Feck the Police - is Crimcode worth it?

Started by BadSkeelz, August 10, 2015, 03:27:20 PM

What change, if any, would you like to see to the Crimcode?

Remove it
11 (11%)
Reduce its prevalence
69 (69%)
Keep it as it is
15 (15%)
Other
5 (5%)

Total Members Voted: 99

Yeah, fewer soldiers (definitely fewer HGs), more patrols, and a force disengage on both parties when the offender has nosave arrest turned on.
Quote from: Nyr
Dead elves can ride wheeled ladders just fine.
Quote from: bcw81
"You can never have your mountainhome because you can't grow a beard."
~Tektolnes to Thrain Ironsword

Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on January 18, 2016, 10:41:00 PM
I don't think dialing down the crimcode would improve interaction between criminal / target. Spam backstab would still be the most effective route to take. But it would make people consider their safety during their roleplay.

I think you're wrong there. Opportunities for non-backstab, non-steal crime opens way up if there are more dangerous rooms in the city, and marks no longer have the OOC assurance that violence against them is impossible because that would be suicide for the criminal.

I think he means after a guard codedly disengages combatants and asks you to come to jail.
in my perfect world:

The elfy elf glares at the tall, muscular man and then at the guard. In an act of defiance, the elfy elf thrusts his blade into the tall muscular man's throat before escaping!

- of course even afterwards the guards would be after you and you would be wanted.
- but it is a negative... being backstabbed as such. Well, I still like the idea. Just use the watch skill more often, dammit. It really works most of the time.

---
definitely this would add more "Gimme all your jewels or else, punk!" Nearly every violent PC I've run into in the rinth has done this to me. I just expect great things from people whenever I give them a chance.
... You know what? Eff everything I said. I give people chances to roleplay with me all the time and they just kill the hell out of me without so much as a single emote. I give you players too much damn credit sometimes...
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

The only major change that I would like to see is the moving of the jail closer to the criminals.
Quote from: boog
I'm still trying to figure out how all that led to Symphony, naked, squatting in a towel on a busy highway to talk to a therapist

Quote from: ghostymudy on January 25, 2016, 02:07:06 AM
The only major change that I would like to see is the moving of the jail closer to the criminals.

Then amazing RPers like me couldn't <redacted> from the guards and then run around <redacted> Quarter and steal <redacted>'s shield and then get more <redacted> spawned on her to lead on a chase through the <redacted> that eventually led to <redacted>'s death.

So!
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

Why can't the soldiers just have mercy on?   Beat someone within an inch of thier lives, combat stops because of mercy and then they get subdued/jailed because they're no longer in combat. 
"You're a piece of shit player and always have been to be honest. take comfort in knowledge that everyone knows you're trash" - fan of not_really_mean

Quote from: not_really_mean on February 01, 2016, 07:40:15 AM
Why can't the soldiers just have mercy on?   Beat someone within an inch of thier lives, combat stops because of mercy and then they get subdued/jailed because they're no longer in combat. 

Because some people deserve to die on the spot, and the Highlord prefers to err on the side of brutality.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

But really, they should have clubs and mercy on.

As an AoD Sergeant I eventually decided to just start ordering my privates to kill anyone who ran from us or vaguely resisted arrest.

Maybe the NPC officers reached similar conclusions.

It is too bad that changing the armaments of the soldier NPCs is so tedious a process. Apparently each individual NPC would need to be edited.