Author Topic: I Want YOU to Create Some Jewelry and Flutes (or, well, instruments in general)!  (Read 11121 times)

Cayuga

• Storyteller
We are severely lacking in jewelry crafts for quite a few stones, particularly the following:

beryl - Small and shaft-like, this chunk of clear beryl appears to have broken
off a much larger piece of stone, its tip a slanted point while the end is
jagged, rough and riddled in cracks and crags.  Darker at the butt-end, the
bluish-green, quartz-like stone steadily lightens to a brilliant aquamarine
at the angled tip.

sunstone - Small and angular, this somewhat clear chunk of crystal has a coppery,
almost peachy tone to it, the core darker then the lighter edges which look
sheared and cracked.

lavender aventurine - Angular edges of rough, unworked crystal sheath a deep, pinkish-purple
core in a soft, muted lavender hue.  The surface is riddled in crags, cracks
and fissures, having the appearance of broken free from a much larger piece.

peridot - This small bit of peridot possesses a surface rough and mottled in crags
and cracks, colored a dusty, milky brownish-green.  Glimpses of the dark,
olive-green gemstone within flash through chips and fissures, exposing its
potential. (Has polish craft)

citrine - Small and unpolished, this piece of gemstone has a murky, yellow-white
surface that is rough and striated in flecks and bands of clear,
golden-brown citrine within. (Has polish craft)

lapis lazuli - Small and rough-looking, this piece of rocky gemstone is a blue as dark
and deep as midnight, solid and mottled in silvery and golden specks and
striations.

topaz - This small, crystalline stone is unpolished and rough, but shows inner
glimmers of yellow light. (Has polish craft.)

diamond - Grey, rough, and shard-like, this small chunk of unworked diamond is no
bigger then a songbird's egg.  Murky in clarity, the gemstone is chipped,
cracked and jagged.

ruby - This small piece of unworked ruby is rough, jagged, and colored a murky,
milky red.  Its shape is irregular and no bigger then a small bird's egg,
riddled in chips and fissures which reveal the blood-red core within.

emerald - This small piece of unworked emerald is rough and jagged, looking to have
broken free from a larger piece of stone.  It is no bigger then a small
bird's egg and vaguely oblong.  Through tiny chips and fissures, a deep,
green core can be seen.

sapphire - This rough piece of sapphire is a deep hue of blue.  Roughly cut, it
doesn't appear to have been processed as of yet.  It is fairly small, about
the size of a large nut.  A bit of dirt is encrusted on one side of it,
further detracting from the untapped beauty of the gem.

opal - Rough and unpolished, this piece of opal is a deep sable with hinting
hues of blue and red shimmering along the edges.  The surface is dusty and
grainy to the touch.

tourmaline - Small and shaped similar to a miniature obelisk with four flat sides and
a natural taper which terminates in an off-kilter point.  The end is rough
and jagged, looking to have broken free of a larger piece.  While clear and
striated in faint cracks and chips, the quartz appears banded in a variety
of colors from red to violet, green, gold, blue and brown.  

spinel - A milky, rough surface sheaths this small piece of raw spinel, flecks of
violet, pink and mauve showing through cracks and chips which mar it,
revealing the gemstone within.

shard of moss-green agate - This small, roughly-edged piece of moss-green agate is striated
in veins of darker green and flecks of brown, looking to have broken off a much larger
piece of agate.

a small polished garnet - This bit of garnet has been polished to a glossy luster, bringing out
its deep, reddish-hue. It is uncut, though the gem is quite hard.

rough bit of carnelian - Crude and unpolished, this small stone is a deep red in color and less
than an inch in diameter.  

smoky quartz crystal - This length of quartz runs about a half a cord long.  The cross-section
of the quartz would be that of a near perfect hexagon, all six sides roughly
equal.  Near both ends however, the crystal tapers to rough points.  A dark
impurity taints the clear crystal, giving it a dark, smoke-colored hue.

a small, translucent stone - Fitting nicely in the palm of your hand, the lines of your flesh are
magnified in the light red stone.

a hand-sized chunk of dark stone (basalt) - This chunk of dark stone fits comfortably in the average human palm, and
bears jagged edges in some places, and smooth almost glass-like contours in
others.  Its color is a mix between black and grey, with many tiny flecks of
indeterminable colored sand and stones glittering within its surface.  

translucent blue stone (chalcedony) - This small stone is a pale blue in color, its surface glassy
and smooth.

