skill change

Started by 650Booger, May 23, 2016, 12:49:42 PM

Is it still possible to do a skill change via the request tool?  I don't see it listed as one of the request options.  i.e. dropping a skill your character never uses and adding one more in line with his/her lifestyle and personality.
"Historical analogy is the last refuge of people who can't grasp the current situation."
-Kim Stanley Robinson

As I understand it this is almost always done at character creation and requires a special application. I think the "after you've started playing" skill changes are really rare and only for special circumstances.

Quote from: 650Booger on May 23, 2016, 12:49:42 PM
Is it still possible to do a skill change via the request tool?  I don't see it listed as one of the request options.  i.e. dropping a skill your character never uses and adding one more in line with his/her lifestyle and personality.

It is possible to pick up a new skill. In my experience it means you have to loose something else, and also it is not a quick process. Developing the skill will take a lot longer than it would if you had the skill to start with. It needs to have a lot of RP put into it.

I reckon this is a rare thing and probably not something staff would do without a clearly demonstrated and compelling reason (RP) from your PC.
At your table, the XXXXXXXX templar says in sirihish, echoing:
     "Everyone is SAFE in His Walls."

The answer will almost always be no. Not being harsh but this is to avoid imms being seen as unfair.