------------
Aggressor Apothecary Berserker
Bruiser Cutpurse Grebber
Lancer Majordomo Master Armorsmith
Master Chef Master Crafter Master Potter
Master Tailor Master Trader Master Jeweler
Outdoorsman Protector Rogue
Slipknife Weaponsmith

I know I made a poll but I didn't ask you which one was your favorite. Just categories.

So.

Which one is your favorite?

Mine will always be scavenger. I like the food, I like the grebbing, and I like that I can support myself without becoming unrealistically burdened by wealth.

Tailor was always high on the list, as was mercenary for the knifemaking, ride and direction sense.

I think I've played Bard more than any of the others.

Particularly now with the additional functionality of sleight of hand, all of their skills are great. Granted, the only class that doesn't have overlap with them is warrior so it's niche. But most of my long-lived warriors have been bards.

Thief is an unsung great just for flee and city stealth and with rogues who it is pertinent to who don't normally get it, sleight of hand.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

physician, no contest

Paint the man, cut the lines

Bard forever, samurai together.

Used to be Nomad. But Thief and Hunter both had their place.

Protector and Slipknife are both fun, some character ideas need outdoorsman and rogue.

I'm coming around on Grebber. Might craft my next character around that, as I haven't tried it yet.

Over all my favorite would still be Nomad. Even though the ext subs are clearly better it holds a fond place in my heart for.. you know, being incredibly OP compared to other outdoorsy subs.

Scavenger, because it makes every guild but ranger remarkably more self sufficient for exploring type play.
Quote from: Maester Aemon Targaryen
What is honor compared to a woman's love? ...Wind and words. Wind and words. We are only human, and the gods have fashioned us for love. That is our great glory, and our great tragedy.

Anything with direction sense. Unfortunately this somewhat limits the combination of guilds and sub-classes for me. Especially if I want to play anywhere other than allanak.

Luckily, Ranger/anything is really good.

It's totally dependent on the main guild I pick and what kind of character I'm planning on playing.
If I want to have a -chance- at survival out of the city but don't pick ranger for a main guild, then it's got to be scavenger.
If I'm playing primarily a city-based character, and not playing a merchant guild, then pretty much any crafting subguild will work. I favor weaponmaking and jewelry, if I had to pick.
If I'm playing a merchant-guild, then I'd probably pick an extended combat-based subguild.
For ranger, any crafting subguild is fine. Ranger lets me survive and "greb." Crafting lets me do something with all those raw materials to earn my keep.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Merchant bard/Merchant linguist is the true method of play.

Merchant Linguist master race

I've actually taken linguist on all my long lived characters.

I think extended subs can be better than linguist, though.

Quote from: Erythil on November 14, 2015, 11:04:42 PM
Merchant Linguist master race

I've actually taken linguist on all my long lived characters.

I think extended subs can be better than linguist, though.
Everyone idea this:

An extended linguist guild.

Scavenger / hunter / thug / acrobat.
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

Hunter/Scavenger/Nomad

Ranger can choose any sub

Quote from: Inks on November 15, 2015, 03:27:04 PM

Absolutely true. I always have a hard time choosing one. Speaks to the disparity between the Ranger class and the other mundane classes. Ranger holds up on its own, but to do most things with other Guilds you basically HAVE to pair with the right subguild.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on November 15, 2015, 03:38:05 PM
Quote from: Inks on November 15, 2015, 03:27:04 PM

Absolutely true. I always have a hard time choosing one. Speaks to the disparity between the Ranger class and the other mundane classes. Ranger holds up on its own, but to do most things with other Guilds you basically HAVE to pair with the right subguild.
Agreed.

I honestly think ranger is kinda op.

I think Mercenary is not that bad.

No handed ride!
Crafting skill!
Direction sense!
Hard to get drunk

Linguist is bombdank as fuck.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

Linguist is bombdank as fuck.
-Reiloth

Wtf, stupidphone.
-Reiloth