Author Topic: Gofundme Campaign for Nathvaan - Diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia  (Read 5849 times)

Adhira

• Producer
Hi All,

At the end of April our Producer, Nathvaan was diagnosed with acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Nathvaan not only is a valued member of our staffing team, but he is a valued member of our Armageddon community. He's been playing the game since 1997 and some of you will have met him at various APM's in Chicago, Raleigh and at the Atlanta DragonCon's.

Nathvaan is undergoing an aggressive chemotherapy regime and spending a lot of time in bed during his recovery. He is currently fundraising towards purchasing a new bed that will make that recovery easier. Armageddon Staff have already donated to the cause but I thought that players may wish the opportunity to donate also.

I have included here a link so that you can read Nathvaan's (Keith) story yourself, and donate should you wish to. Of if you would like to wish him well, please feel free to do so here also.

http://www.gofundme.com/newbedforkeith

"It doesn't matter what country someone's from, or what they look like, or the color of their skin. It doesn't matter what they smell like, or that they spell words slightly differently, some would say more correctly." - Jemaine Clement. FOTC.

bcw81

• Helper
Best of luck Nathvaan.

A female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

RogueGunslinger

I'm sorry to hear that, and I hope you see your way through this, Nathvaan. Sending positive vibes your way.

Mordiggian

• Legend
FUND IT PEOPLE

Barzalene

As soon as I get home.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Nathvaan

• Administrator
It's going to be a long road, one that will and has caused me to not be able to do as much as I would like to for the game.  But when I am able to focus again on the game and not beating this second round of cancer (first one was colon cancer) I am -sure- I'll be knocking out some kick ass code in short order.

First things first though!

Thanks again!

LauraMars

• Helper
punch cancer
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

valeria

• I have a writing page.
A Kuraci regular shouts, in sirihish:
     "Bad move, fool!"
A Kuraci regular slashes a filthy grey rat on its body.

Nathvaan

• Administrator

Ha!  Actually wearing a blue shirt with this on it right now,  I couldn't agree more!

valeria

• I have a writing page.
... it's almost like it's the shirt in the photograph on the site. ... I actually didn't realize that until this second, I promise I'm not stalking you.
A Kuraci regular shouts, in sirihish:
     "Bad move, fool!"
A Kuraci regular slashes a filthy grey rat on its body.

LauraMars

• Helper
the ivory hair needle cartel

they sound dangerously fashionable
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Case

• Helper
Woah it got mega funded!

Nathvaan

• Administrator
Woah it got mega funded!

I know, I am just.... well, stunned really.   I'll still need new bedding (downsizing to a queen) so if you all feel like funding some please do.  But, wow.

Ath

• Legend
Wooohooo!!!!  Who knows who did it, but damn...  Arm Community is freaken awesome!  Lets keep this up, Nath makes us shiny new things for Arm!  New things are good!
Ourla:  You're like the oil paint on the canvas of evil.

Desertman

Feel better my man. We all expect you to give us yellow kanks back once you are feeling better.  :P

(Also us bald guys have to stick together. I hope you are not one of us very soon!)
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
The young daughter has been filled.

Nathvaan

• Administrator
Feel better my man. We all expect you to give us yellow kanks back once you are feeling better.  :P

(Also us bald guys have to stick together. I hope you are not one of us very soon!)

Thanks!  The treatment still has at least 5 months left so I don't think I'll be leaving the bald club anytime soon but hopefully sometime toward the end of the year.

Also, thank you for the donation, it is very, very much appreciated!

Chettaman

• Helper
    • Facebook!
Much love.
Live like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

Adhira

• Producer
Armageddon people rock.
"It doesn't matter what country someone's from, or what they look like, or the color of their skin. It doesn't matter what they smell like, or that they spell words slightly differently, some would say more correctly." - Jemaine Clement. FOTC.

Xalle

• Legend
Very cool guys. Very cool. <3

Ender

Now I feel like a jerk!  He reached his goal before I could donate to it!  Get some reach goals dude!

Edit:  I donated anyway!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 06:17:51 PM by Ender »
man
/mæn/

-noun

1.   A biped, ungrateful.

boog

Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

Nathvaan

• Administrator
Now I feel like a jerk!  He reached his goal before I could donate to it!  Get some reach goals dude!

Well, I just found out that the model I was looking to get may go off sale like today or tomorrow so feel free to donate if you want.  I'll get the best comfy bed whatever is donated will cover.  It will all go towards the bed! =)

Ender

Now I feel like a jerk!  He reached his goal before I could donate to it!  Get some reach goals dude!

Well, I just found out that the model I was looking to get may go off sale like today or tomorrow so feel free to donate if you want.  I'll get the best comfy bed whatever is donated will cover.  It will all go towards the bed! =)

man
/mæn/

-noun

1.   A biped, ungrateful.

Barzalene

Rest up in the new bed and kick some cancer ass you.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Malifaxis

• Thoughts of the Sixth Age
Woah, didn't even know this was happening until it got funded.  Way to go, everyone!

Nathvaan, you have my utmost support.  I will greatly enjoy eating popcorn and drinking beer as I watch you kick cancer's ass like Stallone in one of those movies where he wears a headband.

