And with it, David slew the giant.

Started by fourTwenty, April 12, 2016, 07:26:26 PM

Quote from: Miradus on June 08, 2016, 03:30:36 PM
The jawbone of an ass in the Samson discussions is pretty peculiar. Samson was more or less a Jewish superhero and I'm not sure how much of his exploits we are supposed to believe. (I am not one of the Christians who believe in the complete inerrancy of the Bible). I think it's supposed to be a statement indicating how potent Samson was when the power of God came upon him that he could slay thousands of men with such an unlikely instrument.

As to the whole "jawbone of a cilops" ... isn't a cilops just a big insect? Insects do not have bones. It should be "mandible" or something, shouldn't it?

I think we should just acknowledge the setting in Arm is just a hodge-podge of crap that various people over the decades have found cool and not take it really that seriously or consider it too realistic. Better that than trying to understand how the desert elves developed a Nepalese kukri, a distinct tool for chopping through brush and dense forest.

I don't know about all that other stuff my man, I just know I liked killing things with a jaw. (It's "a cilop's jaw", or something like that...I think it is chitin actually.)  :D
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

I too have enjoyed killing gortoks with as primitive of weapons as I can get. I have tried several times to have a nomadic Aborigine type of character and just go as simple as I absolutely can get. I am not sure it's completely possible in this codebase unless you avoid anything bigger than a tregil, but I have high hopes.

It's very possible. Killing people with spoons is an honored passtime.

I've always wanted to make a Kenshin character that only uses a blunted blade to fight and never kills though.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on June 13, 2016, 02:45:19 PM
It's very possible. Killing people with spoons is an honored passtime.

I've always wanted to make a Kenshin character that only uses a blunted blade to fight and never kills though.
Something something Samurai X

To be quite honest, if you just have 'mercy on', you could probably convincibly do slashing damage but RP it as using the dull edge of your sword.