In regard to the above gemstones, we request that you submit simpler items, though middling level fanciness is alright: we don't want these to be mastercraft, Tektolnes-or-Muk-Utep-would-wear-grand.

Next, we need instruments: all types of instruments, of any medium. With the closing of Tuluk and the disappearance of other clans IG, there has been a lack in available instruments for characters to pursue musical careers with. Again, we don't want anything so fabulous as to be gifted to a Masterbard by Muk Utep himself, or to a senior Whatist by the Highlord, but low end to medium-high end items would be fabulous! Be creative with this one - and maybe we'll even approve instruments that are culturally appropriate but aren't currently in game. Smiley

Please SUBMIT these as QUESTION/REQUESTS with the subject line: CAYUGA: Instrument/Jewelry Submission and include the following:

Keywords:

Short Description:

Long Description:

Main Description:

Material:

Price:

Wearflags:

Craft Information

Ingredients:

What is Left upon Failure:

Skill:

Tool:

Difficulty:

Duration:

Success Message to Crafter:

Success Message to Room:

Failure Message to Crafter:

Failure Message to Room:

When submitting, please also remember to keep these ideals in mind. Thank you!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 11:44:04 AM by Cayuga »
Lāche pas la patate!
...I'm almost certain that I shouldn't be pronouncing some of them like Urine-Moose.

bardlyone

Is there a limit to how many of these should be in each reply? Because I will write up so many sunstone and opal crafts and instruments, that it will make your brain explode. :D
Quote from: Maester Aemon Targaryen
What is honor compared to a woman’s love? ...Wind and words. Wind and words. We are only human, and the gods have fashioned us for love. That is our great glory, and our great tragedy.

Norcal

• Helper
On it! If we do question/request that is a clan request..what clan do we choose?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 10:14:34 PM by Norcal »
I voted and staff let my c-elf ride skimmers and pilot a wagon.

Cayuga

• Storyteller
Is there a limit to how many of these should be in each reply? Because I will write up so many sunstone and opal crafts and instruments, that it will make your brain explode. :D

Lāche pas la patate!
...I'm almost certain that I shouldn't be pronouncing some of them like Urine-Moose.

Reiloth

• Corpse Pose: B&W Film Photography
I'll send some instrument crafts this weekend.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

valeria

• I have a writing blog.
I'd love to submit some jewelry to you.  Is there any way we can get an idea of what the stones look like?  Not that googling topaz is hard, I'm just curious what the IG versions look like in terms of color and clarity in the rough stone's mdesc.  If that's too much work, it's fine!

Cayuga

• Storyteller
I'd love to submit some jewelry to you.  Is there any way we can get an idea of what the stones look like?  Not that googling topaz is hard, I'm just curious what the IG versions look like in terms of color and clarity in the rough stone's mdesc.  If that's too much work, it's fine!

I will get these posted come morning server time!
Lāche pas la patate!

Delirium

• Helper
Holy shit. This is the submissions call I have been dying for.

You will be receiving many things from me.
"Our whole lives are just stories." - Vikings

you've seen more than they could ever know
no matter what they say, you've earned the right to be so bold

Tuannon

I will be sure to duck this issue.

Zenith

So what if we'd like to help out, but we don't know all of the information? Things like price, tool, difficulty....

Cayuga

• Storyteller
So what if we'd like to help out, but we don't know all of the information? Things like price, tool, difficulty....

Difficulty is just at what level of the skill you think the item should be made.

Tool? I can take care of that.

Price is something I can take care of too. It's usually just what the raw materials cost, combined together. :)
Lāche pas la patate!

