Armageddon Confessional

Started by RogueGunslinger, March 14, 2016, 02:45:27 PM

I feel bad for the underdogs in the game even though I like to play one myself and love if they get kicked in the face. Figuratively or literally.

And mudsex. God I really start to hate it. And I wrote a whole lot about it just now but I deleted it before someone thinks I'm flaming someone in particular. Some details are important for my char to get an idea of this other char's persona but other details... please leave them out.
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

I quite enjoy having aspects of romance and mudsex in my play, and especially if they're really messed up relationships. Or if I'm messing around with tropes or something, that's fun too, especially in mudsex. Kinda like where Wizturbo is coming from with bad romance and mudsex being fun and probably more realistic. It's another option for characterisation and development too.

I find lesbian mudsex boring af  :'( so it's gotta be something way weird or wacky for me to even bother. Or naturally emerge outta RP or something

also I like PKing people if they deserve it and having good death scenes is fun

My main confession is probably like overextending a bit too much and burning out a lot so I gotta stop that

I play super cautiously, to the point where taking big risks bum me out and make me not want to play. I've yet to manage to play a "throwaway" PC or even successfully suicide one.

I have a very hard time not carrying a PCs opinion of someone onto my next PC.
3/21/16 Never Forget

Quote from: lostinspace on March 15, 2016, 09:16:24 PM
I have a very hard time not carrying a PCs opinion of someone onto my next PC.

what i like to do is take a big cup of coffee, and drink it, before i interact with someone a previous pc hung with.

the caffeine rush really helps me to brighten my mood.

sins absolved by cabbage.
Quote from: Adhira on January 01, 2014, 07:15:46 PM
I could give a shit about wholesome.

Quote from: BadSkeelz on March 15, 2016, 05:56:25 PM
I play super cautiously, to the point where taking big risks bum me out and make me not want to play. I've yet to manage to play a "throwaway" PC or even successfully suicide one.

I'm the opposite. I have a hard time playing safe concepts.

I sincerely love being friends with my former enemies and enemies with my former friends. I like that peek behind the curtain.

But if they have a style of RP that doesn't jive with my own, I have a really tough time getting past that and experiencing the character despite the presentation.

I feel like such a snob and I feel super guilty about it so I try not to let that happen, but it's just tough.

I just suck at this game. Never kept a character alive for more than 3 months.
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

I rarely use Think, never use feel, and am shamefully lax at keeping staff up to date on my PC. I just can't convince myself they give a shit about the day to day interactions, so I only report if something memorable happens.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Quote from: WarriorPoet on March 16, 2016, 11:12:13 AM
I rarely use Think, never use feel, and am shamefully lax at keeping staff up to date on my PC. I just can't convince myself they give a shit about the day to day interactions, so I only report if something memorable happens.

Same here.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

I am terrible about using the Bio Tool.
Since it was introduced most of my PCs have a single entry - their initial background.
Sometimes I'll posthumously add bio entries after one PC has died and before writing up a new one.

I really need to get better at adding bio entries as my character is alive.  
I still think of it as a 'new-fangled' addition to the game and I'm a late adopter.

Quote from: Patuk on March 16, 2016, 11:03:31 AM
I just suck at this game. Never kept a character alive for more than 3 months.

I think I've had 1 or two make it that long, but yeah. I kill my characters more than anyone else by far.

March 16, 2016, 12:28:22 PM #37 Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 12:41:42 AM by Harmless
Quote from: Patuk on March 16, 2016, 11:03:31 AM
I just suck at this game.

This is me.

Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

I constantly find myself looking for ways to make every situation into a big joke.

Even at the most serious times in game I'm most likely just cackling behind my keyboard because I've found a way to make it funny to myself.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Quote from: LauraMars on March 16, 2016, 12:37:45 PM
I constantly find myself looking for ways to make every situation into a big joke.

Even at the most serious times in game I'm most likely just cackling behind my keyboard because I've found a way to make it funny to myself.

