Expand the music store in Allanak

Started by The Silence of the Erdlus, April 30, 2016, 08:32:38 PM

I wish they would put in

1) a case for holding guitar/lute/harp type instruments.

2) a wider selection of instruments in simple and crude forms contrasting those of Tuluk, with lesser variety and complexity, and with materials from the south (certain bones and hides, clay, obsidian)

3) the ability to sell picks to the shop, which it currently doesn't have.

Any ideas or thoughts?

Quote from: Yam on April 30, 2016, 08:58:21 PM
Can't PCs open shops now?
They can, but it's a loooong process.
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

also, if the items don't exist yet wouldn't they have to master craft all of them even after becoming a shop?

Does Allanak already has a minor merchant house that only deals with the bardic art?  I feel like merchant houses, minor and major, really fit into the Allanaki culture.  From what I understand and what I have seen, it looks like Allanak only has that elf who sells these items.  While, I'm for a PC starting a shop, but like it was pointed out earlier, it's a long (and impossible) process.  Perhaps, the bardic family members of that last role call can team up with the staff and work on this minor merchant house.  I feel like one does exist but virtually.

#forbardicartsinallanak
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

The last time I know of someone who was interested in creating a music oriented MMH, they were told 'no, Kadius does that.'

I'm aware of that and it's in the docs, but...good point.  I guess we need a push towards more bardic art in Allanak with some staff support.  (or I'm crazy?)
Fredd-

It really doesn't take that long to open your own shop.

If you hit the ground running with it when you start your PC then in reality becoming a shopkeeper doesn't take very long.

You can achieve it in 3 IC years in fact.

There are many Byn Sergeants who are Troopers/Runners longer than three IC years to become a Sergeant.

You can become a shopkeeper with your own shop in less than the amount of time it takes to become a Byn Sergeant.

The real problem?

The shops are required to be full of your own mastercrafts.

As a shopkeeper you have no coded clan status.

Because you have no coded clan status that means every mastercraft you put in your shop only has to be bought once then nobody will ever buy anything from your shop again.......because now everyone can craft it.

It makes the idea of being a shopkeeper little more than a "provide the playerbase with recipes" model....which sucks.

The time to get a shop.....easy mode.....the desire to put anything into one as opposed to selling directly so you can monitor who's doing what with "your goods" to a greater degree....nonexistent.  

So yeah, you can open your own music shop, but I wouldn't count on ever selling more than a couple of your items if you make them available to the public in that regard.
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

Oh. Didn't realize shops could only be stocked with mastercrafts.

That seems unfeasible.

Quote from: Yam on April 30, 2016, 09:58:53 PM
Oh. Didn't realize shops could only be stocked with mastercrafts.

That seems unfeasible.
I think until you get to a certain point of merchant status you are stuck with mc's.
So...
Like 1-2 items unless you make your own shit constantly.

Bardic minor merchant house. Put that elf outta business, son!

Quote from: Delirium on May 12, 2016, 10:11:22 AM

+1
At your table, the XXXXXXXX templar says in sirihish, echoing:
     "Everyone is SAFE in His Walls."

Quote from: Norcal on May 12, 2016, 11:35:54 AM
Quote from: Delirium on May 12, 2016, 10:11:22 AM

+1
Fredd-

The Bards of Meleth's Circle?
subdue thread
release thread pit

Too Tuluki to me.
Fredd-

Quote from: Barsook on May 12, 2016, 12:41:14 PM
Too Tuluki to me.

We'll just have to scream HIGHLORD a lot to change it.
All I see turns to brown, as the sun burns the ground
And my eyes fill with sand, as I scan this wasted land
Trying to find, trying to find where I've been.

Make sure to categorise all your employees by coded guild, too. You could call them all "guards" "makers" and "getters". You're the man now dog.

Or maybe soldier medic and sniper would be better. Either way bards are totally awesome and I agree with OP. The best bards are often talentless ones who are oocly fun to watch. I remember fuji playing an awful bard who would get booed off stage. Good times.

I don't see any reason it would be difficult to get ahold of an instrument in Allanak, especially after the recent events in history resulting in a huge influx of Tuluki refugees of which I'm sure there was at least one dude that could string a guitar or carve a flute. There's nothing to back up the idea that entertainers aren't enjoyed in Allanak. It's sort of silly that it's easier to get your hands on a thal-knot of spice than it is to get a lute in Nak.

Expanding the music store doesn't make nak too tuluki, it makes character concepts easier to obtain without the use of special requests and that's about it.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Quote from: Majikal on May 18, 2016, 05:14:40 AM
It's sort of silly that it's easier to get your hands on a thal-knot of spice than it is to get a lute in Nak.

Not to quibble, but lutes are already sold in Allanak.

Though I agree with the general sentiment that we could do with an increase in instruments in general.

It seems that somebody decided to make some of the one-off instruments that appear in the shop every reboot infinite in number. Thanks, staff!

I would hate to see bards become any bigger part than they already are. Allanak has already had a layer of sugar put on in the last few years and with Tuluk closing it seems even worse.

I feel as if there is too much bardic flavor going on in Allanak as it is right now. Songs, comedy, stage performances, etc always seemed far more (new)Tuluk to me. Sure, Allanak has -some- but to me Allanak's sense of entertainment more along the lines with mutilating people, being mean, watching gladiators kill each other, assassinate people openly, torture-entertainment, brawls sorts of things.

Just my 2 sids.
"People survive by climbing over anyone who gets in their way, by cheating, stealing, killing, swindling, or otherwise taking advantage of others."
-Ginka

"Don't do this. I can't believe I have to write this post."
-Rathustra

Make Allanak Mean Again 2016
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Replace >look with >kill command 2016