3/21/16 Update Discussion Thread

Started by Rathustra, March 21, 2016, 04:21:40 PM

March 21, 2016, 04:21:40 PM Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 04:24:34 PM by Rathustra
Please discuss the most recent change here.

Pretty rad. I liked the thing because it was good.

I am down with it, it's sorta sorcerer changy. I approved of that, I approve of this.
<19:14:06> "Bushranger": Why is it always about sex with animals with you Jihelu?
<19:14:13> "Jihelu": IT's not always /with/ animals

Questions that immediately pop to mind:

Is Karma still a factor in these new elementalists?

If so, can you list them again, just for clarification.  And if possible could you hyperlink the help files so I don't have to flub around looking for them.
<19:14:06> "Bushranger": Why is it always about sex with animals with you Jihelu?

I am excited. I dig this. I love this. This is the Golden Age of ArmageddonMud.

And here's a future Merchant/Magicker incoming.
Quote from: Return of the King (1980)
It's so easy not to try,
Let the world go drifting by--
If you never say, "Hello,"
You won't have to say, "Good Bye."

Holy shit....

This just took a large step towards prompting me to create a new character.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

Quote from: Asmoth on March 21, 2016, 04:28:34 PM

If so, can you list them again, just for clarification.  And if possible could you hyperlink the help files so I don't have to flub around looking for them.

Quote from: The FAQ in the Update ThreadWhat are the new karma levels?
1 karma:
Water touched.
Stone touched.
2 karma:
Rukkian aspect of protection.
Rukkian aspect of creation.
Rukkian aspect of empowerment.
Vivaduan aspect of healing.
Vivaduan aspect of corruption.
Vivaduan aspect of creation.
3 karma:
Fire touched.
Wind touched.
4 karma:
Krathi aspect of guile.
Whiran aspect of tempest.
5 karma:
Krathi aspect of agony.
Whiran aspect of travel.
6 karma
Whiran aspect of illusion.
Krathi aspect of devastation.

Will staff be posting the help files for all the new subguilds shortly? Also when I check my karma options I still see that I have some magic guilds I can play, is this an oversight or are these changes not live yet?
3/21/16 Never Forget

Well I'm a little bummed my next PC won't be the nilazi I was planning :(

I'm not sure how I feel about it. I'm worried it'll inject a shitton more magick into the game in the interim though.

Quote from: Asmoth on March 21, 2016, 04:28:34 PM

Quote from: The FAQ in the OP
What are the new karma levels?
1 karma:

• Water touched.
  • Stone touched.
2 karma:

• Rukkian aspect of protection.
  • Rukkian aspect of creation.
  • Rukkian aspect of empowerment.
  • Vivaduan aspect of healing.
  • Vivaduan aspect of corruption.
  • Vivaduan aspect of creation.
3 karma:

• Fire touched.
  • Wind touched.
4 karma:

• Krathi aspect of guile.
  • Whiran aspect of tempest.
5 karma:

• Krathi aspect of agony.
  • Whiran aspect of travel.
6 karma

• Whiran aspect of illusion.
  • Krathi aspect of devastation.

Try: 'help ruk', 'help vivadu', 'help elementalist', 'help magick aspect'.

Quote from: lostinspace on March 21, 2016, 04:30:24 PM
Will staff be posting the help files for all the new subguilds shortly? Also when I check my karma options I still see that I have some magic guilds I can play, is this an oversight or are these changes not live yet?

http://armageddon.org/help/view/Rukkians
http://armageddon.org/help/view/Vivaduans
http://armageddon.org/help/view/Whirans
http://armageddon.org/help/view/Krathis

Quote from: lostinspace on March 21, 2016, 04:30:24 PM

Quote from: Update Notes-Upon logging in to the game, then back out again, accounts will be updated with options based on karma.

I absolute adore the "muddying" of what people with magickal abilities can do. LOVE. IT.
Quote from: Synthesis
Quote from: lordcooper
You go south and one of the other directions that isn't north.  That is seriously the limit of my geographical knowledge of Arm.
Sarge?

I'm curious to hear more about the removal and potential return of Nilazi spells. Will we see the return of such an explicitly anti-elementalist (sub)Guild some day?

Magia delenda est

As neat as this change is. It rocks, I'm excited.

Although, I'm totally not happy about the number of jedi warriors the game is going to have in the next few months.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

March 21, 2016, 04:34:59 PM #15 Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 04:37:00 PM by Asmoth
There is not going to be any forced storing of old elementalists if they "live too long" is there?

I'd heard rumors in the past of elementalists getting too strong and stored.

Also, will there be any change to Gemmed?  I mean, if he looks and acts like a ranger, he's gonna be harder to figure out unless he tells you he's a whatever.

I like the "people first, magickers second" mentality.

I'm a little skeptical about not being able to combine certain spells and elementalists becoming more "sorcerer-like" due to being split up into aspects. Often, the ability to combine certain spells is what made them most useful, and one or the other by themselves was not all that great.

At the same time, I'm concerned that this may make subguild elementalists more powerful than subguild sorcerers, due to mana regeneration.

I'm semi okay with drovians and nilazi being gone... semi because I really wanted to give each class a good run someday, now I never will!

Overall I'm very interested to see how this pans out.

Quote from: BadSkeelz on March 21, 2016, 04:34:16 PM
I'm curious to hear more about the removal and potential return of Nilazi spells. Will we see the return of such an explicitly anti-elementalist (sub)Guild some day?

Magia delenda est

We are looking to cycle in the spells from the drovian/elkrosian/nilazi trees into the game in compelling and thematically interesting ways.

Also, when I hear newbs and shit and players talking authoritatively about 'elemental touched' people, I'll be annoyed at how dumb that is

Quote from: Asmoth on March 21, 2016, 04:34:59 PM
There is not going to be any forced storing of old elementalists if they "live too long" is there?

Quote from: The FAQWill this change affect my current PC?
No. All changes introduced in this update are to new PCs only. Your current PC will not be changed in any way.

What happens to my current nilazi/drovian/elkrosian?
They will experience no change. They can go through their lives as normal until they die or you choose to store them.

Quote from: Asmoth on March 21, 2016, 04:34:59 PM

We will only retire PCs if they enter into a situation where they are no longer playable. The only instance where this might relate to "living too long" is if they get to such an old age that their stats are unplayable.

March 21, 2016, 04:37:17 PM #21 Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 04:39:00 PM by manonfire
QuoteThe efforts of staff and players have hammered these elements into staples of the game world and, with some code adjustments, the spells associated with them will find their way back into play.

Can you elaborate on this? Will staple spells of the nuked elementalist guilds be readded to the spell lists of the new subguilds automatically, or will the acquisition be more.. reward based?

Nvm, was sorta answered above.

Quote from: Case on March 21, 2016, 04:36:23 PM
Also, when I hear newbs and shit and players talking authoritatively about 'elemental touched' people, I'll be annoyed at how dumb that is

Murder those who consort with witches. They're stealing your health, your luck and your water.

Also, will there be any change to Gemmed?  I mean, if he looks and acts like a ranger, he's gonna be harder to figure out unless he tells you he's a whatever.

Quote from: Asmoth on March 21, 2016, 04:38:28 PM

I'm not sure what you mean. If someone is able to hide their nature, that's an IC situation.