Multiple changes to foraging and mining: discussion thread

Started by ArmageddonMUD, December 10, 2015, 05:27:01 PM

What about making quarry it's own forage subtype? Remove them from the regular 'forage stone' list.

Can you find obsidian and glass like you can basalt, sandstone and other things? If so, my next PC is going to be fucking rich.

Quote from: Delirium on January 01, 2016, 04:54:27 PM
What about making quarry it's own forage subtype? Remove them from the regular 'forage stone' list.

This is a very good idea.

You can forage glass and obsidian via forage stone. Still time consuming, it's not exactly a summon glass spell.

Man I love the shit out of this change, seriously. Miner character for 2016 incoming.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

I like it so far, but my one complaint about mining seems to still be there.

ATTEMPT MINING
ATTEMPT MINING
ATTEMPT MINING
ATTEMPT MINING
ATTEMPT MINING
ATTEMPT MINING
ATTEMPT MINING
ATTEMPT MINING
ATTEMPT MINING
ATTEMPT MINING
ATTEMPT MINING
ATTEMPT MINING
ATTEMPT MINING
ATTEMPT MINING
ATTEMPT MINING
OUT OF STAMINA

NO Results.
<19:14:06> "Bushranger": Why is it always about sex with animals with you Jihelu?
<19:14:13> "Jihelu": IT's not always /with/ animals

This would be better, and you would reduce on the clutter of all the rest of the stones you could potentially find.

Unless find stone for quarried or whatever works.
<19:14:06> "Bushranger": Why is it always about sex with animals with you Jihelu?
<19:14:13> "Jihelu": IT's not always /with/ animals

Quote from: Asmoth on January 09, 2016, 06:50:28 PM
I like it so far, but my one complaint about mining seems to still be there.

ATTEMPT MINING
ATTEMPT MINING
ATTEMPT MINING
ATTEMPT MINING
ATTEMPT MINING
ATTEMPT MINING
ATTEMPT MINING
ATTEMPT MINING
ATTEMPT MINING
ATTEMPT MINING
ATTEMPT MINING
ATTEMPT MINING
ATTEMPT MINING
ATTEMPT MINING
ATTEMPT MINING
OUT OF STAMINA

NO Results.
Buy tent

Quote from: Majikal on January 01, 2016, 08:36:04 PM
You can forage glass and obsidian via forage stone. Still time consuming, it's not exactly a summon glass spell.

Man I love the shit out of this change, seriously. Miner character for 2016 incoming.

So, necro'ing this a bit. What keyword works so you can try to just get these instead of the massive rock spam?

'forage stone for obsidian' ? When that doesn't work for a long time, I can't tell if I have the keyword wrong ('forage stone for deposit?') or if it's the wrong room, or if it's just rare, etc.
> who
Immortals
---------

There are 0 visible Immortals currently in the world.

There are 0 players currently in the world, other than yourself.

"Only the Lonely" - Roy Orbison

Quote from: Asmoth on January 09, 2016, 06:52:48 PM
This would be better, and you would reduce on the clutter of all the rest of the stones you could potentially find.

Unless find stone for quarried or whatever works.

forage stone for quarry
you find quarried stone

solved.
Quote from: Adhira on January 01, 2014, 07:15:46 PM
I could give a shit about wholesome.

I think the correct keyword is quarry or quarried, yes.

Note that this will not actually help find the quarried stone faster, but it will prevent you from picking up rocks you don't want.

The right keyword is "quarried"

You could also search specifically for types of stone by using "jasper" "basalt" "obsidian" etc.