The shattering of a Bynner's dreams and then the quick end to his suffering

Started by seidhr, December 17, 2015, 05:44:49 PM

QuoteAn Ample Chamber [E, W, Quit, Save]
  This large square room measures ten cords by ten cords.  The walls are
made of snugly fitted clay brick, mortared with a thick greyish grout.  The
floor is made of freshly planed terracotta tiles, cool and smooth underfoot.
Set into the wall are inch-wide, tall windows, each accompanied by its own
hide and bone shutter, which can be opened and closed in accordance with the
weather outside.  A reinforced door blocks exit to the hall, while a smaller
room lies to the west, its entrance barred with a piece of bone latticework.
Set into a corner of the room is a cooking hearth, a water cistern mounted
in the wall beside it.  
A large bag is lying here.
A few slices of rich brown bread are here.
An empty hefty wooden barrel sits here.
A set of carved agafari shelves are set up near the hearth, glossy wood freshly polished.
A blue bandana has been tied around the door handle, tightly.
Old but cozy-looking, a small, comfortable padded couch sits under the windows.
A fern-patterned green rug has been spread out neatly to one side of the chamber with a few pillows.
The sinuous, gilt-haired woman is standing here.
- she is carrying a large bag.

You stop using your new stained fur-lined, jet-black chitin helm.

You close the door.

You lock the door with a small, simple bone key. - *click*

Quite firmly, setting her pair of knee-high, tooled brown leather boots down on the couch, the sinuous, gilt-haired woman says to you, in sirihish:
    "I promised myself I wasn't going to cry."

The sinuous, gilt-haired woman drops a pair of knee-high, tooled brown leather boots.

Squinting and blinking once, you say to the sinuous, gilt-haired woman, in sirihish:
    "Well, too late for me, I'm afraid."

His gaze drinking in her form, you look down at the sinuous, gilt-haired woman.
Of average height, but a lean frame, this individual is obviously a human
woman of full maturity.  Her carriage is naturally erect and precise, slim
shoulders kept straight.  Her hair is a fall of deep golden blonde, paler
near the crown and in highlighted streaks, with no curl or wave to it.  Her
skin is several shades darker, a coppery hue with very few marks.  The oval
of her face has a small, neat chin and a thin nose, whose bridge bears a
near-imperceptable deviation.  Her eyes are slanted, an olive green that
edges towards hazel near the pupils.  Her long lashes and brows are pale as
the highlights of her hair, the latter arching high over her large eyes.
The wide lips of her mobile mouth are full, upper bowed lightly, lower
drooping in repose.  Long limbs make the most of her height, with very light
muscles under smooth skin.  Her curves are smooth and ample enough to draw
attention, but the length of her legs and the long arch of her waist give
her serpentine grace.  

Her hair has been left free, sleek and smooth as it hangs to mid-back.  Her eyes are lightly lined in kohl, upper lids dusted with silvery powder.
The sinuous, gilt-haired woman is in excellent condition.

Lower lip quivering a little, the sinuous, gilt-haired woman says to you, in sirihish:
    "Don't cry.  Then I'll cry."

Shaking his head, you say to the sinuous, gilt-haired woman, in sirihish:
    "Out of my system.  I think."

The sinuous, gilt-haired woman shifts her things to free her arms, and rushes over to hug you as tightly as she can, sniffling quietly.

Wry smirk on his lips, you say to the sinuous, gilt-haired woman, in sirihish:
    "Lucky has keen eyes though."

The beak-nosed, scraggly haired man takes a step closer to the sinuous, gilt-haired woman, hand reaching out to her.

The sinuous, gilt-haired woman buries her face against you, swallowing heavily.

The beak-nosed, scraggly haired man's arms wrap tightly around the sinuous, gilt-haired woman, holding her against him.

Very quietly, with a modicum of control in her wavering voice, the sinuous, gilt-haired woman whispers to you, in sirihish:
    "I'm so sorry."