Cayuga

• Storyteller
Holy shit. This is the submissions call I have been dying for.

You will be receiving many things from me.

Eggsellent.

I will get these posted come morning server time!

Updated OP!
Lāche pas la patate!

valeria

• I have a writing blog.
Wow, even better than I had been expecting!  Thanks!

Zenith

Do you want us to be using basic versions AND polished versions of each stone, or just the basic versions?

Cayuga

• Storyteller
Do you want us to be using basic versions AND polished versions of each stone, or just the basic versions?

They don't exist for each stone. It isn't a necessity. To be fair, when I think of the crafts in game, a lot of them use the unpolished stones and I just assume they are being polished in the duration of the craft. :)
Lāche pas la patate!

manipura

Is there a deadline for this?  Or is this one of those things where sooner is better because you're likely to get three dozen submissions from a few people and that'll be that?
Also, can we lump more than one submission into the same request?  It'll end up being a lengthy request, but I think that's preferable to having a dozen separate requests all from the same person?

Cayuga

• Storyteller
It's fine to put all the crafts together into one big submission! No deadline, not yet. The sooner the better, but I like to build and put crafts through, so you have a pretty good chunk of time to write all these up. Also, if you have some sort of vendetta or hatred of Nergal, this is your opportunity to get him back, because he has to approve all the objects and crafts I make to make them official, live, and in game. ;)
Lāche pas la patate!

RabidMuffins

If you list a tool, will someone have to have that tool on hand to do the craft or is that just what will help with the craft?
Why can't kanks clap?
Because they're dead.

Cayuga

• Storyteller
It requires the tool be 'used', as in, shows up in equipment. :)
Lāche pas la patate!

RabidMuffins

I noticed that the opal description was placed where the sapphire description should go. :)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 01:10:22 AM by Cayuga »
Why can't kanks clap?
Because they're dead.

Cayuga

• Storyteller
I noticed that the opal description was placed where the sapphire description should go. :)

I'll fix it in the AM.
Lāche pas la patate!

Delirium

• Helper
This has been touched on, but I'd like to clarify - is it okay to submit polish crafts for the stones that don't have one? For use in further crafts?

Confession: I had a character that collected gemstones, and it drove the OCD part of me crazy that they couldn't have the polished versions of every gemstone  8)
"Our whole lives are just stories." - Vikings

you've seen more than they could ever know
no matter what they say, you've earned the right to be so bold

Cayuga

• Storyteller
This has been touched on, but I'd like to clarify - is it okay to submit polish crafts for the stones that don't have one? For use in further crafts?

Confession: I had a character that collected gemstones, and it drove the OCD part of me crazy that they couldn't have the polished versions of every gemstone  8)

If you want to, you could. I guess this might be a little awkward, however, considering some of the crafts will require unpolished, and some will require polished. But, hey. Crafting's never been easy, am I right?! ;)

If you can provide crafts for the polished stones, too, that'd be even better. And we'll still consider the stones that are 'glossy' in the main descriptions of the crafts that don't require the polished stones to have been polished in the process of creating their piece.
Lāche pas la patate!

Cayuga

• Storyteller
Updated the original post with another stone!
Lāche pas la patate!

manipura

Not sure if this will be helpful to anyone, but I thought I'd toss it up here anyhow.
For the stones that can be polished, if anyone is wanting to use those in their recipes, the sdescs for them are:

- a polished, olive-green peridot
- a bit of deep-orange citrine
- a small polished topaz
- a tiny, finely-polished diamond
- a small, finely-polished emerald
- a polished opal

And I can't recall for certain right now, but I think:
- a small, finely-polished ruby

I'm drawing a blank on what spinel is after it's polished, but I think it's something like 'a polished, violet-cored spinel'.

I know it probably doesn't really matter for these submissions, but when I make crafts/mastercrafts I write them up with the exact sdescs to make things easier for the staff working on them. 
Just thought I'd stick these up in case someone else was wanting the exact sdescs for their submissions.