Author Topic: ShaL's Summer APM aka Real Life Recommended Playing Time  (Read 13336 times)

JustAnotherGuy

Re: ShaL's Summer APM aka Real Life Recommended Playing Time
« Reply #100 on: February 09, 2017, 03:35:11 PM »
Ticket prices are looking very reasonable into Newark.
Or you might get me.
A staff member sends:
     "Looks like you introduced him to *puts on sunslits* the school of hard Knoxx.  YEEEEAAAAAAH"

boog

« Reply #101 on: February 09, 2017, 03:40:33 PM »
No one wants to car pool?!
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

TheWanderer

« Reply #102 on: February 09, 2017, 04:50:13 PM »
Whitt, I'd be the only dude that brought you an airport pretzel. Just keep that in mind.
Quote from: Robert Bloch
Despite my ghoulish reputation, I really have the heart of a small boy. I keep it in a jar on my desk.

Quote from: Alejandro
You will not survive here. You are not a wolf, and this is a land of wolves now.

boog

« Reply #103 on: February 09, 2017, 06:11:41 PM »
Ugh. LaGuardia tickets are so much cheaperrrr
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
There is only one boog.

Bahliker

« Reply #104 on: February 10, 2017, 12:58:51 AM »
LaGuardia is such a mess. I would rather take two extra days off to drive all the way home than have to fly out of that nightmare factory. Or like, pay a little extra to get a flight at an airport that's both closer to Shal's house and WAY more laid back.

boog

« Reply #105 on: February 10, 2017, 01:09:36 AM »
It is. It's also like, eons away. I know. I know. I'm gonna wait a little while and see if the prices drop so I don't have to drive an hour to the cheapest airport around here to fly outta.
There is only one boog.

Riev

« Reply #106 on: February 10, 2017, 12:47:00 PM »
MHT to EWR are like JUST AS EXPENSIVE as going to LaGuardia.

But fuck if I got 230 bucks a person. :(
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Akaramu

• Anathema Web Serial
« Reply #107 on: February 10, 2017, 12:49:08 PM »
Make sure to post pictures, you guys  ;D

BadSkeelz

« Reply #108 on: February 10, 2017, 01:16:16 PM »
It is. It's also like, eons away. I know. I know. I'm gonna wait a little while and see if the prices drop so I don't have to drive an hour to the cheapest airport around here to fly outta.

Same here. SFO or SJC to Newark is running about $860 round trip. I got a much better deal than that 2 years ago, so I'm hoping the prices will dip downwards in the next month or so.
Quote from: janeshephard
You really think BadSkeelz understands the concept of Wine In Front of me? This guy shot me as a townie when he felt threatened. The man's a neandrathal.

Persona for GDB use only. Results in game may vary.

Barzalene

« Reply #109 on: February 10, 2017, 02:57:45 PM »
Those of you searching for flights, sign up for hopper and get alerts for price drops and recommendations. Also always search in an incognito window.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Ourla

• My Art Blog
« Reply #110 on: February 12, 2017, 06:09:28 PM »
Did dates get set for this? I haven't felt Shal's boobs in awhile.
The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.

whitt

« Reply #111 on: February 12, 2017, 07:38:04 PM »
No confirmation yet, but looks like we're aiming here?

Weekend of 20th - 24th in the month of July? My 47th naming day is said Barani. We shall swim nekkid under the light of Lirathu!
Quote from: BadSkeelz
Ah well you should just kill those PCs. They're not worth the time of plotting creatively against.

BadSkeelz

« Reply #112 on: February 12, 2017, 10:50:24 PM »
Those of you searching for flights, sign up for hopper and get alerts for price drops and recommendations. Also always search in an incognito window.

Interesting, there's a $50 difference when I search in incognito window. Thanks for the tip Barz!
You really think BadSkeelz understands the concept of Wine In Front of me? This guy shot me as a townie when he felt threatened. The man's a neandrathal.

Esadal

« Reply #113 on: February 13, 2017, 03:07:55 AM »
Alas, NJ is much too far for this college student.  Bleh cross country trips.

I'll have to come to this in a few years if this keeps on going on!

Send lots of pictures please, it sounds like a lot of fun!

P.S. Sorry for bad typing, it's late.
How about a scavenger hunt?

boog

« Reply #114 on: February 13, 2017, 10:14:32 AM »

Interesting, there's a $50 difference when I search in incognito window. Thanks for the tip Barz!

