Author Topic: longest living char  (Read 7687 times)

adrien

longest living char
« on: October 15, 2002, 07:48:08 PM »
what is the longest living char ever on the game that is not imm

i know one person that had a 40 day char but thats all

also i was wondering is there a requirment to be a soldier in allanak
ie karma or other.
dd my msn if you want, longvaladrien@hotmail.com

lukie

Weeelll...
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2002, 07:52:07 PM »
My current character is 11 months old in RL. I don't think that's the record, though.
I've been away from Zalanthas for some time, but I still think you all are kank shit. Don't worry, I'll come back and fix it up. By the way, has anyone found, like, water? This desert is getting old.

adrien

longest living char
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2002, 07:53:14 PM »
omg that long what dose your char do for a living?

lukie

Eh...
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2002, 07:55:25 PM »
They're a crafter. And they won't die. Bah!
I've been away from Zalanthas for some time, but I still think you all are kank shit. Don't worry, I'll come back and fix it up. By the way, has anyone found, like, water? This desert is getting old.

Gorobei

longest living char
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2002, 07:59:13 PM »
There is no requirement for being in the militia, just make your character and ask a templar about it, in the game.  It's easy, but you probably will have to go through a year of Byn training.

Anonymous

longest living char
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2002, 08:02:06 PM »
thx

longest living char
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2002, 08:06:32 PM »
I've had a character alive for.... 19 months IRL. Yeah, pretty risque business too. Well, not too risky, but you know.. I could've gotten stepped on by a bahamet, or run through by a halfling or something..

longest living char
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2002, 08:07:25 PM »
Oh, but I've seen characters alive for over 2 rl years, so yeah, I'm not the record either ;->

And Krath, Tek has been alive for 13 or so RL years right? Damn that player must be getting bored  :twisted:

Marc

longest living char
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2002, 08:08:30 PM »
Ya, but Tek is an imm pet.  After his last char died, he got to play his son and keep all his skills.  Talk about favortism!  :x
Quote from: Zhaira
I don't really have a problem with drugs OR sex
Quote from: Mansa
Marc's got the best advice.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
If getting loaded and screwing is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

John

longest living char
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2002, 10:51:33 PM »
3-4 weeks:D

Ender

longest living char
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2002, 10:56:29 PM »
80 days of playing time packed into 20 fun filled months was my longest.

-Ender
man
/mæn/

-noun

1.   A biped, ungrateful.

creeper386

longest living char
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2002, 11:01:35 PM »
Nearly seven days... In no more then two months was my longest lived character... But dang instadeath gith...

But yeah... Oh well.

Creeper
21sters Unite!

longest living char
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2002, 11:52:18 PM »
To figure out who holds a record for longest lived character, you first have to decide what you want to measure that by.

If you took, for instance, the amount of real time that had passed during the life of the character (as in, a character that was created in March of 2001 and died the following June, thus living for two months) then the record would probably go to a PC rock. Yes, a rock. A well endowed rock, but a rock nonetheless. Last time I heard said PC was up to about seven or eight years.

If you wanted to measure by playing time (as in, a character that has lived up to 4 days and 16 hours of playing time) then I have no idea who would hold the record. But my personal best, and a number I suspect to be on the high end of playing times, was about 210 days.

So take that for what it's worth. Which is not a lot.

John

longest living char
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2002, 12:00:18 AM »
Quote from: "Lsmft"
a PC rock. Yes, a rock. A well endowed rock, but a rock nonetheless. Last time I heard said PC was up to about seven or eight years.
This is a joke right? I mean, NO-ONE could be crazy enough to special app for a rock............could they?

John, whose done all the work he feels like doing is wasting 15mins.

emote walks off mumbling about not being about to telnet to Crackageddon.

Moe

longest living char
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2002, 12:06:02 AM »
My current char has 48 days on it... I think almost a year of playing time.

-MOE
 :evil:  :twisted:
I wish it hurt to be dumb.

Angela Christine

longest living char
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2002, 03:44:11 AM »
Quote from: "John"
This is a joke right? I mean, NO-ONE could be crazy enough to special app for a rock............could they?

Well the skills suck and you don't get to do much exploring or socializing, but on the upside all the aggro mobs ignore you.  You are basically immortal unless a crafter finds you.   :twisted:

Angela Christine
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

Crystal D

longest living char
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2002, 04:33:37 AM »
I'm notorious (at least in my own world) for having short lived PCs.  My record in a long while of playing is something like forty days or so, but that's probably exaggerating.  I do know of a few of the 'great' characters who lived FOREVER and a day.  If you go back to some of the old school Blackwings... wow, did those guys EVER die?  

-Crystal D
Darnell sleeps with goats.'
'Lysinder is much less finicky.'

-From the Shield of Ignorance

mansa

longest living char
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2002, 02:24:55 PM »
Longest:

Started end of December and Died early November.
I think I had 50 days 0 Hours when I finally did.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

NanoTek

are you sure?
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2002, 04:03:20 PM »
My longest lived char. Was over 60Days until a typo kille him ;)
remember even the strongest can die to stupidity, not necessarily
twinks or mobs.

