Ideas for Player Interactions

Started by roobee, August 20, 2015, 01:32:55 AM

Shame!  --  So freaken <3 you guys!  LOL
Ourla:  You're like the oil paint on the canvas of evil.

An assassin / weaponsmith that sits beside their victim crafting the weapon they're about to use to kill 'em.
Quote from: BadSkeelz
Ah well you should just kill those PCs. They're not worth the time of plotting creatively against.

A retired Byn sergeant that tells outlandish stories about old contracts and "the good old days."

Corpse handler. Haul the rotting carcasses from Meleth's out into the desert after they get putrid. Take contracts from friends and of deceased people to hurry along their disposal and ensure they get a decent send-off.

Defile corpses.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Quote from: Alesan on August 30, 2015, 04:46:36 PM
A retired Byn sergeant

In my experience, there is no such thing. Please refer to WP's post above for more info. :)

Picnics. Foreign language/skill lessons. Hanging out somewhere looking shady together (harder to do with non-elves.)

time for another request. interactions that can be done with anyone or nearly anyone (so maybe not nobles and templar).

Mistaking someone else as the person that stole/killed your mate.

Mistaking someone else as a long lost friend who you thought was dead.  Bonus points if they roll with it even though it's totally not true.

Trying to return something to a cloaked/hooded/facewrapped person that you "just saw an elf pick-pocket" from them, bonus points again for ganging up with this PC to go after this imaginary thief.

Ah well you should just kill those PCs. They're not worth the time of plotting creatively against.

Quote from: whitt on January 26, 2016, 03:51:14 PM
Mistaking someone else as a long lost friend who you thought was dead.  Bonus points if they roll with it even though it's totally not true.

One of my characters mistook someone for their cousin once, and it was awesome. I endorse this.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

Quote from: valeria on January 26, 2016, 03:54:58 PM

One of my characters mistook someone for their cousin once, and it was awesome. I endorse this.

:)

Quote from: Desertman on August 20, 2015, 05:10:34 PM
Pick a standard low-status profession and actually survive via that profession without the goal of becoming wealthy.

A miner that only goes to mine when he knows he won't have money for food  in a couple of days if he doesn't.

A salt grebber who is down to his last skin of water so he finally has to go do some work.

The rest of your time you just hang out, smoke spice/drink, play card games/dice, try to get laid, eat, and just try to have a good time.

Basically, play a commoner that is extremely common. They aren't super motivated. They just want to live, work as little as possible, stay fed, watered, boozed, spiced, laid, laughed, and die.

HIGHLY endorse this.  I had one last almost a RL year.  He did wind up getting involved in minor stuff going on, but the mix of calm, casual RP and the going out to do whatever he wanted, whenever he wanted was both engaging and relaxing.

Mistaking someone else as the person that stole/killed your mate.

A spin on this. Be mentally damaged so you mistake everyone for someone you know or something.

Or play Ten Second Tom....

Hi, I'm Tom.
Quote from: BleakOne
Dammit Kol you made me laugh too.
A staff member sends:
     "Hi! Please don't kill the sparring dummy."

I've played someone with short term memory loss before. It was neat. Soldiers were a little suspicious of me.

Ideas for competing with others? Preferably something I can do either without needing to wait for the other person to be online at the same time, or something I can do with most people I find so that waiting won't be a problem.

Sure but you may end up the target of violence. Find someone who has the same profession and undercut them. Make passive agressive comments that sound like compliments about the quality of their work. "She certainly spends a lot of time on those trinkets she makes. " Become friends with their friends as your character obsessively attempts to become your mark. Nobody but your mark knows something is off unless psi. Strive to be more reliable then the mark and hire competant shady types to undermine his/her private life and deflect assassins (pay on time pay above asking price). Then as your mark is in the pit of despair you have dug either: (a.) dissapear to find a more worthy rival to usurp (b.) Make a dress out of their skin and walk around in it in front of a mirror (c.) both.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on August 20, 2015, 01:42:41 AM
Overly devoted fan of another, somewhat powerful character. Like an innocent stalker looking for a father/mother figure.

Only allowed with elf characters, and you have to have pointy, flame-yellow hair.  You also need to be extremely chipper.

Quote from: roobee on May 11, 2016, 01:10:20 AM
Ideas for competing with others? Preferably something I can do either without needing to wait for the other person to be online at the same time, or something I can do with most people I find so that waiting won't be a problem.

Spread a rumor about them having been seen hanging out with gickers.  Or having an elf/breed lover.
At your table, the XXXXXXXX templar says in sirihish, echoing:
     "Everyone is SAFE in His Walls."

Competing how?  For affections?  For bragging rights?  For champion of the Arena?  Are you looking at skill v skill competitions?  Or just ways to make something competitive.

Just man up and shank them to death using a chisel like they secretly want you to

Quote from: whitt on May 12, 2016, 03:11:12 PM

Competing how?  For affections?  For bragging rights?  For champion of the Arena?  Are you looking at skill v skill competitions?  Or just ways to make something competitive.

Just something competitive. I'm trying to find something fun to do, and I figure competition usually makes things fun.

Also, any ideas for interactions that reward or require strategy? Because being rewarded for superior intelligence or plans also usually makes things more fun. I know politics is one, but that might be hard to get involved in if you are not a leader.

Merchantry without coded skills is something that is rewarded with strategy.
Buying X and selling it for X to a friend that needs it and making X profit.
Other than that, it's hard.

Another player interaction idea, but not competitive or requiring smarts, is playing a character that thinks he is an animal.

Be a really pushy trader like they have in some parts of the world. Push your wares too hard on the wrong people. And make it something stupid and (relatively) useless (to our mostly fighting-type players) to boot, like clay pots or sandcloth bracelets.

A non-dwarf who is obsessed with something is kind of adorable--- and even better in my opinion because you can actually take a break from the obsession once in a while.

An obsession that just blankets most or all aspects of the person's life. A desire for dinnerware. A love of small clay pots. Something like that.