I find I cannot play a character successfully unless there is at least one thing about them - appearance, name, background, personality, etc - that cracks me up.

Fuuuuuuck.

You're me.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Quote from: Is Friday on March 16, 2016, 06:53:14 PM

Fuuuuuuck.

You're me.

Me too.
Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.

Quote from: Delirium on March 16, 2016, 11:01:21 AM
I sincerely love being friends with my former enemies and enemies with my former friends. I like that peek behind the curtain.

I confess this too.
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

March 16, 2016, 11:48:40 PM #43 Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 11:52:01 PM by SuchDragonWow
Quote from: Bogre on March 16, 2016, 09:59:53 PM

I confess this too.

One of the more interesting roleplaying moments happened for me when I was playing a Tuluki Templar, and we had the infamous mul, Hawk, in our custody.  He was, without a doubt, my enemy at that point, but on my character previous, I played a Kuraci who considered Hawk to be his version of a friend (as in, he might have tried to kill him if the offer's right, but it better be for more than money).

It was difficult to take a stance of condemnation when I had enjoyed the character for so long, but it also gave me an opportunity to see that character from a different light, outside of his strength and with a glimpse of desperation.

To stay on topic, my confession is that I screwed up what could've been the most fruitful role I've had the opportunity to play in that Templar character, and it was only because of a misconception I had about the documentation that led to a singular damning event.  Not only that, but I didn't take it well, at first, and got a bit snippy with staff about having to play Robo-Templar (that's a long story), but Natious was very encouraging.  In the end, it was my own disillusionment that kind of sunk the ship, there.

Actually, my Arm confession is that I tend to get disillusioned with all of my longer-lived characters.  One year seems to be the cutoff.
Where it will go

I don't get disillusioned. If I stop having fun because I am not allowed to do things I want to do, I usually just play a different character.

Quote from: MeTekillot on March 16, 2016, 11:52:19 PM
I don't get disillusioned. If I stop having fun because I am not allowed to do things I want to do, I usually just play a different character.

It's not because I'm not allowed to do things, I just stop caring about the character somewhere around the year mark.  I don't know why, it's just how I am.
Where it will go

That's why I occupy my time with other people's characters via my own character.

Quote from: SuchDragonWow on March 16, 2016, 11:48:40 PM
Quote from: Bogre on March 16, 2016, 09:59:53 PM

I confess this too.

One of the more interesting roleplaying moments happened for me when I was playing a Tuluki Templar, and we had the infamous mul, Hawk, in our custody.  He was, without a doubt, my enemy at that point, but on my character previous, I played a Kuraci who considered Hawk to be his version of a friend (as in, he might have tried to kill him if the offer's right, but it better be for more than money).

It was difficult to take a stance of condemnation when I had enjoyed the character for so long, but it also gave me an opportunity to see that character from a different light, outside of his strength and with a glimpse of desperation.

To stay on topic, my confession is that I screwed up what could've been the most fruitful role I've had the opportunity to play in that Templar character, and it was only because of a misconception I had about the documentation that led to a singular damning event.  Not only that, but I didn't take it well, at first, and got a bit snippy with staff about having to play Robo-Templar (that's a long story), but Natious was very encouraging.  In the end, it was my own disillusionment that kind of sunk the ship, there.

Actually, my Arm confession is that I tend to get disillusioned with all of my longer-lived characters.  One year seems to be the cutoff.
I really liked that Templar too. We had some good scenes.

March 17, 2016, 12:10:02 AM #48 Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 12:11:40 AM by SuchDragonWow
Yeah, we did.  That character had an enormous ratio of deep, meaningful scenes to time played.  I think I played him for ~9 months, and had 11 days played.  I believe a lot of the reason I stored was because my career was taking off, and I didn't have the time to devote like I had envisioned when I apped the role.
Where it will go

Initially dead set against Allanak, my Mul was defecting there after some IC events and upon arrival was summarily thrown into the Arena. I confess to have been a little salty about that.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.