the staff to my chest and blasting away in a maelstrom of fire that was burning me black, I knew I could survive, I could find a way to live through this. He, however, had to die now.
Inch by inch, I sunk my blade as I felt my life's essence slowly sapped by the fire that whipped away at my flesh. Life became a whirlwind of agony, fire, and squeezing pressure.
Then, 'shnk', I slid the blade home just as I blacked out, and before it all went dark I saw the fear in his eyes before they went blank.
The fire stopped.
For a brief, blessed moment, all was quiet but the sound of my blood in my head.
Then I woke up.

yknow, one day, when i have money and the ability to fund a game of my choosing - im going to create a graphical Armageddon MMO with both roleplay-strict/pvp and gameplay based servers.

It'd be the kind of game where you can chop someone's arm off when they are still running around and there's a streaming trail of blood behind them.