I set up price alerts on mah phone. Charlotte has them cheap for about ~$180 a piece, but unless Kismetic is going to come and drive me down there, it'd just be cheaper to fly out of GSO because I doubt I can finagle someone to get me down there for free.

And no one wants to drive to fucking Charlotte anyway. Ugh, 85.
There is only one boog.

Shoka Windrunner

• YouTube Channel
« Reply #115 on: February 13, 2017, 06:52:37 PM »

That is an interesting tip.  Fucking data miners.
At your table, the badass dun-clad female says in tribal-accented sirihish, putting on a piping voice, incongruous not the least because it doesn't get rid of her rasp:
     "'Oh, I killed me a forest cat!' That's nice; I wiped me bum after taking a shit.

ShaLeah

« Reply #116 on: February 19, 2017, 09:50:18 PM »
I have to be in Pittsburgh on the 28th but mah naming day is the 21st so we're gonna do the weekend of the 21st.

Barzybaby (I think) told me 6 weeks out is the cheapest find on flights.

Newark is the only way to go BUT I think now we have Southwest and Spirit are cheapo and fly into Nwk.

Jay and Silent Bob are 20mnts down the road. We can go there. 

Last time we were all too drunk all the time to actually leave the compound. I think a small group took a walk down to the beachfront but that was it.

Do we wanna do something touristy?  Let's discuss here!

I vote we let Dig and Path's childrenz stay at the grandparents and they can come solo. I'm kicking minez out for the summer.

I could have sworn Adhira mentioned something about trying to make one of my APMs. *cough* Just sayin'.

Did Nyr divorce his wife yet? I'm looking for #5.  I'm totally using boog as a distraction for #4.

Ginka sees your tears...

....and thinks they are delicious.
Quote from: Cenghiz
And ShaLeah's evil, by the way.

valeria

• I have a writing blog.
« Reply #117 on: February 22, 2017, 04:46:04 PM »
Can I come even if I don't play anymore?  Or drink?  I can't drink anymore.  It's the pits.

I really want to go into the city this time.  For real.  I have never been to NYC even though last time I got to look at it from across the beach.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 04:49:45 PM by valeria »

valeria

• I have a writing blog.
« Reply #118 on: February 22, 2017, 04:48:01 PM »
Oh and if it's REASONABLE to pick anyone up on the way from Michigan to NJ I could be into that.  Especially if a little help with extra gas money is provided.  States I drive through include: Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania.  I'm willing to go decent distances off major highways but it's even better if you could leave your car at a park'n'ride if they even have those out there you crazy kids.

whitt

« Reply #119 on: February 22, 2017, 05:54:00 PM »
I really want to go into the city this time.  For real.  I have never been to NYC even though last time I got to look at it from across the beach.

:shudders:

The city... it is EVIL!
Ah well you should just kill those PCs. They're not worth the time of plotting creatively against.

boog

« Reply #120 on: February 22, 2017, 06:12:43 PM »
It's like, one rat shit away from having the plague.

I agree. It's terrible. Hahaha.
There is only one boog.

BadSkeelz

« Reply #121 on: February 22, 2017, 06:14:56 PM »

((I actually enjoyed the MOMA, the Natural history museum and chinatown))

valeria

• I have a writing blog.
« Reply #122 on: February 22, 2017, 08:04:56 PM »
Yeah but I've never been *whine*. It's like the majorest city I've never been to.

whitt

« Reply #123 on: February 22, 2017, 10:48:58 PM »
Yeah but I've never been *whine*. It's like the majorest city I've never been to.

Fixed that for you.  I'm sure something can be arranged.  But it is the better part of a day for any trip into Manhattan.

JustAnotherGuy

« Reply #124 on: February 23, 2017, 03:22:45 PM »
Can I come even if I don't play anymore?  Or drink?  I can't drink anymore.  It's the pits.

If I come, I'd go with you.  I'd like to hit up a few things if I do end up coming.  I really don't drink much at all anymore.  I might partake one night a bit more than others.  I also tend to be pretty mum when it comes to the game.
Or you might get me.
A staff member sends:
     "Looks like you introduced him to *puts on sunslits* the school of hard Knoxx.  YEEEEAAAAAAH"