Closing Down the north / Morins

Started by theebie, October 30, 2015, 09:40:02 AM

How do you regard Morins up in the north ?

It's Tuluk, moved into the Grey, complete with House estates, tavern, weaponsmith and more
6 (10.2%)
Just as in the past, it's a small, unimportant village in the woods
42 (71.2%)
Morins ? What is Morins ?
11 (18.6%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Quote from: Riev on November 02, 2015, 09:36:13 AM
Quote from: Dresan on November 02, 2015, 01:38:53 AM
I'd love to see something similar in allanak or better yet redstorm for wood.

I mean, ideally, each major and minor encampment (Allanak, Cenyr, Luirs, Redstorm, Morins, maybe even the Mul Outpost) should be engaged in some sort of legitimate trade, but thats kind of a different thread idea.

So far as Morin's, I think its got just about everything one would need. If you need apartments and storage space, I'd have to wonder why you're living out of a logging village.

Every PC needs a place to "put things" even if just temporarily due to the restrictions of the coded world. Even if it's just a crappy tent or a repurposed watchtower with tiny closets for rooms, at least then they can store up stuff for trading with other PCs, be merchants, be hunters who may not have been able to immediately sell that third gortok hide.

It wouldn't make Morin's any more high maintenance than, say, Red Storm. Less even, since no clans are based out of it except for a Kadian warehouse.

All those refugees have to have somewhere to go, and you'd think Kadius - or someone at least - would have capitalized on and monetized that by now.

Quote from: Delirium on November 02, 2015, 12:17:44 PM

I mean, ideally, each major and minor encampment (Allanak, Cenyr, Luirs, Redstorm, Morins, maybe even the Mul Outpost) should be engaged in some sort of legitimate trade, but thats kind of a different thread idea.

So far as Morin's, I think its got just about everything one would need. If you need apartments and storage space, I'd have to wonder why you're living out of a logging village.

Every PC needs a place to "put things" even if just temporarily due to the restrictions of the coded world. Even if it's just a crappy tent or a repurposed watchtower with tiny closets for rooms, at least then they can store up stuff for trading with other PCs, be merchants, be hunters who may not have been able to immediately sell that third gortok hide.

It wouldn't make Morin's any more high maintenance than, say, Red Storm. Less even, since no clans are based out of it except for a Kadian warehouse.

All those refugees have to have somewhere to go, and you'd think Kadius - or someone at least - would have capitalized on and monetized that by now.

Somekind of shop that always buys item would help remove the need for storage space. It could have some kind of diminishing return with use that regenerated over a time of disuse.
"It's too hot in the hottub!"

-James Brown

https://youtu.be/ZCOSPtyZAPA

That doesn't help you when you're trying to do PC-PC commerce, though. Such as logs, branches, kryl shells, etc.

I can't tell you how many times I've logged out in the wilderness with my mount rather than gone into a tavern because I simply couldn't carry the weight of the stuff I couldn't sell.

So if we're trying to foster interaction, we need storage space AND a more fluid economy. Everything's linked after all.

Quote from: Delirium on November 02, 2015, 01:02:27 PM
That doesn't help you when you're trying to do PC-PC commerce, though. Such as logs, branches, kryl shells, etc.

I can't tell you how many times I've logged out in the wilderness with my mount rather than gone into a tavern because I simply couldn't carry the weight of the stuff I couldn't sell.

So if we're trying to foster interaction, we need storage space AND a more fluid economy. Everything's linked after all.

I suppose I wouldn't mind if there was some enterprising merchant with enough coin to build out some storage boxes of some kind. The trick is, who has enough coin to do that, and post guards/etc to keep it "safe"?
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Quote from: Riev on November 02, 2015, 02:04:17 PM
Quote from: Delirium on November 02, 2015, 01:02:27 PM

I suppose I wouldn't mind if there was some enterprising merchant with enough coin to build out some storage boxes of some kind. The trick is, who has enough coin to do that, and post guards/etc to keep it "safe"?

Oh, oh, I know....

N E N Y U K

just give luir's apartments, already....

November 02, 2015, 07:00:18 PM #31 Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 07:04:38 PM by Dresan

If you need apartments and storage space, I'd have to wonder why you're living out of a logging village.

Everyone eventually wants a home, even if its a tent or a single room.

However...what if instead of apartments, there is one or two private rentable rooms(I know luirs kinda has this)...for more private comfortable meetings. But there would also be warehouse full of lockers of different sizes(costs). It would work just like an apartment: you walk in, if you are renting a locker you'd be given the key. Then you could go in deposit the bag of rocks you'll be selling to that merchant later. And when you step out, you'd hand the key back to the guard.

(lol i didn't realize there was already a second page on this thread, but it seems others had the idea before me. Its a great idea though. I hope it comes true someday)

I think the north would be really hard for an indy merchant type.  No where to store goods, no where to sit and craft.

GMH have the possibility to gather materials and store them, and then take them south. Others do not.  This should be changed.