His chest rising as he huffs, you say to the sinuous, gilt-haired woman, in sirihish:
    "I'm not."

The sinuous, gilt-haired woman blinks rapidly as she pulls back far enough to look up at you.

You say to the sinuous, gilt-haired woman, in sirihish:
    "All things end Meera.  I'm glad for what we did have."

Nodding her head slowly, voice quiet, the sinuous, gilt-haired woman says to you, in sirihish:
    "I love you.  Never doubt that."

Small tears forming at the corners of his eyes as he blinks, you say to the sinuous, gilt-haired woman, in sirihish:
    "I never did from the day you sat on that couch."

(The beak-nosed, scraggly haired man takes in a deep breath, then lets it roll out, his eyes blinking once more.)

The sinuous, gilt-haired woman blinks rapidly, lashes decidedly wet, though she manages a smile as she leans up to steal a kiss from you.

Lips responding to hers and one broad, calloused thumb coming up to wipe the forming tears away, smudging the kohl, you ask the sinuous, gilt-haired woman, in sirihish:
    "No tears, remember?"

Looking about, you ask the sinuous, gilt-haired woman, in sirihish:
    "Are you done, then?  Leaving soon?"

Nodding her head, voice quiet, the sinuous, gilt-haired woman says to you, in sirihish:
    "I am.  I cleared away as much business as I could..."

Pressing his lips to her forehead, you say to the sinuous, gilt-haired woman, in sirihish:
    "Then I suppose this is good bye.  For now."

"The Lord Captain Fale has summoned us to the Gaj for some sort of announcement."

Reaching for his hand and pressing something into it, the sinuous, gilt-haired woman asks you, in sirihish:
    "It's not fancy, I know, but...I made it because it matches mine.  And...can you give something to my brother?"

The sinuous, gilt-haired woman gives you her bone, black pearl ring.

The beak-nosed, scraggly haired man ceases his train of thought looking down at your bone, black pearl ring, nodding absently.

The sinuous, gilt-haired woman gets her deck of Kruth cards from her yellow-embroidered canvas backpack.

"If I ever see him again, aye."

The sinuous, gilt-haired woman fishes out her deck of Kruth cards with a small smile, and tosses them onto the couch.

The sinuous, gilt-haired woman drops a deck of Kruth cards.

Unable to help another little quiver of her lower lip, the sinuous, gilt-haired woman says to you, in sirihish:
    "I won't keep you."

Looking at your bone, black pearl ring even as he turns away, you say, in sirihish:
    "I know."

"Shade.  Love.  Find Happiness where ever Whira takes you."

Voice quieting, the sinuous, gilt-haired woman says to you, in sirihish:
    "...I love you.  Stay safe.  If you ever decide you're ready...you know where to find your family."

The beak-nosed, scraggly haired man fumbles with your small, simple bone key in the door, cursing lightly.

The beak-nosed, scraggly haired man nods once.

You open the door.

The sinuous, gilt-haired woman silently lifts a hand to cover her mouth, shoulders shaking lightly.

e (with heavy steps)
A Well-Lit Hallway [N, E, S, W, Save]
  This hallway, with its high ceiling and white stone walls seems clean
and well maintained.  Grey slate slabs line the floor contrasting and
complementing the stark walls.  Overhead the ceiling bears a mosaic, an
abstract pattern done in flat tiles of different colored stone.  Broad doors
sit off to each side of the passage, and the hallway stretches north and
south.  
The tall figure in a dark, hooded cloak is hiding here.
The tall figure in a hooded, grey sandcloth windcloak is hiding here.

You close the door.

You lock the door with a small, simple bone key. - *click*

You feel a sharp pain in your back and blood wells up in your throat!
The tall figure in a dark, hooded cloak lightly stabs your leg.
You feel very sick...
The tall figure in a dark, hooded cloak stabs your foot, nicking you.
You feel very sick...
The tall figure in a dark, hooded cloak swiftly dodges your hit.

