Author Topic: DragonCon 2016  (Read 3938 times)

tortall

DragonCon 2016
« on: March 10, 2016, 04:26:28 PM »
Despite the fact I don't play and haven't at all in like 2-3 years, I do still like meeting you guys. I live in the Atlanta Area, and have been to/worked DragonCon since 2002. Who's gonna be there? I'd like to try and meet up somewhere close to the Con, so if anyone has a hotel room we can hang in, that would be the best option. I won't have one as the prices got too steep for me. Don't feel like spending $600 just to stay near the Con when I'm only a 30 min drive away.
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.

Asmoth

Re: DragonCon 2016
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2016, 01:03:54 AM »
I've always been interested in going, but if that's the hotel scene, it's just not going to make financial sense to waste that kind of dough.
<19:14:06> "Bushranger": Why is it always about sex with animals with you Jihelu?
<19:14:13> "Jihelu": IT's not always /with/ animals

Brytta Léofa

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 09:08:09 PM »
Not planning to attend the Con at the moment, but I'm up for a restaurant/bar meetup or whatever.

* Brytta Léofa lives tragically far from the awesome people ITP.
"You know you've been playing too much Armageddon when you overhear one co-worker say to another, 'Grab your hat and let's go for a walk outside,' and you have this sinking feeling like someone's not coming back from that chat." - Gimfalisette

ShaLeah

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2016, 12:33:58 PM »
What are the areas around Hotlanta that we could stay at that won't break the bank?
Ginka sees your tears...

....and thinks they are delicious.
Quote from: Cenghiz
And ShaLeah's evil, by the way.

Delirium

• Helper
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2016, 09:11:26 PM »
What are the areas around Hotlanta that we could stay at that won't break the bank?

no one calls it hotlanta

Unfortunately you are asking way too late to find an affordable place within affordable Uber distance... anything that is will be long gone. Heck it's usually long gone a week after last year's con. Your only real shot is to find someone who is willing to share the room they already have.
"Our whole lives are just stories." - Vikings

Brytta Léofa

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2016, 11:09:58 PM »
AirBnB? I guess they're gonna be full up too?

Probably lots of open hotels outside the perimeter, which would be semi okay if you rent a car. Not so great for being able to drink.
"You know you've been playing too much Armageddon when you overhear one co-worker say to another, 'Grab your hat and let's go for a walk outside,' and you have this sinking feeling like someone's not coming back from that chat." - Gimfalisette

tortall

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2016, 02:50:53 PM »
Yeah, hotels now fill up within 5 minutes of opening, sadly. Too much going on in Atlanta that weekend now.

I'll be there, and I'll try and remember to check back in here if anyone is coming in and wants to meet up somewhere at the convention itself. Once I'm downtown though I'm only leaving to go home and sleep.
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.