Excited about the Coming Soon... Al'Seik/Arabet

Started by Hot_Dancer, November 11, 2015, 07:34:50 PM

November 11, 2015, 07:34:50 PM Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 07:37:38 PM by Hot_Dancer
Love it. Love it.

When characters from these tribes are played well they can bring a metric fuck ton of interaction and opportunity to the Luirs/Tablelands area of play.

It'll be an excellent time to spike your Kuraci, Sun Runner, Soh, Vrun or Tablelands ranging raiders/traders/hunter/indie concepts.
Anonymous:  I don't get why magickers are so amazingly powerful in Arm.

Anonymous:  I mean... the concept of making one class completely dominating, and able to crush any other class after 5 days of power-playing, seems ridiculous to me.

Aren't you that guy with a thing for wild neckers? The same race that are partially responsible for the decline of the poor vunerable al'seik/arabet tribes?

...can't help but think your post is just long-ear code for 'I'ma going to shoot me up some round ears' 

Admit your sins you monster!

:-*

Don't worry friends.

We haven't forgotten about the rest of the Tablelands.

I'm going to kill every elf in the Table lands so help me god.
Right after Muk...

Ohi uh right human tribes.

Staff, why must you taunt me so.
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

I haven't had a necker who actively shot roundears since the liberation of Tuluk... Stupid PKer note on the account. I'm perhaps due to string up a fresh bow.

There's been times in the past where Arabet/Al 'Seik provided a kind of middleman/entry role for humans into the tablelands when they got along with the local sharps.

It takes work to give a pc a reason to visit an area full of nothing but elfies.

Anonymous:  I mean... the concept of making one class completely dominating, and able to crush any other class after 5 days of power-playing, seems ridiculous to me.

November 13, 2015, 01:40:44 PM #6 Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 01:43:00 PM by Delirium
Quote from: Hot_Dancer on November 13, 2015, 12:26:28 PMIt takes work to give a pc a reason to visit an area full of nothing but elfies.

Not really... tablelands has plenty of smaller human tribes and the Blackwing Outpost is a trade hub.

I get a little miffed whenever people act so surprised that a human is in Blackwing, despite there being atmospheric auto-fire echos of human tribals at the bar.

It is a weird situation of it being the one place in the world where elves are top dogs, instead of humans, so I get that it takes some finesse to roleplay correctly.

Kinda like, Blackwing Outpost is a biker bar but all the humans are scooting around on mopeds.

November 13, 2015, 02:49:35 PM #7 Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 02:53:49 PM by Desertman
I actually have a very high interest in playing another desert elf since I haven't played one in many many RL years.

I was telling my wife a while back that I was looking forward to playing another one so right now I'm kind of just waiting until the call for that is announced.

Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

Quote from: Delirium on November 13, 2015, 01:40:44 PM
Quote from: Hot_Dancer on November 13, 2015, 12:26:28 PMIt takes work to give a pc a reason to visit an area full of nothing but elfies.

Not really... tablelands has plenty of smaller human tribes and the Blackwing Outpost is a trade hub.

I get a little miffed whenever people act so surprised that a human is in Blackwing, despite there being atmospheric auto-fire echos of human tribals at the bar.

It is a weird situation of it being the one place in the world where elves are top dogs, instead of humans, so I get that it takes some finesse to roleplay correctly.

Kinda like, Blackwing Outpost is a biker bar but all the humans are scooting around on mopeds.

Maybe there should be a couple of human vendors in Blackwing to indicate its trade hub nature. They could sell crappy, poor gear and be stuffed into the worst little shacks and shadowy corners as an illustration of their lack of status.  Maybe this exists already though! I have not actively visited the Blackwing Outpost since...2010, possibly.

edit: OH and Rath's announcement is super keen (sorry for the derail). I'm very excited to see what comes of it. :3
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

To specify: It takes work to get PC's to visit an area whose PC population is often all elves. I've always loved seeing non-elves in the Blackwing outpost.

I certainly don't dispute that human tribals are (very scarcely) represented in vnpc/npc format in the area (but more heavily in background documentation).

If local human tribal PC's (and other demihumans) made use of the Tablelands and the Blackwing Outpost I could see more diverse peoples being lured in.

Especially if you don't want to deal with Kurac in Luirs.

We can rename it Redstorm North.

You're all going to get annexed by the empire of the glorious dragon  8)

Say no to false dragon highlords and accept The Dragon as your lord and savior.

Sun Runner portion is up.

Pretty neat stuff. I really like that staff is taking the time to write short stories and snippets, I think it generates excitement.

It also makes me miss the old "coming soon" thread or whatever that had all that extremely, extremely old lore story stuff. Tekkie junior talking to daddy's skull and all that.

As of February 2017, I no longer play Armageddon.

Quote from: Taven on November 14, 2015, 02:58:45 AM
Sun Runner portion is up.

Pretty neat stuff. I really like that staff is taking the time to write short stories and snippets, I think it generates excitement.

It also makes me miss the old "coming soon" thread or whatever that had all that extremely, extremely old lore story stuff. Tekkie junior talking to daddy's skull and all that.

Yeah, I like it when the top-level lore stuff is revealed, especially since those characters who learn it generally need to take their secrets to the grave.

Come to think, I feel it would be interesting if more 'big secrets' hit the street in the world in ways that shook up the social order.

Also:  I would roll a sun runner if I wasn't attached to my current character.

The response to these calls has been overwhelming. It's great to see people jumping in and slathering themselves in the awesome docs we've got for these rich, tribal cultures. We're assembling a top-notch cast of PCs! For those who are less inclined to clan life though - I might just have something under my hat for you all. ;)