The tall figure in a dark, hooded cloak solidly stabs your body.
The tall figure in a dark, hooded cloak stabs your body, nicking you.

Your surroundings blur slightly.
The tall figure in a dark, hooded cloak stabs your leg.
The tall figure in a dark, hooded cloak stabs at you, but you dodge out of the way.

The tall figure in a dark, hooded cloak solidly stabs your body.
The tall figure in a dark, hooded cloak stabs at you, but you dodge out of the way.

unlock door e
You do not have the proper key for that.
The tall figure in a hooded, grey sandcloth windcloak draws an onyx-pommeled bone dagger.

The tall figure in a dark, hooded cloak stabs your wrist, wounding you.
The tall figure in a dark, hooded cloak stabs you, barely grazing your body.

The tall figure in a hooded, grey sandcloth windcloak draws an obsidian dagger.

A darkness creeps at the edge of your vision.
Your vision goes black.

Good night sweet prince.

I remember this happening. I was sad to see him go. I liked him.
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

A Well-Lit Hallway [N, E, S, W, Save]

The tall figure in a dark, hooded cloak is hiding here.
The tall figure in a hooded, grey sandcloth windcloak is hiding here.

::)

What were the names of the Bynners involved, by the way? They look vaguely familiar.

Best large I ever spent.
Quote from: Nyr
Dead elves can ride wheeled ladders just fine.
Quote from: bcw81
"You can never have your mountainhome because you can't grow a beard."
~Tektolnes to Thrain Ironsword

Quote from: Fujikoma on December 17, 2015, 05:58:07 PM
Best large I ever spent.
Ooooh, you sharp-eared diiick!!  ;)

Quote from: musashiengaging in autoerotic asphyxiation is no excuse for sloppy grammer!!!

Armageddon.org

Quote from: BadSkeelz on December 17, 2015, 05:52:23 PM
What were the names of the Bynners involved, by the way? They look vaguely familiar.

The Bynner was a fella named Drogan.
The gal was Almeerah (Meera) - not a Bynner, but her adopted brother Rolan was.
Quote from: BadSkeelz
Ah well you should just kill those PCs. They're not worth the time of plotting creatively against.

Zalanthan ending, I like it.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Oh man, I did not see the end of that coming at all... the feels  :'( :'( :'(

I wish someone would post the log of the Byn going to kill those psionic bandits... holy fucking shit that was intense.

Quote from: Kronibas on January 03, 2016, 06:19:56 PM
I wish someone would post the log of the Byn going to kill those psionic bandits... holy fucking shit that was intense.

I loved that RPT. Mostly because people were dying left and right.

I think it was so good because lots of us had been playing a good bit and had really gotten to know the characters around us... then bam, murder everywhere.

some of the deaths could have been prevented, though.  the damn scorpion pit trap...  :o :o :o :o

@badskeelz COMIN IN HOT!
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

I remember the weeks that followed, stalking any and all sharps going in and out of the building... And reporting the NPC elf that always hung out on the corner.

::)

Such a newb I was am

That is a very Armageddon ending.  Beautiful!  

I remember Nose aka Drogan (who, by the way, had a hairy butt) and Almeerah fondly.  

Are you at liberty to say if Almeerah set you up?  I mean, I know I've done this countless times:

say (peeing deeply into your eyes) I love you so much.  Forever.

w (weeping)

psi Yeah, he's there now.  Do it.  End him.
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

Quote from: Kronibas on January 03, 2016, 06:27:02 PM
I think it was so good because lots of us had been playing a good bit and had really gotten to know the characters around us... then bam, murder everywhere.

some of the deaths could have been prevented, though.  the damn scorpion pit trap...  :o :o :o :o

I was half a second from saying, "I think we should send in the scouts first here...just incase..." and then thought to myself, "I don't want to overstep my bounds, I will stay quiet.".

