Author Topic: Salarri Weapons Project  (Read 17112 times)

Bast

Re: Salarri Weapons Project
« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2016, 10:29:47 AM »
There is a number of medieval references/combat instructional guides that show the a knight actually holding a longsword like a dagger for certain combat maneuvers. Watched a neat thing about it on the history channel the other day.   
The sound of a thunderous explosion tears through the air and blasts waves of pressure ripple through the ground.

Looking northward, the rugged, stubble-bearded templar asks you, in sirihish:
     "Well... I think it worked...?"

IAmJacksOpinion

• MySpace
« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2016, 09:17:05 PM »

This should follow the Mastercraft Template where applicable:

New Object

Keywords:

Short Description:

Long Description:

Main Description:

Material:

Price:

Wearflags:

Craft Information
Ingredients:

What is Left upon Failure:

Skill:

Tool:

Difficulty:

Duration:

Success Message to Crafter:

Success Message to Room:

Failure Message to Crafter:

Failure Message to Room:

Is this stuff explained in more detail somewhere? I don't play master crafters, so I have a laundry list of questions here:

1. Material: Can there only be one material, or do I list the materials for each ingredient used? Are these specific (eg, "obsidian") or general (eg, "stone")? Is there a predefined set?

2. Price: Is this the base price, or what you would want to pay for it at market without haggle? If it's the base price, what would the assumed mark up be?

3. Tool: Just... what does this even mean? The tools that would give you a crafting bonus to this? Aren't those decided by material / skill???

4. Duration: This is the craft delay, I'm guessing?

5. Wear flags: Again, is there an enum available for these? For weapons, would these need to include things like sheathable on belt, sheatheable on back, main hand, secondary hand, both hands?
Quote from: musashi
engaging in autoerotic asphyxiation is no excuse for sloppy grammer!!!

Armageddon.org

manipura

« Reply #52 on: January 18, 2016, 09:40:38 PM »
Material is the sdescs of all the items going in to the recipe.  A craft recipe can have up to five items, so something like a piece of bone, a shard of sharp-edged obsidian, a length of leather.

Price (I think) is what you'd value it at.  Not necessarily what you'd get from an NPC for it or how much you'd sell it to another PC.  Just the general value of it, based on materials etc.  Honestly, this is what I always have the hardest time with.

Tool is where you can determine whether or not a tool is required to make it the recipe.  You can specify whether the crafter must have a certain type of tool to attempt the craft.  If you have a recipe where you need a whetstone, for example, attempting the craft without one gives an echo like "Crafting this requires a whetstone tool."  So you can create a craftable item that requires specific tools.

Duration is the crafting delay, yep.

Wear flags, for weapons, are things like whether it's sheathable on your back, on your belt, if it's two-handed, that sort of thing.  If you were making something heavy that maybe could only be a primary hand weapon, I'd mention it here too.

Other things I usually add in, (ADDITIONAL NOTES: or something similar, at the bottom) are things like the weight of the item (based on the materials used) and whether it might be used for skinning etc.  For garments/bags etc, I'd add how much it can hold, whether it's closeable, that sort of thing.  But for weapons, none of that will really aply, other than maybe the weight and whether you can skin with it.

IAmJacksOpinion

• MySpace
« Reply #53 on: January 18, 2016, 09:45:44 PM »
Are you sure material is the individual components? That seems like it belongs in "ingredients." 

Otherwise, very helpful, thank you.
Quote from: musashi
engaging in autoerotic asphyxiation is no excuse for sloppy grammer!!!

Armageddon.org

manipura

« Reply #54 on: January 18, 2016, 09:48:19 PM »
I am sure, yep.

Materials and ingredients are the same.  I never really knew why there were two spots for it, but when I submit mastercrafts, the materials section and the ingredients section are the same thing.

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #55 on: January 18, 2016, 10:30:59 PM »
Material = mek bone

ingrediants = a long shard of mek-bone

I just put in "not sure" for a bunch of stuff that I didn't know what to put down, and it got accepted just fine.

Akariel

• Storyteller
« Reply #56 on: January 19, 2016, 12:16:40 PM »
Materials are more vague a construct. It's the generic material-type for that object. So if you have A bone handled, obsidian headed spade with feathers hanging off it everywhere you would have to choose between "Bone", "Obsidian", or "Feather". In that case, since the business end is obsidian, I'd go with obsidian.

Jingo

« Reply #57 on: February 03, 2016, 01:02:38 AM »
Is this still open for submission?
Now you're looking for the secret. But you won’t find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.

Nergal

• Producer
« Reply #58 on: February 03, 2016, 06:15:40 AM »
This is closed for the time being. There will be more item requests in the future.