Mudsex Hate Cycle Thread

Started by Is Friday, July 19, 2015, 10:12:07 PM

family is product of mudsex, so really, the thread's still on topic
Whatever happens, happens.

In Arkansas, mudsex is the product of family...or something....Arkansas = Incest is where I'm trying to go with this.
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

I, for one, love ruining sexual tension by intentionally contacting people doing the nasty and sending them 5-10 Way messages in quick succession.

I love making shadow boners with Drovians. That really dampens the mood.
Respect. Responsibility. Compassion.

I was always hoping people would interact more with my previous virtual family. Folks were sort've lily-livered about it. They'd kinda acknowledge, but they wouldn't seize the day and start incorporating them. I guess that was expecting sort've a lot. I'd have been psyched if other players had emoted them getting into a fight or drinking all the booze or playing with my pc's lyre. Like Delirium, I always sort've wondered if I'd come back to find them murdered. No luck.
Quote from: Riev on June 12, 2019, 02:20:04 PM
Do you kill your sparring partners once they are useless to you, so that you are king?

I never feel comfortable emoting with other people's VNPCs. I don't know their personalities or backgrounds. I don't want to get it all wrong. I've been basically given permission and even ICly hinted at to do so before, but it still felt wrong, like power-emoting.

I agree that they shouldn't be considered untouchable, though. ICly speaking, they are people just like a PC family would be, and if it's IC for somebody to threaten or harm someone's family, that should extend to VNPC families. It just has to be handled with care because you don't know who has in their background that their mother is a ninja or their father is a sorceror.

Quote from: Beethoven on October 07, 2015, 09:30:45 AM
I never feel comfortable emoting with other people's VNPCs. I don't know their personalities or backgrounds. I don't want to get it all wrong. I've been basically given permission and even ICly hinted at to do so before, but it still felt wrong, like power-emoting.

I agree that they shouldn't be considered untouchable, though. ICly speaking, they are people just like a PC family would be, and if it's IC for somebody to threaten or harm someone's family, that should extend to VNPC families. It just has to be handled with care because you don't know who has in their background that their mother is a ninja or their father is a sorceror.

This is pretty much how I feel.

Especially with babies. Just looking at this thread you can see babies are a super sensitive subject to be messing with. I don't want to traumatise anyone just because my PC has a top secret baby-tossing fetish. I'm hesitant enough to ever even harm other peoples' PCs.

Personalities, quirks, vices and virtues are unknown. But unless you're doing a family rolecall, everyone bleeds.

RP this accordingly.

The Room jokes aside, I dislike mudsex. Not for any moral reasons or whatnot.  Time commitment is part of it, as well as the dreaded long pauses between emotes, and other things that've already been mentioned.  Really, the thing I dislike most about it is the medium.

As far as writing goes, having to see the characters involved references by their sdescs every 1-3 sentences is very clunky, and it's so easy to hit the limit on how long a single emote can be.  Individual actions get a lot of focus, and then you need to wait for the reactions, which make many possible actions very tentative since one doesn't know if X, Y, or Z will progress well, so trying to explore those aspects of a characters' relationships becomes more of a chore than anything. You can't wait for it to be over so you can go do something more interesting, but at least hope that the other party (or parties) is enjoying themselves.

I mean, gosh. If I wanted to indirectly experience clumsy, awkward boning, I'd just watch...

Yup, it happened. It circled back to the Room.

If Staff are going to drag me into clunky magickal cutscenes when I could be righteously dying in PVP combat-emote spamfest, then Staff are going to have to watch 3 hours of clunky IKEA-erotica sex scenes. This is the deal.

Quote from: Taijan on October 07, 2015, 07:48:50 PM
The Room jokes aside, I dislike mudsex. Not for any moral reasons or whatnot.  Time commitment is part of it, as well as the dreaded long pauses between emotes, and other things that've already been mentioned.  Really, the thing I dislike most about it is the medium.

As far as writing goes, having to see the characters involved references by their sdescs every 1-3 sentences is very clunky, and it's so easy to hit the limit on how long a single emote can be.  Individual actions get a lot of focus, and then you need to wait for the reactions, which make many possible actions very tentative since one doesn't know if X, Y, or Z will progress well, so trying to explore those aspects of a characters' relationships becomes more of a chore than anything. You can't wait for it to be over so you can go do something more interesting, but at least hope that the other party (or parties) is enjoying themselves.

I mean, gosh. If I wanted to indirectly experience clumsy, awkward boning, I'd just watch...

Yup, it happened. It circled back to the Room.

Exactly. It isn't because of "puritanical snobbiness" as people like to say, it's because of all of the above.

It's also taking one element of the story and focusing way too much on it for way too long - there's a reason most (non-romance) novels FTB the sex or gloss over it in a few paragraphs. If one must have non-virtual romance in their character's life, then I prefer to focus on the story between the characters, rather than on the nitty-gritty details of their sexual life.

And yes...

Too often, it feels like a lonely nerd is just trying to get online-laid. Sorry, but it does. And you don't have to be a puritanical snob for that to weird you out.

Quote from: Delirium on October 08, 2015, 09:26:46 AM
And yes...

Too often, it feels like a lonely nerd is just trying to get online-laid. Sorry, but it does. And you don't have to be a puritanical snob for that to weird you out.

