Author Topic: I Want YOU to Create Some Jewelry and Flutes (or, well, instruments in general)!  (Read 26723 times)

BrokenRomance

Might I suggest adding 'a small, translucent stone'

I second this. This stone exists and has literally no purpose that I've ever seen. It can't be loaded into a sling, it has no craft recipes...
All I see turns to brown, as the sun burns the ground
And my eyes fill with sand, as I scan this wasted land
Trying to find, trying to find where I've been.

Malifaxis

• Thoughts of the Sixth Age
I would also like to nominate the noble and stalwart a hand sized chunk of dark stone

This poor little guy gets no love.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Stop being shitty to each other.

Cayuga

• Storyteller
Done, on both accounts.
Lāche pas la patate!
...I'm almost certain that I shouldn't be pronouncing some of them like Urine-Moose.

Cayuga

• Storyteller
OP UPDATED.

Please note, you can still submit pieces for the struck through stones, but I would prefer focus shift to those still needing items. If I receive too many for a particular stone, I may have to start declining them. Thanks!
Lāche pas la patate!
...I'm almost certain that I shouldn't be pronouncing some of them like Urine-Moose.

Beethoven

Is a small translucent stone supposed to be anything in particular?

Malifaxis

• Thoughts of the Sixth Age
Is a small translucent stone supposed to be anything in particular?

Other than a miniscule, see-through mineral?  ;-)

Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Stop being shitty to each other.

Norcal

• Helper
Labradorite?

I voted and staff let my c-elf ride skimmers and pilot a wagon.

BrokenRomance

Labradorite?

Nah, the small, translucent stone is red.
All I see turns to brown, as the sun burns the ground
And my eyes fill with sand, as I scan this wasted land
Trying to find, trying to find where I've been.

manipura

I think Norcal is thinking of chalcedony which only has a couple crafts and probably should be included in this too, if we're still adding unloved stones to the list.

In game it's called 'a translucent blue stone' and (I think) you only see it's actual name when you examine one of the couple items made from it.

Cayuga, if we can add this stone to the list, I'll absolutely write up a few items for it in the next couple days.  I love this stone, it's probably my favourite one in game.

Norcal

• Helper
That's the one! Thnaks
I voted and staff let my c-elf ride skimmers and pilot a wagon.

gotdamnmiracle

I'm so excited to see the disgusting variation this whole project will bring about.
He is an individual cool cat. A cat who has taken more than nine lives.

BadSkeelz

I'm so excited to see the disgusting variation this whole project will bring about.

I plan to wear a new craft on every single toe, finger, ear, eyebrow and nose slot and see how long it takes anyone to figure out that's all I'm wearing.
janeshephard: You really think BadSkeelz understands the concept of Wine In Front of me? This guy shot me as a townie when he felt threatened. The man's a neandrathal.

Miradus: He's not some weird mental abomination. He's just a guy on the internet.

Cayuga

• Storyteller
I had no idea that that was chalcedony in game. I'll add that to the list.

And, BadSkeelz, your characters are always naked, anyway. This won't deceive anyone. ;)

And, gotdamn, well, no one ever told you that you had to wear any of this. :P So if you don't like it, you can,

(Also, thread appropriate because it's Onyx. Gettit? Jewelry... stones... Onyx... Pokemon. Full circle.)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 05:28:55 PM by Cayuga »
Lāche pas la patate!

BadSkeelz

I had no idea that that was chalcedony in game. I'll add that to the list.

And, BadSkeelz, your characters are always naked, anyway. This won't deceive anyone. ;)

At least I'm kind enough to still use tdesc for dongs, and only after consent!

I actually am kind of looking forward to these things. Playing characters who believe in "portable wealth" who wrap their worth up in jewelry, weapons, and other wearable items - as opposed to lugging a bunch of coins around - is one of my little minigames.
janeshephard: You really think BadSkeelz understands the concept of Wine In Front of me? This guy shot me as a townie when he felt threatened. The man's a neandrathal.

Miradus: He's not some weird mental abomination. He's just a guy on the internet.

Cayuga

• Storyteller
I don't think it's a terrible idea. Every culture in the history of man has had some sort of jewelry to indicate rank, creativity, or otherwise. I think it's a neat study on the human condition.
Lāche pas la patate!

gotdamnmiracle

Oh! I agree  ;D Sorry. My choice of words was a little strange. everyone is going to be wearing completely different things. Finally more than -Insert stone here- ivory stud, or -mundane gem- set horn ring. Super awesome.
He is an individual cool cat. A cat who has taken more than nine lives.

anvilsmith

I plan to wear a new craft on every single toe, finger, ear, eyebrow and nose slot and see how long it takes anyone to figure out that's all I'm wearing.

Toe slots should be hidden by shoes, so they're a dead giveaway, unless the staff has implemented sandals properly. Likewise for nipple rings - if anything shows up on the nipple ring slots, it means the person isn't wearing anything on the torso / around the body.

anvilsmith

There is an item called "a black stone" in-game that has no apparent jewelrymaking or stonecrafting crafts. Shall it go onto the list as well? If so, I am prepared to write a few things for it.

Zenith

There is an item called "a black stone" in-game that has no apparent jewelrymaking or stonecrafting crafts. Shall it go onto the list as well? If so, I am prepared to write a few things for it.

Pretty sure they're dye stones.

Barsook

• The Sense of Openness
The smooth black one is.  But not the plain one, If I recall correctly.

Delirium

• Helper
I forgot to submit these. :-[

Sending tonight.
"There are no happy endings, because nothing ends." - Schmendrick

manipura

That's correct.
And that dye stone (a smooth black stone) is craftable into one piece of jewelry.
There is a smooth white stone as well, which isn't used in any jewelry crafts.

Cayuga, I sent a few chalcedony items in.  I'm hoping to get another couple written up and submitted in the next few days.

Giled

Nothing to see here, carry on!  :-[

bardlyone

That's correct.
And that dye stone (a smooth black stone) is craftable into one piece of jewelry.
There is a smooth white stone as well, which isn't used in any jewelry crafts.

Cayuga, I sent a few chalcedony items in.  I'm hoping to get another couple written up and submitted in the next few days.

the smooth white one is, yes, but it's with another ingredient, and only 1 to my knowledge.
Quote from: Maester Aemon Targaryen
What is honor compared to a woman’s love? ...Wind and words. Wind and words. We are only human, and the gods have fashioned us for love. That is our great glory, and our great tragedy.

Sedora

Smooth white stones can make a dye, as can smooth black and rough white and white, yellow-veined ones.

The smooth black one is the only one out of the shebang that can be turned into jewelry with only the stone as an ingredient, to my knowledge. The rough black stone can be used for sling bullets, I believe (but, technically, can't most stones be turned into bullets?)? I remember it has a use somewhere but I can't remember what use. Either way, its definitely an item that finds its way into jewelry material bins but never into jewelry pieces themselves.