Wear Location Changes

Started by BadSkeelz, July 11, 2016, 01:23:52 PM

I think the new wear locations are pretty cool.

Quote from: BadSkeelz on July 11, 2016, 01:23:52 PM
I think the new wear locations are pretty cool.

Yeah! It's a good addition.

>You fit your pair of sunslits into your left eyebrow.

;D ;D Good times.
The Ooze is strong with this one

Quote from: 8bitgrandpa on June 28, 2016, 12:01:20 AM
You are our official hammer, Ooze.

Malachi 2:3

So...
Whats the difference between eyebrow, left eye brow, and right eye brow.

Quote from: Jihelu on July 11, 2016, 02:26:03 PM
So...

Eyebrow is generic, like WEAR RING FINGER. However, like WEAR RING RIGHT MIDDLE FINGER, left/right eyebrow allow you to specify.

Also Note: Specifying the specific finger was also added.

Quote from: Akariel on July 11, 2016, 02:32:21 PM
Quote from: Jihelu on July 11, 2016, 02:26:03 PM
So...

Eyebrow is generic, like WEAR RING FINGER. However, like WEAR RING RIGHT MIDDLE FINGER, left/right eyebrow allow you to specify.

Also Note: Specifying the specific finger was also added.
Woo!

Cool. I'm looking forward to finally being able to wear a facewrap with sunslits.

Are these all covered by the requisite location? Boots covering toe rings (which sounds really uncomfortable), nipple rings (lol.....) by shirts, etc?

Do these updates include tattoo locations? Are they covered? Are we going to be subjected to somebody's pelvis tattoo even when they're wearing pants? :P

(I'm thinking of how "back" tattoos are revealed when you remove your pack, and left/right shoulder locations are not hidden even when wearing something "about body")

Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

Pelvis
hidden by 'legs'
hides nothing

Eyebrow(l/r), lips, tongue, nose, eyes
hidden by 'face'
hides nothing

Navel
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nothing

Nipple
hidden by body/torso, about body, trunk
hides nothing

Toe
 hidden by feet
 hides nothing
"Unless you have a suitcase and a ticket and a passport,
The cargo that they're carrying is you"

I do hope:
Nipple rings are covered by trunk stuff.
Trunk stuff is covered by shirts.

Nessalin posted all of this right after I started typing this. Damn you nessalin!

I don't personally play women because eh but I wish there was a way for ladies to wear skirts and still be able to wear some sort of leg items. Like stockings or something.

No, tattoos are not supported on the new locations.

Also, while only a few are in the game, socks (or under-footwear) are now a thing that can happen too.

bring back lacy thongs
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Sweet, now all the mudsexxers can wear nipple rings to show how edgy they are!

Real talk though, I like this addition.  ;D
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

you have my stamp of approval for this... not like it matters but hey, you got it!
Sweet chaos let it unfold upon the land.
Guided forever by my adoring loving hand.
It is I the nightmare that sleeps but shall wake.

Undies!!!
WOOOOH!

And I can finally wear a ring on my pinky without the need of nine other rings. Thank you lords.
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

A small excerpt from Allanaki Fashions and another reason I really like the idea of this change.

To this end, loosely woven and light fabrics worn in layers are utilized as daily wear to ward off the worst of the sun and sands. Many types of overgarments are worn in long layers, protecting the flesh from the harsh rays of sunlight and the pervasive heat.

Commoners often look to nobility for examples in most aspects of life, and fashion is no exception. The styles of commoner clothing available, while simpler and cheaper, often imitate that of nobles. For example, while nobles often wear ornately decorated silks and other lush fabrics, commoners wear cottons, sandcloth or other inexpensive textiles. Another difference in commoner attire is that it tends to be looser, more comfortable, and less hindering, in order to be practical for everyday use.

Some clothes unique to Allanak include wrapped pants, long tunics, kalasiris, long kilts, and many types of over-garbs, often worn in layers, are also commonly seen in the South.
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

:D
I would like to see left and right forearm too, for sheaths and a few things that claim both forearms atm,  for fancy single items like wrist/arm wraps to wear in a non armoured slots. A minor wish though, compared with Undies  ;D

Would be interesting of this was expanded a bit beyond piercings. Right calf, left calf, right thigh, left thigh. Maybe knees as well.
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

I look forward to seeing how our tribal friends experiment with this system to discover the maximum number of wear locations visible simultaneously.

Awesome additions. Great work and thanks to all involved.
Quote from: Synthesis
Quote from: lordcooper
You go south and one of the other directions that isn't north.  That is seriously the limit of my geographical knowledge of Arm.
Sarge?

wear stockings feet
You would have to take a pair of silver-buckled, blue leather boots off, first.

rem boots
You stop using your tattered pair of silver-buckled, blue leather boots.

wear stockings feet
You slip your frayed pair of white and red stockings on your under-feet.

wear boots
Pulling them over the top of a frayed pair of white and red stockings...You slip your tattered pair of silver-buckled, blue leather boots on your feet.

Quote from: Akariel on July 11, 2016, 04:23:05 PM
wear stockings feet
You would have to take a pair of silver-buckled, blue leather boots off, first.

rem boots
You stop using your tattered pair of silver-buckled, blue leather boots.

wear stockings feet
You slip your frayed pair of white and red stockings on your under-feet.

wear boots
Pulling them over the top of a frayed pair of white and red stockings...You slip your tattered pair of silver-buckled, blue leather boots on your feet.
I'm happy now.

my next pc

Left/right forearm would be a sick as fuck addition to this. I might start wearing sheaths again!

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Cross-posting some things from the code forum:

Quote from: valeria on July 11, 2016, 02:34:09 PM
I'm super stoked about the new wear locations. Toe rings are absolutely in my future.

But!

Is anyone else ever driven crazy by how you can only wear one thing in your hair? A flower but no ribbon? Beads but no hair clip? Just one decorative comb?

I propose we bump that one item limit upward.

That is all!

Quote from: valeria on July 11, 2016, 02:52:37 PM
I was thinking more like:

in hair
above left ear
above right ear
nape of the neck

... something like that.

Please not "left hair" ;)

Not sure if this brings us a step closer to this... but...

It would be great if you could <wear bandana eyes> as a blindfold.