Fun Things to Do

Started by roobee, May 21, 2016, 04:57:15 PM

What are some fun things to do that you don't get bored of after doing them consistently in the game?

Sex rp

Uh.
Politics is always fun for me.
Murdering elves.
That sorta thing.

Rat hunting in Allanak, if your PC is a fighter sort.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Mudsex.

Lying to people about trivial things (making up fake rumors).

Rat hunting is surprisingly enjoyable.

as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

Quote from: roobee on May 21, 2016, 04:57:15 PM
What are some fun things to do that you don't get bored of after doing them consistently in the game?
Exploring, mapping (kind of ooc), plotting.
At your table, the XXXXXXXX templar says in sirihish, echoing:
     "Everyone is SAFE in His Walls."

Anything you do consistently over a long period of time is going to get boring at some point. It's a trick question.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Playing Kruth

Singing or Dancing RP

Tek's Tower

Rumor mongering in the bars (make stuff up if you have to)

Story telling

Exploring the less explored areas you live in (rooftops of 'Nak, Southlands to the south and west away from Storm, the Red east of the caravan markers, the Grasslands)

Drinking contests (with rules)

Brawling

Scavenger Hunts
Quote from: BadSkeelz
Ah well you should just kill those PCs. They're not worth the time of plotting creatively against.

alt-tabbing to Hearthstone.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

While I understand now that this probably wasn't the wisest choice to do with a magicker and lead to my demise...

I thought it was fun to leave aggressive critters in places frequented by mundanes.

Every once in a while I would come back to a sweet lump of flesh with some coins and equipment to sell.
<19:14:06> "Bushranger": Why is it always about sex with animals with you Jihelu?
<19:14:13> "Jihelu": IT's not always /with/ animals

I probably died to that once. I remember dying to something like that. We thought a mage had <redacted> a <redacted> at <redacted> and then I died there. Would have probably stored in a week anyway. Its been a year but eh, magick.

I like

foraging of any kind,
mining,
combing the wilderness on foot for things like skinned chalton leavings,
sitting on good furniture and just hanging out
cooking

Okay so, I think my favorite stuff is basically the really boring things. Mining obsidian and rping through the muscle aches spreading through shoulders and back, sifting spice and having my PC feel that thrill when something turns up in the sifter. I love having tailors with a big basket of linens to sew their way through and curling up interesting myself with some embroidery emotes. I love inconsequential chatter and gossip over the Way.

The only thing I really don't like is probably RPing through learning combat and ...oh, traveling while following someone is pretty boring...and I really don't like idling in taverns hoping someone might show up. That is The Worst for me. I'd rather be chased down by slavering gortoks and eaten alive.
Quote from: Riev on June 12, 2019, 02:20:04 PM
Do you kill your sparring partners once they are useless to you, so that you are king?

I like climbing things. There's always that little rush of
Oh shit, what if I fall...if I fall from here will I survive?
Shit..Shit Shit.
Then the little triumph of making the climb successfully.
I plan to make a PC solely concerned with climbing every
High place in the known. PROBABLY a dwarf
The Ooze is strong with this one

Quote from: 8bitgrandpa on June 28, 2016, 12:01:20 AM
You are our official hammer, Ooze.

Malachi 2:3

My favourite thing is to just see what this or that can be. Sometimes even seeing if this and that can go together. Hell, don't even need to actually craft you can just have your character peering critically at silly stuff like a piece of bone and thinking "This would make a wonderful nipple ring.". Feel enthused or something, you can even look some random PC in the eye and say "I think you could use a nipple ring, I can make it from this bone here." or "Hey, guy. Can you get more of these?".

I suspect I'm just curious af.
All I see turns to brown, as the sun burns the ground
And my eyes fill with sand, as I scan this wasted land
Trying to find, trying to find where I've been.

Fun things... Some of this sounds interesting! But I've never seen a real PC brawl, don't know enough about the world to rumour monger, am not good at making up stories on the fly.

I enjoy crafting, mining, foraging, stuff like that. Watching good RP. Getting into philosophical discussions.

Quote from: Asmoth on May 23, 2016, 11:43:58 AM
While I understand now that this probably wasn't the wisest choice to do with a magicker and lead to my demise...

I thought it was fun to leave aggressive critters in places frequented by mundanes.

Every once in a while I would come back to a sweet lump of flesh with some coins and equipment to sell.

Heh. I once led a Mekillot to the water cave where a magicker was holed up, keeping people out... I got it within 1 room of the cave only for it to chomp my head off.

I so fucking deserved that death.

I knew a dwarf that would lead bahamets to the east gate of tuluk so the soldiers would kill it. He joined the Byn, and told us that on his first day. This was a couple of seconds after the sarge had expressly told us he wished he could find runners who weren't fucking stupid.

Quote from: little chicken woman on August 06, 2016, 03:54:24 AM
I knew a dwarf that would lead bahamets to the east gate of tuluk so the soldiers would kill it. He joined the Byn, and told us that on his first day. This was a couple of seconds after the sarge had expressly told us he wished he could find runners who weren't fucking stupid.
I'm assuming the dwarf was killed soon after.

Mystifying the fuck out of people.

Finding a person who is convinced that nothing is going on in the game and is bored out of his head and via subtle hints, mentions, and off-hand remarks, get him to think that the entire universe revolves around some character and the world of filled with shit that only he is left out of.

Conning people. I've ran a few elves and thus far, I've only had 2 elves that hadnt conned someone within the first 24 hours of gameplay. And those 2 happened just because I'm busy IRL, so I idle a lot.

Being a mischievous brat.

Watching shitty elves con people, or fail horribly. It's fun.

Pretend you can read ICly, draw scribbles on pieces of paper like your character saw at the Nenyuk bank and pretend they're words.
Inadvertently create a written language by sheer fucking accident.

Quote from: AdamBlue on August 06, 2016, 10:14:40 PM
Pretend you can read ICly, draw scribbles on pieces of paper like your character saw at the Nenyuk bank and pretend they're words.
Inadvertently create a written language by sheer fucking accident.
Then promptly get thrown in the arena.
Quote from: AdamBluewear Inix pelvis
You wear a wood-carved inix strap-on on your pelvis.
etwo wood
You reach down and grasp your wood-carved inix strap-on.
kill booty

Making rivals and defeating them. It is the one constant source of fun in Armageddon and it requires neither staff assistance nor maxed skills. Only a silver tongue and an active mind. And it is the reason I play.

Quote from: Malken on May 21, 2016, 09:57:15 PM
alt-tabbing to Hearthstone.

Please be constructive when it comes to New Player Questions, if you don't have something to add, then just don't comment.  The hope here is to allow for constructive feedback to new players that will assist them with the game, not discourage.  Thank you.
Ourla:  You're like the oil paint on the canvas of evil.

Teach yourself some dice or kruth (card) games and then teach others.

Quote from: roobee on May 21, 2016, 04:57:15 PM

Creating conflict, I find that conflict drives the game and character development more than anything else. It doesn't have to be stabbing people, but just developing friction in any sort of minor way can often be enough to make interesting things happen.. even stabbings!

If you're not great at finding excitement in the game, there are plenty of players that are exceptional at it. Role yourself up a minion and join in on their fun! Let me corrupt you.  ;D
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."