Preach, sister!
Quote from: Riev on June 12, 2019, 02:20:04 PM
Do you kill your sparring partners once they are useless to you, so that you are king?

Quote from: path on October 08, 2015, 09:30:05 AM
And yes...

Preach, sister!

Triple that creepy weird-out feeling, when you know that most of the playerbase is young enough to be your own child (or grandchild).
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Dude, if it wasn't for lonely nerds just trying to get online-something'd, the mud would be pretty dead.

Don't diss your customer base!
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

I have zero problems with someone wanting to fade, or summarize. Sometimes, I insist on it, depending on circumstances. It's just an IC thing.

Ideas like "creepy nerds" are an OOC anachronism if taken out IC. Now, "creepy magicker" might work, or "needy breed", as a method for bringing justification for judgement of a character whose player doesn't fade often, well, maybe not really, but considering whether to fade or not is an OOC consideration, and shouldn't matter IC. What kind of weirdo gets a request for a fade, though, and either cuts off the plotline or murders the other character over it? I've heard of those things happening on the GDB.
Quote from: Nyr
Dead elves can ride wheeled ladders just fine.
Quote from: bcw81
"You can never have your mountainhome because you can't grow a beard."
~Tektolnes to Thrain Ironsword

Quote from: Fujikoma on October 08, 2015, 04:32:49 PM
I've heard of those things happening on the GDB.

Therefore, must be true and often.   ;)
Quote from: BadSkeelz
Ah well you should just kill those PCs. They're not worth the time of plotting creatively against.

Quote from: Fujikoma on October 08, 2015, 04:32:49 PM
I have zero problems with someone wanting to fade, or summarize. Sometimes, I insist on it, depending on circumstances. It's just an IC thing.

Ideas like "creepy nerds" are an OOC anachronism if taken out IC. Now, "creepy magicker" might work, or "needy breed", as a method for bringing justification for judgement of a character whose player doesn't fade often, well, maybe not really, but considering whether to fade or not is an OOC consideration, and shouldn't matter IC. What kind of weirdo gets a request for a fade, though, and either cuts off the plotline or murders the other character over it? I've heard of those things happening on the GDB.

I didn't understand anything you've just said.. Does that mean that you like to fap it up with bored Armageddon housewives y/n plz

I see this thread is progressing along nicely.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

When I was 13 years old I had a relationship with a female character with a Bynner of mine.

I forget how it went down but at some point they OOC'ed their email address to me to coordinate playtimes, it was something like, "Henry@gmail.com".

Henry.....Henry.......

???

Henry....

???  ???  ???  ???

......Henry

:-[

This was my introduction to the very concept that guys pretended to be girls on the internet. Up until this moment in my very young life I did not even know that was a thing.

I think my character was hugging their character at the time and they never did the mudsexinz (very graphic I know)...but I did cut off the relationship IC'ly because OOC'ly it just gave me the straight up willies.

So yeah, I've done that.

Quote from: Desertman on October 08, 2015, 05:24:32 PM
When I was 13 years old I had a relationship with a female character with a Bynner of mine.

When you were 13 years old, 3/4 of the female PCs on Armageddon were played by Turkish men.

Not even kidding.

Quote from: Malken on October 08, 2015, 05:39:27 PM
Quote from: Desertman on October 08, 2015, 05:24:32 PM

When you were 13 years old, 3/4 of the female PCs on Armageddon were played by Turkish men.

Not even kidding.

allmysadness.jpg

I mudseched Fuji that one time. I was the chick.

It was fun and moved the story along and I never felt wierded out or sensed I needed 1 handed typing. That being said I have only done it 3 or 4 times ever. FTB is more my BG style bag, however.

And I have seen some pcs that seem to live for it.

Kind of off-topic, but does it really matter in a thread like this?

When I play females, I tend to misgender emotes every once in a while at first, because I'm not in the habit of using ^me and such, and I tend to play a lot more males than females. I bet those who see it I'm gender-bending because of that, but I'm actually female. I just occasionally type 'his' or 'him' out of sheer habit.

Honestly, though, I don't even see it as 'gender-bending.' Male authors aren't 'gender-bending' when they write a book with a female main character, or vice versa.

October 08, 2015, 08:22:23 PM #349 Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 08:33:36 PM by Fujikoma
Quote from: Inks on October 08, 2015, 08:07:25 PM
I mudseched Fuji that one time. I was the chick.

It was fun and moved the story along and I never felt wierded out or sensed I needed 1 handed typing. That being said I have only done it 3 or 4 times ever. FTB is more my BG style bag, however.

And I have seen some pcs that seem to live for it.

Heh, yeah, that was an interesting story element. Somehow I knew there was a dude on the other end. I didn't care. I was too busy practicing my one-handed typing (because obviously that's the only reason not to fade), you wouldn't know how hard it is to type flowery emotes with words like "love Tregil" and "gith chasm", with proper targeting and capitalization, with one hand. :P

And what Beethoven said, sometimes I occasionally misgender emotes while playing males, and I'm like, urk, um, how'd that happen?

EDIT: I wonder how many dudes knew there was a guy on the other end of my female characters.
Quote from: Nyr
Dead elves can ride wheeled ladders just fine.
Quote from: bcw81
"You can never have your mountainhome because you can't grow a beard."
~Tektolnes to Thrain Ironsword