Scientific Zalanthas

Started by Hitsuchi, June 25, 2016, 06:00:23 PM

I was always a fan of the Dark Sun "We're just warlocks/clerics but for elementals" with bargaining and all sorts of stuff.
But the Arm way works too.
A bit vague but eh, who has time to question your ability to throw fire?

Interesting read, Shoka.  Most of the stuff you mention isn't documented one way or the other, because we're not trying to run an astrophysics simulation - just roleplay in our literal sandbox.

However, the one thing that is documented is spice.  It's really cool.  You aren't wildly off base.   :P

Quote from: seidhr on January 31, 2017, 12:13:52 AM
Interesting read, Shoka.  Most of the stuff you mention isn't documented one way or the other, because we're not trying to run an astrophysics simulation - just roleplay in our literal sandbox.

However, the one thing that is documented is spice.  It's really cool.  You aren't wildly off base.   :P

I never thought anyone would take my science posts to heart as actual in game fact or whatever. I just like thinking about science to explain things. That's cool about the spice that my "guess" was even remotely right in some doc somewhere. I didn't know you guys had docs at all that explain some of that stuff.  Cool. I hope one day we get a peak at some of that stuff.  ;D

I just really love science! (He says playing a fantasy game...I love fantasy to though!)
At your table, the badass dun-clad female says in tribal-accented sirihish, putting on a piping voice, incongruous not the least because it doesn't get rid of her rasp:
     "'Oh, I killed me a forest cat!' That's nice; I wiped me bum after taking a shit.

Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on January 31, 2017, 09:12:08 AM
Quote from: seidhr on January 31, 2017, 12:13:52 AM

I never thought anyone would take my science posts to heart as actual in game fact or whatever. I just like thinking about science to explain things. That's cool about the spice that my "guess" was even remotely right in some doc somewhere. I didn't know you guys had docs at all that explain some of that stuff.  Cool. I hope one day we get a peak at some of that stuff.  ;D

I just really love science! (He says playing a fantasy game...I love fantasy to though!)

I can't believe a post made about spice being silt horror shit or something along those lines was somewhat declared canon not canon by staff.

Now I just need them to confirm rainbow fire.

Every clan has a bunch of docs on what it that they do. They can be fun to read, I made it a little ooc side quest to read them all at some point. There is still a buuuunch I havent read yet.

I firmly believe silt animal shit is coded, most of us just haven't seen the objects.

With the way the weather is so fierce and windy in the silt sea, imagine the shit being swirled up in all those winds, carried with it.

No go play your spice grebber.
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

Quote from: Cind on February 01, 2017, 04:07:09 AM
I firmly believe silt animal shit is coded, most of us just haven't seen the objects.

With the way the weather is so fierce and windy in the silt sea, imagine the shit being swirled up in all those winds, carried with it.

No go play your spice grebber.

Technically, everything is shit.

The best way to compost anything is to run it through the digestive tract of a life form. It condenses nutrients and breaks everything back down to its most easily consumable minimums which allows it to be taken in again by plants to build biomass.

Every cell in your body was once pooped out by something else before being reconstituted through bio-reclamation into the fabulous "you" that walks around today.

Miradus <--- writes science books for kids.  ;D

Everyone is made of silty shit dust.
At your table, the badass dun-clad female says in tribal-accented sirihish, putting on a piping voice, incongruous not the least because it doesn't get rid of her rasp:
     "'Oh, I killed me a forest cat!' That's nice; I wiped me bum after taking a shit.

Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on February 01, 2017, 10:55:58 AM
Everyone is made of silty shit dust.

I'm now picturing that gypsy woman from Before Sunrise shouting, 'You are all shit dust!'
Quote from: Miradus on January 26, 2017, 11:36:32 AM
I'm just looking for a general consensus. Or Moe's opinion. Either one generally can be accepted as canon.

Quote from: Miradus on February 01, 2017, 10:43:26 AM

Okay.  That's awesome. Kudos +c to you for doing that.  I mean it.

Star dust though.  Star dust.  Got my kids interested for sure.

Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on February 01, 2017, 01:53:11 PM

That's why calling someone the star of your world is both accurate, -and- a good pickup line.  Since we're all..  Stardust.

I'm corny, I can't help it.

Back on topic though, does this mean that the latrines will someday become giant spice mines for some future race?
How about a scavenger hunt?

Quote from: Esadal on February 01, 2017, 03:26:06 PM
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on February 01, 2017, 01:53:11 PM

That's why calling someone the star of your world is both accurate, -and- a good pickup line.  Since we're all..  Stardust.

I'm corny, I can't help it.

Back on topic though, does this mean that the latrines will someday become giant spice mines for some future race?

Well she said Silt Horror shit wasn't far off.  I don't think Byn shit...well...amounts to shit.   ;)