Sneak,hide, mobs and bugging.

Started by X-D, October 09, 2003, 02:28:15 PM

Well, First, I'd like to say, Hide certainly works against npc/mobs.
Sneak also does, but not on auto-flee creatures, ever, My char can hide from basicly anybody/creature, can sneak up on pc's and past other npc's
but not with this char or any other have I ever managed to sneak up on an auto-flee, ever, nor have I seen a pc ever do it, and I've dealt with some very high stealth pc's. I hope the auto-flee script gets a bit of tweeking soon. Oh, and it would be nice if they fled more then one room.

Now, on to my questions.

First, I and others have said before that there are mobs that cannot be hit using archery or throw, I have now found that at least 2 of the 3 main ones can be hit but you get no hit echo and they take no damage, Should I bug this the next time I experiance it or should I wish up for a staff member to take a look or what?

Second, this has to do with creatures that have the hunt skill, in the case of 2 of the creatures I think this could use a bit of work, I mean, when you hide and the creature tracking you walks in and hunts for tracks 5 times, then leaves, then comes back and hunts for tracks 5-10 more times then leaves and comes back and hunts for tracks 90 more times (no joke, I scrolled back and counted) before the player gets bored and leaves...I mean, should there not be some sort of time limit or try limit?

And last, does the hide skill have a time limit? My char stood in a room with a different tracking mob who was hunting him for 12 minutes of hunting for tracks spam then suddenly, without scanning or anything the creature suddenly see's my char and attacks, and The last time I had touched my keyboard was 7 minutes earlier when saving.

Thats all I have for the staff today, thanks :wink:
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job