Allanaki Noble House Standings/Rankings

Started by Barsook, March 20, 2016, 02:02:45 PM

On the old Arm website, there was a page that had the standings/rankings of each Allanki Noble houses but on the new one, I can't find it.  The only things I remember is House Borsail is the Premier House but House Oash is also one of the Upper Ranked Houses.  I believe House Tor is a middle one.  Does anyone have this chart or info?
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

http://old.armageddon.org/general/noble.html

The bones of this have not really changed, though I believe Tor might be in the lowest tier now (swapped with Rennik maybe?) staff would have to confirm.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Last time I was in a position to know, Fale and Tor were swapped I think. So Tor was in the middle tier, but at the bottom of the middle tier. I think they were in the bottom tier briefly for IC reasons but worked their way back up to the middle, if barely.

Thank guys.  And staff, will that chart be posted on the new website?
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

I wish noble houses were more fluid in movement.  Like say one noble screws the pooch and causes the family to fall in stature.

That way what the players do would be more important than the vnpc families actions.
<19:14:06> "Bushranger": Why is it always about sex with animals with you Jihelu?
<19:14:13> "Jihelu": IT's not always /with/ animals

Quote from: Asmoth on March 20, 2016, 07:05:28 PM
I wish noble houses were more fluid in movement.  Like say one noble screws the pooch and causes the family to fall in stature.

That way what the players do would be more important than the vnpc families actions.

That would be a lovely system though one could argue that this is already the case.  It just takes a hell-ova lot of effort.  Which, to me, is realistic.  The Noble Houses are well-estabelished, have vNPC heads and are reasonably large.  The efforts of one minor member, as represented by the player PC, should take a large amount of effort to shift the standing of their whole House against the standings of every other House, their populations, the Templarate and the Senate, as themselves as the focal point.

It would probably be easier to do, however, if the Houses were smaller in size.  One of the reasons I was so looking forward to the Arm 2.0 idea of smaller towns and the ability to effect things [/tangent].

Still, it's possible!  I could say it's even more possible now, with the addition of the pathway to forming your own House through established, IG efforts.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

Personally I'd like it better if there were 20+ virtual noble families and families could be demoted from nobility to minor merchant and vice versa fairly regularly.  It'd make the setting feel more 'real' to me and would also explain why the noble families haven't been fucked by centuries of inbreeding.  And we could still keep the old houses as the ones that have the longest stature and history.

This may be the wrong topic for this. I'm sorry if it is.

How would a new char, just created, get into the nobility? In the OOC rooms where you can buy clothing, I didn't see any nobility stock--silks and such--that I can recall.

I'm just curious, since the classes are established OOCly and ICly, but I don't know how a person would just ... slip into a role of someone high up who has been pampered, privileged, etc.

Could a newly-created char come in, calling themselves Lord Fale, for instance?

You can become an -Aide- to a Noble house with analready created character by doing some things IC (Joining the Atrium helps)

But as far as being an -Actual- Noble, you'd have to apply for a special role when Staff announces rolecalls
The Ooze is strong with this one

Quote from: 8bitgrandpa on June 28, 2016, 12:01:20 AM
You are our official hammer, Ooze.

Malachi 2:3

Quote from: amyandthepup on June 18, 2016, 11:06:18 AM
This may be the wrong topic for this. I'm sorry if it is.

How would a new char, just created, get into the nobility? In the OOC rooms where you can buy clothing, I didn't see any nobility stock--silks and such--that I can recall.

I'm just curious, since the classes are established OOCly and ICly, but I don't know how a person would just ... slip into a role of someone high up who has been pampered, privileged, etc.

Could a newly-created char come in, calling themselves Lord Fale, for instance?

Nobles are born, not made, in Arm.  It's all about the blood line.

IG nobles also have a way of identifying themselves that is not readily accessible to the common player.
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

Fun fact. There was a thing in Tuluk wayyyyy back when that let you become a noble!

And then uh, people stopped talking about it for good reason.

And with Tuluk's history of Killing you for speaking about things they don't want you too/Please send help they won't let me leave doing absolutely wrong lets just change the subject.

Quote from: Jihelu on June 18, 2016, 04:04:02 PM
Fun fact. There was a thing in Tuluk wayyyyy back when that let you become a noble!

And with Tuluk's history of Killing you for speaking about things they don't want you too/Please send help they won't let me leave doing absolutely wrong lets just change the subject.

What wrong are you talking about, Jihelu? I'm absolutely fascinated by how wrong some people can be, aren't you?  Walk with me a little bit; we can discuss this wonderful subject.  I promise you, it will only be a short walk.

Quote from: Pale Horse on June 18, 2016, 07:38:00 PM
Quote from: Jihelu on June 18, 2016, 04:04:02 PM

What wrong are you talking about, Jihelu? I'm absolutely fascinated by how wrong some people can be, aren't you?  Walk with me a little bit; we can discuss this wonderful subject.  I promise you, it will only be a short walk.
I-I meant nothing wrong I swear. Please I have a wife and family I'm now forgetting about.

I warned you 'bout Jihelu.

Can I get my spice now?
Quote from: Miradus on January 26, 2017, 11:36:32 AM
I'm just looking for a general consensus. Or Moe's opinion. Either one generally can be accepted as canon.