Armageddon Confessional

Started by RogueGunslinger, March 14, 2016, 02:45:27 PM

I confess that I react to death less harshly irl than in game :l

Quote from: Norcal on July 09, 2016, 11:55:13 AM
I confess that I dream about Arm. Last night I was attacked by a rouge Krathi while gathering branches.  I escaped and made it to the gates with fireballs falling all about me, and went to go find the witch killer. It turned out there were two of them, and they had competing adverts posted on the GDB about their witch killing abilities. ???  I am pretty sure one was Malken. 

So, I for one am really happy that Malken is playing.

Aww, I must admit that killing witches is one of my guilty pleasure on Arm ^_^
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

I confess that 2 years in I have barely learned to navigate the game world outside of Allanak. Only in recent months have I actually had a character capable of doing so and the chances for my brain to actually remember the paths.

I confess that I second guess all of my ideas like, atleast four times.
I fourth guess my ideas.
I don't mean to and it isn't always because I think my original was bad or my revision is good it's just. Idk.

Maybe it's a weird confidence thing? I'm pretty confident but maybe when I create a character I just don't know if it is good enough to be created.

This got kinda deep.
I'll go back to posting stupid shit.

Moved a whole mess of posts.

This is not the place for your random thoughts.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

I confess that I hit the post length limit on armageddon too much.

I also hope it could be extended :(

July 11, 2016, 07:38:33 PM #357 Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 07:40:36 PM by RogueGunslinger
If you don't feel guilty about something there's no reason to confess it. It's not a confession then, it's just a brag.

Also this applies to the game and staff and code as much as it does other players:
Quote from: RogueGunslinger on March 14, 2016, 02:45:27 PM
IT IS NOT FOR VAGUEBOOKING ABOUT THINGS OTHERS ARE DOINGS THAT YOU DO NOT LIKE OR PRETENDING YOU SUCK AT SOMETHING BUT ARE REALLY SECRETLY COMPLAINING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE WHO SUCK AT SOMETHING.

This is not RAT, this is not a bragging thread, this is not a complaints thread.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on March 14, 2016, 02:45:27 PM
This thread is for amusement, or for areas where you aren't doing well and want to improve.

Why is this so hard for people to understand.

I heavily cleaned this thread of off-topic posts. I removed about 10 pages worth of posts before getting tired. Stick to the topic of the thread.

I'm probably not using thinks and feels as much as I once used to, but I think it's kind of a profit/loss thing. I rarely saw any profit from it, and felt like it was the equivalent of shouting into my pillow, and I have seen losses from it, where things like this have happened:

Man walks in.

I take the time to look at the man, hemote a reaction, start typing think, "I Should Ru-"

Welcome to Armageddon!

That's no excuse, in fact, I might even start making macros for impulse reactions, like, Profit = Think "Grab his loot!"/get all body (snatching items as fast as he can), or Shit = hemote tenses to run/run/flee self/flee/think (panicked) Shit, Shit, Shit! RUN!!

Does that seem like cheating?
Quote from: Miradus on January 26, 2017, 11:36:32 AM
I'm just looking for a general consensus. Or Moe's opinion. Either one generally can be accepted as canon.

I confess that my throwaway characters achieve more then my 'serious' characters could ever dream of.
Try to be the gem in each other's shit.

I confess that every time I get kudos my head swells up and I play my ass off. It's like a little energy shot for my RP.  ;D
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

I always feel dirty when my PC has to pick up a poop with their hands. And that's coming from a girl who used to clean stables irl.
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

I confess I'm still trying to connect obsessively despite the considerate note staff.  :( :-\ :-X
The Ooze is strong with this one

Quote from: 8bitgrandpa on June 28, 2016, 12:01:20 AM
You are our official hammer, Ooze.

Malachi 2:3

Quote from: Iiyola on July 11, 2016, 09:52:47 PM
I always feel dirty when my PC has to pick up a poop with their hands. And that's coming from a girl who used to clean stables irl.
There are shovels <3

I feel like I'm rutting, and not in a good way. Drifting along into sparodic moments of emoting, to simple idling, which eventually leads to logging off.

Where are you my muse!
Sweet chaos let it unfold upon the land.
Guided forever by my adoring loving hand.
It is I the nightmare that sleeps but shall wake.

I confess to leaving my character logged in while I left the house to go get taco bell for my gf. Did I mention that was during a patrol through the desert?? Sigh. The things I do to drop aggro..erm I mean for love.

Quote from: Jihelu on July 11, 2016, 11:05:33 PM
There are shovels <3
Unless there's a code I'm unaware of, these shovels are merely Rp tools and you'll have to pick them up manually anyway.
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

Quote from: Iiyola on July 12, 2016, 05:52:09 PM
Quote from: Jihelu on July 11, 2016, 11:05:33 PM
There are shovels <3
Unless there's a code I'm unaware of, these shovels are merely Rp tools and you'll have to pick them up manually anyway.
Use shovel deposit

Quote from: Jihelu on July 12, 2016, 05:54:27 PM
Quote from: Iiyola on July 12, 2016, 05:52:09 PM
Use shovel deposit

Only works If there's a mound of it and even then you still need to "get" the shit.  Literally.

Quote from: BadSkeelz
Ah well you should just kill those PCs. They're not worth the time of plotting creatively against.

Well, I mean.
Shit shoveling isn't meant to be the cleanest of professions.

I confess that I have always wanted to make a Merchant or Assassin/Master Cook, joining Kadius or Fale, and live out my fantasy of being the Zalanthan version of Alton Brown on Cutthroat Kitchen.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

I confess that even though I freaking know better, I keep writing bios on the website instead of writing them in Notepad and then copying them. Then I lose all my work because I had to switch windows and ugh.

I confess I got my first Kudos sometime today, and I nearly cried. Epic manly tears of joy that someone had enjoyed a character as much as I had, if not more so. (I didnt really nearly cry but I felt it would have been a nice touch so w/e)

I confess,

I am excited for the guild changes as much as I fear the guild changes.