Should have opened my mouth. My character had a fair amount of guilt about it in fact after this was all over knowing he could have, was about to, and should have prevented it.
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

Quote from: nauta on January 06, 2016, 02:10:00 PM
I mean, I know I've done this countless times:

It's great when people give their character some sort of fetish...  :D

Quote from: manipura on January 06, 2016, 02:31:40 PM
I mean, I know I've done this countless times:

It's great when people give their character some sort of fetish...  :D

Oh, I forgot an emote in there!

stand (from ^me squat over %tall.muscular eyes)

w (weeping)
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

Are you at liberty to say if Almeerah set you up?

No idea at all, but if they did?  Well done!
Quote from: BadSkeelz
Ah well you should just kill those PCs. They're not worth the time of plotting creatively against.

Quote from: Desertman on January 06, 2016, 02:15:06 PM
Quote from: Kronibas on January 03, 2016, 06:27:02 PM

I was half a second from saying, "I think we should send in the scouts first here...just incase..." and then thought to myself, "I don't want to overstep my bounds, I will stay quiet.".

Should have opened my mouth. My character had a fair amount of guilt about it in fact after this was all over knowing he could have, was about to, and should have prevented it.

Hah. My character at the time was just the opposite. I remember about halfway through the RPT we came across lands that looked oily or pissed on or whatever lands before their camp. He freaked out, because my spidey senses were tingling and yelled. "THIS IS A TRAP WE'RE BEING AMBUSHED!" Or something like that. And then nothing happened... Shortly late all hell broke loose.

Drogan was a cool character. He was also fairly badass at the time, I'm surprised he didn't dodge more of those stabs. Those must have been some fairly tough elves.

Drogan was an amazing character, I'm glad the player's still out there, being amazing. Those elves were buff as fuck, I'm not sure what else I'm allowed to say about them, but, yeah... I don't think Almeerah was involved in the slightest, the timing and context of this piece are somewhat ambiguous. The elves hiding in the hallway are the culmination of a side-plot that for some reason no one saw coming, despite repeated, loud warnings that almost got the shit killed out of my PC (but it was totally worth the risk I took, for Pof Drogan, better than just a ding).

EDIT: And if you must know, I was trying my damndest on an almost OOC level to avoid it ending like that, I think everyone on the other side of the fence were too, but a few key events made it unavoidable. The timing, though, is just lmfao funny.

I suppose the moral of this story is, city elves can and will fuck your shit up if you rile them enough, even if you are a super-awesome guy with loads of status that everyone likes. And fuck, I wish it hadn't had to be Drogan, but, all bets were off when a particularly well-regarded elf turned up dead (though admittedly, we never did figure out for sure who killed that elf, we only knew who was threatening them). You can't just take that back. Live by the sword, die by the sword, that's just how it works. There are elves, they have tribes, aliances, and friends, they are not helpless despite very few rolling up city elves (or their weak stats, or lack of riding), and it's seriously meta as fuck to start with the assumption that they are. Drogan didn't do it wrong, but some do.

I believe I have a log of that raid all cleaned up and ready to go. I knew it would be submit worthy, after a year, so I cleaned it up right away. Though I was unconscious for part of it. But I think I got the two epic bits:

"In a world without sid, we would've been heroes!"

and

"Bring it fatso."

I'll try to put in a submission this week.
Quote from: musashiengaging in autoerotic asphyxiation is no excuse for sloppy grammer!!!

Armageddon.org

Hoooly shit. That was spectacular.

It's as if he knew he was walking to his death or something.

Bravo, man.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

"The Lord Captain Fale has summoned us to the Gaj for some sort of announcement."
Lol. This was a boxing match, I believe. He was having people in the bar fight and the winner got to rename Theyaks Walk. (It ended up as "Bynners March", I believe.)  I think the rest of the Byn was on the rooftops kiddy corner to the building you were stabbed in (like 5 screens away) when this happened... Soo much crazy timing in this log...

Armageddon.org