You got this, buddy.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Stop being shitty to each other.

Synthesis

Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: Smuz
I come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: Vanth
Synthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Nathvaan

• Administrator

Well played sir, well played!

After getting over the shock of learning I had familial adenomatous polyposis (FAP) genetic disorder, I got a good laugh over the acronym as well. =)

mansa

holy fuck :(

New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Nathvaan

• Administrator
holy fuck :(

Yeah that about sums it up alright.  No worries though, this isn't my first rodeo.  I beat one type of cancer, the treatment game me another type and I'll beat this one too. 

It's a long, hard road to being in remission once more, but I'll get there!

Iiyola

This... this is amazing:

The Ivory Hair-Needle Cartel
11 hours ago
"Dangerously fashionable"
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

Delirium

• Helper
The response from this community has been heart-warming. I'm so glad you're fully funded so quickly - you deserve it.

I'm sure there are never-ending medical expenses, though, so I donated anyway. :)
"There are no happy endings, because nothing ends." - Schmendrick

James de Monet

Cancer is dumb and I hate it.  Don't know if it's your thing, but we'll be praying for you, man.

When you look at beds, you might consider a model with massage features, so your extremities won't go numb.  And if you're looking at memory foam, make sure you lie in it for at least 10 minutes in the store! They change feeling over time.

Code: [Select]
>subdue cancer
>ooc Consent for graphic violence?
You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.

Aruven

Cancer is dumb and I hate.
Code: [Select]
>subdue cancer
>ooc Consent for graphic violence?

Uh, if its not too late i'll get in on this. Good luck... I have more things to say but im driving atm

ShaLeah

When you look at beds, you might consider a model with massage features, so your extremities won't go numb.  And if you're looking at memory foam, make sure you lie in it for at least 10 minutes in the store! They change feeling over time.

Memory foam also tends to be a lot more rigid when you get it. The one in the showroom has been laid on by hunnerds of people, maybe thousands. We were forewarned about it but I didn't realize just how long it would take to break in. It also gets hot so take that into consideration. I love me some memory foam. I didn't even know they had that in the sleep number beds!

My thoughts and prayers are with you. As are your sunglasses.
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Armaddict

Yeah, I was gonna say...nice that you're promising to use the over-funding for bedding and bed related stuff, but...

Things get pricy.  Less about the bed, more about the feel better.  I think you should use it for whatever comes up, not limit it to THE MOST PRIMO BEDSHEETS OF ALL TIME.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Malken

Man, if you can code the way you code for a mess (code-wise) like Armageddon, beating cancer should be a piece of cake for you :)

I'm not the praying type but I'll send good thoughts your way.
“When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse’s feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back.”

Lizzie

I'm unfortunately not in a position to donate but I've been sending the "good vibes" your way. How are you feeling? Did your bed arrive yet? Is it helping? Are the sheets cool and crisp? Make sure you have good pillows too - I can't say enough about how MUCH a good pillow will ease your back and neck and help you sleep.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Revenant

Damn, Naathvan, I just learned of this, don't have any money to help, or I would, but got hopes and good wishes in abundance, so I can share. Kick cancer's ass like a line of faulty code.

Yam

Good luck Keith. Don't even think of taking down the gofundme yet - stretch goals are a thing. Get a kick ass bed and some fun stuff.

It looks like ALL is the last, desperate attempt of your remaining treasonous cells to deremit you. Apoptose those bastards and get well soon.

Nathvaan

• Administrator
Thanks for all the well wishes and donations!  I just got home from another almost week long hospital stay for treatment (they are all inpatient kind of deals) and I am happy to report I am lounging in my new bed!

I'll be sure to keep everyone updated when I can.  Thanks again!
Nathvaan

BadSkeelz

Stay strong, Nathvaan.
janeshephard: You really think BadSkeelz understands the concept of Wine In Front of me? This guy shot me as a townie when he felt threatened. The man's a neandrathal.

Miradus: He's not some weird mental abomination. He's just a guy on the internet.

Lizzie

Thanks for all the well wishes and donations!  I just got home from another almost week long hospital stay for treatment (they are all inpatient kind of deals) and I am happy to report I am lounging in my new bed!

I'll be sure to keep everyone updated when I can.  Thanks again!
Nathvaan

Pics! We need to see you wearing your TMNT underoos, and Avengers sheet set.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Gunnerblaster

Hoping the best for you, Nathvaan.

Chop up that cancer with a motherfuckin' bonesword.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofa
Laura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Hot_Dancer

Keep swinging, batter.
Anonymous:  I don't get why magickers are so amazingly powerful in Arm.

Anonymous:  I mean... the concept of making one class completely dominating, and able to crush any other class after 5 days of power-playing, seems ridiculous to me.

Kismetic

Keith, sir, I sent you some monies, cause I like you, maaaan.  Get well!!
"Well, Gary, if that even is your real name ...  somebody stole my computer.  Now, if you're a criminal--  Look at me! ... You have to tell me, legally, or else it's considered entrapment."  -- Andy Dwyer