Author Topic: Gofundme Campaign for Nathvaan - Diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia  (Read 5844 times)

Synthesis

Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: Smuz
I come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: Vanth
Synthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Nathvaan

• Administrator

Well played sir, well played!

After getting over the shock of learning I had familial adenomatous polyposis (FAP) genetic disorder, I got a good laugh over the acronym as well. =)

mansa

holy fuck :(

New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Nathvaan

• Administrator
holy fuck :(

Yeah that about sums it up alright.  No worries though, this isn't my first rodeo.  I beat one type of cancer, the treatment game me another type and I'll beat this one too. 

It's a long, hard road to being in remission once more, but I'll get there!

Iiyola

This... this is amazing:

The Ivory Hair-Needle Cartel
11 hours ago
"Dangerously fashionable"
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

Delirium

• Helper
The response from this community has been heart-warming. I'm so glad you're fully funded so quickly - you deserve it.

I'm sure there are never-ending medical expenses, though, so I donated anyway. :)
"There are no happy endings, because nothing ends." - Schmendrick

James de Monet

Cancer is dumb and I hate it.  Don't know if it's your thing, but we'll be praying for you, man.

When you look at beds, you might consider a model with massage features, so your extremities won't go numb.  And if you're looking at memory foam, make sure you lie in it for at least 10 minutes in the store! They change feeling over time.

Code: [Select]
>subdue cancer
>ooc Consent for graphic violence?
You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.

Aruven

Cancer is dumb and I hate.
Code: [Select]
>subdue cancer
>ooc Consent for graphic violence?

Uh, if its not too late i'll get in on this. Good luck... I have more things to say but im driving atm

ShaLeah

When you look at beds, you might consider a model with massage features, so your extremities won't go numb.  And if you're looking at memory foam, make sure you lie in it for at least 10 minutes in the store! They change feeling over time.

Memory foam also tends to be a lot more rigid when you get it. The one in the showroom has been laid on by hunnerds of people, maybe thousands. We were forewarned about it but I didn't realize just how long it would take to break in. It also gets hot so take that into consideration. I love me some memory foam. I didn't even know they had that in the sleep number beds!

My thoughts and prayers are with you. As are your sunglasses.
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Armaddict

Yeah, I was gonna say...nice that you're promising to use the over-funding for bedding and bed related stuff, but...

Things get pricy.  Less about the bed, more about the feel better.  I think you should use it for whatever comes up, not limit it to THE MOST PRIMO BEDSHEETS OF ALL TIME.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Malken

Man, if you can code the way you code for a mess (code-wise) like Armageddon, beating cancer should be a piece of cake for you :)

I'm not the praying type but I'll send good thoughts your way.
“When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse’s feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back.”

Lizzie

I'm unfortunately not in a position to donate but I've been sending the "good vibes" your way. How are you feeling? Did your bed arrive yet? Is it helping? Are the sheets cool and crisp? Make sure you have good pillows too - I can't say enough about how MUCH a good pillow will ease your back and neck and help you sleep.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Revenant

Damn, Naathvan, I just learned of this, don't have any money to help, or I would, but got hopes and good wishes in abundance, so I can share. Kick cancer's ass like a line of faulty code.

Yam

Good luck Keith. Don't even think of taking down the gofundme yet - stretch goals are a thing. Get a kick ass bed and some fun stuff.

It looks like ALL is the last, desperate attempt of your remaining treasonous cells to deremit you. Apoptose those bastards and get well soon.

Nathvaan

• Administrator
Thanks for all the well wishes and donations!  I just got home from another almost week long hospital stay for treatment (they are all inpatient kind of deals) and I am happy to report I am lounging in my new bed!

I'll be sure to keep everyone updated when I can.  Thanks again!
Nathvaan

BadSkeelz

Stay strong, Nathvaan.
janeshephard: You really think BadSkeelz understands the concept of Wine In Front of me? This guy shot me as a townie when he felt threatened. The man's a neandrathal.

Miradus: He's not some weird mental abomination. He's just a guy on the internet.

Lizzie

Thanks for all the well wishes and donations!  I just got home from another almost week long hospital stay for treatment (they are all inpatient kind of deals) and I am happy to report I am lounging in my new bed!

I'll be sure to keep everyone updated when I can.  Thanks again!
Nathvaan

Pics! We need to see you wearing your TMNT underoos, and Avengers sheet set.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Gunnerblaster

Hoping the best for you, Nathvaan.

Chop up that cancer with a motherfuckin' bonesword.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofa
Laura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Hot_Dancer

Keep swinging, batter.
Anonymous:  I don't get why magickers are so amazingly powerful in Arm.

Anonymous:  I mean... the concept of making one class completely dominating, and able to crush any other class after 5 days of power-playing, seems ridiculous to me.

Kismetic

Keith, sir, I sent you some monies, cause I like you, maaaan.  Get well!!
"Well, Gary, if that even is your real name ...  somebody stole my computer.  Now, if you're a criminal--  Look at me! ... You have to tell me, legally, or else it's considered entrapment."  -- Andy Dwyer