Colors

Started by Sinister, December 14, 2015, 10:23:36 PM

As a new player I've noticed people using different words to describe colors. What are the most common names for colors on the world of Zalanthas? I know it would help me with my RP and plus give me a better idea of what certain things looked like. Thanks!

I hate admitting this but I never actually figured this out myself.   I always found it a faintly annoying practice, because I can't keep kalans from ginkas straight in my head.

There's a thread somewhere for this, that has examples of all the colours in game.

Umm...ginkas are red.  Kalans are turquoise.  Jallal are...orange...

http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,38103.0.html

There's also a joke in there with keeping kalans and ginkas straight, but I couldn't do it.
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

There we go, nauta found the link and linked it before I got to it.  I got distracted looking at the colours.  Heh. 
One of the posts on the last page has a good chart and a legend someone made specifying various colours in-game.

Quote from: manipura on December 15, 2015, 02:10:34 AM
There we go, nauta found the link and linked it before I got to it.  I got distracted looking at the colours.  Heh. 
One of the posts on the last page has a good chart and a legend someone made specifying various colours in-game.

Sorry -- sugar-rush from eating all those kank honey candies before the decay code took them away.   :'( :'( :'(
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

Thank you all! Just trying to soak up all the knowledge until I can until my head goes PoP.

December 15, 2015, 12:37:54 PM #7 Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 12:39:29 PM by Molten Heart
IMO adjectives describing color should be restricted to words that are recognized as colors. Being clear is more important than the confusion caused, and there's no down side to using real color names.
"It's too hot in the hottub!"

-James Brown

https://youtu.be/ZCOSPtyZAPA

That chart is amazing. It's said there, but for ease of reference, ginka have a lavender exterior and a blood red interior.
"Hello, you fellows! You're the very animals I was coming to see! Come along! Hop up! We'll go for a jolly ride! The open road, the dusty highway. Come! I'll show you the world. Travel, change, excitement..!" -Wind in the Willows

I've always been confused by the idea of standing in the middle of the day in the Red Desert with the sun and Jihae both in the sky. That's like four reds--- how are they different?

Quote from: nauta on December 15, 2015, 02:14:59 AM
Quote from: manipura on December 15, 2015, 02:10:34 AM
There we go, nauta found the link and linked it before I got to it.  I got distracted looking at the colours.  Heh.  

Sorry -- sugar-rush from eating all those kank honey candies before the decay code took them away.   :'( :'( :'(

I'd argue kank honey is grounds for a restoration, because honey never spoils and there's now a no-spoil tag.

Quote from: manipura on December 15, 2015, 02:07:10 AM
There's a thread somewhere for this, that has examples of all the colours in game.

Umm...ginkas are red.  Kalans are turquoise.  Jallal are...orange...

Some ginkas are purple.

As of February 2017, I no longer play Armageddon.

Quote from: The Silence of the Erdlus on December 15, 2015, 03:02:35 PM
I've always been confused by the idea of standing in the middle of the day in the Red Desert with the sun and Jihae both in the sky. That's like four reds--- how are they different?

The same way scarlet, crimson, vermilion and cherry are different reds, I imagine. Unless I misunderstand what you're saying.

What it is, is that I can't picture it visually in my head, although I think I heard Jihae described as scarlet once.

Probably looks a bit like this. (Though, let's be real, no water)

Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."