One of the pluses of Arm is a very large world. Currently much of that world is hard to play in.

And the whole idea of resource trade and scarcity (i.e. wood in the south or obsidian in the north) is already a thing, and in some GMH items get marked up with this in mind.

However I think it is really not played up like it should be. I think we should have real resource wars, and tariffs and what not.
At your table, the XXXXXXXX templar says in sirihish, echoing:
     "Everyone is SAFE in His Walls."

Just wanted to say some of the folks in this thread might be interested to hear that once I'm done with my current large projects, I'm going to maybe look into a project for things like importing/exporting resources from various parts of the world for profit.

Quote from: Mordiggian on November 02, 2015, 11:51:29 PM
Just wanted to say some of the folks in this thread might be interested to hear that once I'm done with my current large projects, I'm going to maybe look into a project for things like importing/exporting resources from various parts of the world for profit.
Sweet!

Bruh, don't let my request go to waste

watchin u
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

Oh!  I want to help!  PLZ PLZ PLZ???

I would be happy to provide some kind of assistance in lore or descs or whatever for an additional small village

To clarify, this probably is not something I'll look at next week or next month.

I'm working on pushing through two big releases before the new year with any luck.

They will be great. Everyone will love them. These are not the droids you are looking for.

Quote from: Mordiggian on November 04, 2015, 02:10:13 PM
To clarify, this probably is not something I'll look at next week or next month.

I'm working on pushing through two big releases before the new year with any luck.

They will be great. Everyone will love them. These are not the droids you are looking for.
So erm...no hints as to these new releases eh?

I'd be excited just for banking and money-making changes. We all know the economy can be whacked out at times, but what if you could actually make real coin, doing trades? Or what if the North actually solely offered items you can't -get- in the south?

All we would need after that is something to do with large amounts of money.

I would love to see more automated system of getting away with shit.

You want to smoke spice in the city...10k token would take care of that.
What about walking around wielding weapons, a 20k token will ensure no soldiers or templar bother you as he merrily swing your weapons around.
Gemmer want to walk feeling a little less vulnerable...well 30k token and a templar will nod in approval.

What about having templars murder commoner without having to convince them or have them ask question. 40k will ensure you get templar service with a smile.

Okay maybe the murder thing is too much to do without some convincing but still could see templar insurance system. 40k will ensure your murder is fully investigated and someone (even if its someone innocent) will be brought to justice. I am eagar to see the spice changes but man I want to see more money sinks in the game. Being rich shouldn't make you as influential as a noble but it should still buy you some awesome perks. I don't feel being filthy rich goes far enough in terms of benefits.

I want to see this trade system mentioned in the thread but I also want to see there being more of a point to becoming filthy rich, whether through trade, adventure or crime.

I don't think I'd like formalized blood-money prices for exemptions to the law, as there ought to be the chance for bribery to backfire, or otherwise it doesn't have quite the same thrill.

On the other hand, I'm all for more money sinks.  If the number of save/quit rooms are as at a high a premium in this engine as has recently been implied elsewhere, however, it explains why staff are so reluctant to implement the money sinks that show up on most other muds (like readily attainable personal property).

There are always money sinks, and if you can't possibly spend your money fast enough, you're making enough to start greasing high society.

You can spend coin on:
Clothes and Armors for different occasions.
A couple "spare" mounts.
Put the Byn on "retainer" for when you need to go outside.
Hire a PC "personal guard" to follow you around.
Spice.
Throw copious coins at AoD and Templars. Grease those NPCs too, they're great coin sinks.
Pay Salarr to develop a new weapon/Mastercraft.
Better yet, pay them to receive copies of OTHER people's mastercrafts. Become a Collector.
Pay people who work for you more than enough coin to afford apartments and essentials.

I mean, if you have coin after all that, and you just keep making it hand over fist, maybe think about what you're doing and if its reasonable. If it is, its probably time to start investing in Templars and Nobility and furthering their goals and yours.

Quote from: Riev on November 05, 2015, 07:06:11 AM
There are always money sinks, and if you can't possibly spend your money fast enough, you're making enough to start greasing high society.

You can spend coin on:
Clothes and Armors for different occasions.
A couple "spare" mounts.
Put the Byn on "retainer" for when you need to go outside.
Hire a PC "personal guard" to follow you around.
Spice.
Throw copious coins at AoD and Templars. Grease those NPCs too, they're great coin sinks.
Pay Salarr to develop a new weapon/Mastercraft.
Better yet, pay them to receive copies of OTHER people's mastercrafts. Become a Collector.
Pay people who work for you more than enough coin to afford apartments and essentials.

I mean, if you have coin after all that, and you just keep making it hand over fist, maybe think about what you're doing and if its reasonable. If it is, its probably time to start investing in Templars and Nobility and furthering their goals and yours.

Or, it's time to form your own fucking house and get a warehouse and start paying your taxes you lazy, dirty, no-good commoner!