Author Topic: [Mafia] The Fale Masquerade - MAFIA WIN  (Read 29334 times)

RogueGunslinger

Re: [Mafia] The Fale Masquerade - DAY 1
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2016, 03:25:00 PM »
Today is the first day. It doesn't matter if you hit an unproductive townie because you're never going to garner enough information to know for sure you're lynching mafia.

To start us off, I'd like to point out that with roles concealed, we don't know how many scum are present. With 13 players id like to ballpark it at 3 but let's assume the worst when we start getting down to the wire.

Are you sure?

If he is a fool, he's playing it up a lot, which makes me suspicious, but im no bloodthirsty Tor, throwing votes like it's nobodies business.

Tell us more about yourself.

QuillDipper

« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2016, 03:32:00 PM »
Today is the first day. It doesn't matter if you hit an unproductive townie because you're never going to garner enough information to know for sure you're lynching mafia.

To start us off, I'd like to point out that with roles concealed, we don't know how many scum are present. With 13 players id like to ballpark it at 3 but let's assume the worst when we start getting down to the wire.

Are you sure?

Am I sure we don't know how many scum are in the game? Yes. Unless I missed a post saying the numbers, in which case my bad, but as near as I can tell there is none. And that 'let's assume the worst' part isn't necessarily referring to today - Like I said, we have one free townie lynch at LEAST. But we still aught to be careful in later days, because the fact that we don't know the number of scum is a huge advantage for them.

If he is a fool, he's playing it up a lot, which makes me suspicious, but im no bloodthirsty Tor, throwing votes like it's nobodies business.

Tell us more about yourself.

[/quote]

I am but a humble Fale servant, serving my betters. I don't mind the bloodshed but I wish it had been elves instead of m'lords.
Part-Time Internets Lady

Jingo

« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2016, 04:46:45 PM »
Mafia games usually dictate 33% mafia with a wild card or two thrown in.

We can expect 3-4 mafia players and possibly a magicker/assassin that wins with a room full of dead bodies.
Now you're looking for the secret. But you won’t find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.

deathkamon

« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2016, 05:16:25 PM »
Vote: RogueGunslinger

Because he just admitted that he was a scum.

valeria

• I have a writing blog.
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2016, 05:17:14 PM »
If he is a fool/jester, why WOULDN'T he play it up? Unless there's some sort of benefit to the fool for getting lynched in later rounds that I'm not aware of? I can't think of a better one than "objective met, enjoy your afterlife wine/popcorn."

If he's to big with his playing it up, no one would honestly vote for him. I'm thinking it's just shenanigans, or he's trying to drum up the possibility he's the fool to keep the votes away from him early on.

Exactly - Imagine if you were scum (which maybe you are 8) ). Wouldn't the safest place of all be behind the role that is obviously trying to get killed?

That said, once again, we don't know who any roles are and this discussion probably isn't gonna bear much fruit. And the idea of killing 'unproductive' townies when we don't know exactly what we're up against makes me a little uncomfortable. Sure we've got at least one free fuck-up but beyond that, well, it's hard to say.

NO YOU. 

But thinking about this a little further, I don't think it matters if there's a fool/jester in the game or not.  Calling scum right out of the gate is either highly chaotic or highly suspicious and, in either case, heavily what the fuck man.  Even presuming he's just straight up lying and is Fale, he's not giving me a good reason to keep him around.  I'm leaning heavily but not convinced yet.

But if he really wants out of the game he should put his 'sids where his mouth is and vote himself.  At least that way, we aren't surprise-hammered courtesy of a suicidal RGS.

Yam

« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2016, 05:21:52 PM »

Where did he do this?

Yam

« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2016, 05:22:48 PM »

Where did he do this?

Right at the start, or was there something in the recent post I missed?

valeria

• I have a writing blog.
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2016, 05:27:52 PM »
I have decided I will not over think this game. I am one of scum. Come at me, punks.

For your convenience.

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2016, 05:56:12 PM »
Quilldipper is pretty clearly town. Anyone else agree?

SuchDragonWow

« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2016, 05:57:46 PM »
RGS, can you explain your comment, please?
Where it will go

deathkamon

« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2016, 06:12:36 PM »
It's something about his role, guys. Something about knowing what his role is scares me.

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2016, 06:17:12 PM »
It's something about his role, guys. Something about knowing what his role is scares me.

You... know my role?

deathkamon

« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2016, 06:22:56 PM »

You... know my role?
We all will once you're hung.  ;)

Jingo

« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2016, 06:29:30 PM »

You... know my role?
This seems suspicious. I don't think anyone but scum would be over eager to hang RGS over the joke phase of the game.
Now you're looking for the secret. But you won’t find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.

Jingo

« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2016, 06:31:09 PM »
Valeria too I guess.

SuchDragonWow

« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2016, 06:31:57 PM »
Where it will go

SuchDragonWow

« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2016, 06:32:35 PM »

You... know my role?
This seems suspicious. I don't think anyone but scum would be over eager to hang RGS over the joke phase of the game.

I've heard of joke voting but I don't recall announcing you are scum as being typical.
Where it will go

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2016, 06:36:07 PM »

I did, unless you mean a different comment?

Jingo

« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2016, 06:37:34 PM »
I'd say it's still just a joke and probably shouldn't be taken seriously this early in.

evilcabbage

« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2016, 06:40:39 PM »
ahhh yes, well, that's all very good. very good indeed. would you mind fetching me a bottle of that fine oashi vintage? thank you.
I could give a shit about wholesome.

SuchDragonWow

« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2016, 06:43:00 PM »

"I am one of scum."

What do you mean by that?
Where it will go

valeria

• I have a writing blog.
« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2016, 06:44:05 PM »
Valeria too I guess.

Bitch, please. ::) I haven't voted yet.

Anyway, if RGS votes for himself, he's coming out the gate so anti-town that I'd throw him off the ledge without looking back.

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2016, 06:46:46 PM »

Err, wait what the fuck, can't find my comment... Weird.

Anyways I said that Quilldipper doesn't seem to know that mafia know how many mafia there are. Ergo townie.

Valeria too I guess.
Anyway, if RGS votes for himself, he's coming out the gate so anti-town that I'd throw him off the ledge without looking back.
But if he really wants out of the game he should put his 'sids where his mouth is and vote himself.  At least that way, we aren't surprise-hammered courtesy of a suicidal RGS.

So do you want me to vote for myself or not? Getting mixed messages here. Something smells fishy.

Bogre

« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2016, 06:46:59 PM »

Am I sure we don't know how many scum are in the game?

======

I am but a humble Fale servant, serving my betters. I don't mind the bloodshed but I wish it had been elves instead of m'lords.

Scumball scumball speculatory scumball.

3 strikes - "How many scum are there, guys?" "I'm not a Tor" "I'm just a Fale servant"

VOTE: Quilldipper
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

8bitgrandpa

« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2016, 06:48:15 PM »
Valeria too I guess.

Bitch, please. ::) I haven't voted yet.

Even with the possibility, though faint, that he is the fool? Seems a bit risky to toss him out now with the chance that roll is in the game.
Patuk, you and 8bit are my favorite.