:oops:
 never thought maxing out your "one_handed_typing" skill was something to brag about. Unless you are, you know, trying to impress the netsexers.  

Angela Christine

Vositus

Oldest character
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2002, 06:49:50 PM »
Mine blows you all outa the water...2 hours thanx to those damn storms!

Elzocone

Re: oldest PC Evar!
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2002, 08:11:13 PM »
I can't beat Lsmft's 210 day PC but I did have a pc that had about 160 days.  Given that it was my very first Armageddon PC, I'd have to say that was some kind of record.  8)

Anonymous

longest living char
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2002, 08:11:15 PM »
My current PC is 13 1/2 months old and I've logged 56 days of playing during that time.

I'm sure that's not even a record for current PC's, but I am curious...

Sakra

longest living char
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2002, 09:05:51 PM »
Aww... my 36 days seems so puny compared to 210. *deflates ego*
Quote from: Bhagharva
What you don't know can kill you. What you do know, can kill others.

To the north
[Near]
A lanky, brown-skinned gith is here, humping the rusty brown kank.
The rusty brown kank to the north bleats miserably.

longest living char
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2002, 09:06:02 PM »
Yeah, Elzocone's character was around for a while... I think Xanous had a pretty long lived char around that time too?

John

longest living char
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2002, 09:16:33 PM »
Whenever one of my characters talk to Xanous' current character, they live for a long time.

emote mumbles about his 1 character living for my 37 characters

Note: a long time = greater then 2.1 hours.

longest living char
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2002, 09:18:25 PM »
Hahahah, I know of one death of Xanous's. Maybe he's had only two characters ;->

Some people have all the luck.... (Or mad skill as the CS forums would contest)

Xanous

longest living char
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2002, 12:00:42 AM »
One character of mine got to about 120 days over about 2 years RL.  I think that's more than all my other character combined.

Before the Gith Armies of Doom (tm) showed up, having a long-lived combat character was pretty easy as long as remembered to travel in groups all the time.
h, the mysteries of the universe.  Try to understand them, but can you?  Nope! They're mysteries!

Savak

re: Long-lived PC's
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2002, 02:49:57 AM »
Well, hmm.  I'm not sure of exact numbers, but anything over 200 days of playing time would put someone pretty easily into the top 5 or fewer, I'd guess.  And that's much harder to do these days than it used to be, IMO.

RL time since creation is a whole other ball of wax.  There's a tiny few (well, come to think of it, maybe just one) that still exist in the database from around 10 RL years ago, and I'd guess quite a lot from 5 or more RL years ago.  But I'd say *all* of them have had extensive periods of time during which they were not played at all.  The vast, vast majority of current characters would be 2 RL years or less.  Those same few that have been around for about 2 years would also have (generally) greater than 40 or 50 days of playing time.  If you combine the two (say, greather than 2 RL years since creation and greather than 50 days of playing time), and limit it to currently "active" characters, it's probably less than 5.

But, 2 RL years is a long time IC (hell, and OOC), plenty long for most characters to live very full lives.  And plenty long to see lots of other characters die.  Muhahah.

-Savak
i]May the fleas of a thousand kanks nestle in your armpit.  -DustMight[/i]

The Lonely Hunter

A friend
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2002, 03:18:25 AM »
I've got a buddy that played a very well known (in his time) PC, pretty sure he had it for a few years if anyone remembers Radoon (spelling).
He's gotta rank up there pretty good, not sure about how much PT he had though.

Then again, I may be wrong.
"People survive by climbing over anyone who gets in their way, by cheating, stealing, killing, swindling, or otherwise taking advantage of others."
-Ginka

"Don't do this. I can't believe I have to write this post."
-Rathustra

longest living char
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2002, 03:11:28 PM »
YEAH I remember him! Score! That guy was awesome. Only got to play with him a few times though. I was quite lucky (From an IC perspective).

Sanvean

• My Website
Radoon
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2002, 05:23:32 PM »
...had at least 100 days on him, for sure, and probably a lot more. I remember when he passed the 100 day mark ;)

mansa

Re: A friend
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2002, 05:52:18 PM »
Quote from: "The Lonely Hunter"
I've got a buddy that played a very well known (in his time) PC, pretty sure he had it for a few years if anyone remembers Radoon (spelling).
He's gotta rank up there pretty good, not sure about how much PT he had though.

I played his npc turned pc son.  Ain't that crazy?
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Chronicle

longest living char
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2002, 07:39:58 PM »
My longest lived char was a recent one of mine, he had 43 days on him. I only played him for six months, and two of those months were from me taking a break. Thats what playing for 15 hours (sometimes more) a day gets ya.

tortall

I can never think up cool subjects
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2002, 05:43:23 PM »
I guess my longest would be my 53 day warrior. I had had her for about 5 months only too, playing the whole time. That's like 7 ic years. She had such a stupid death to. I wonder how many newbies Halaster killed with that Naki Army Camp that used to be up north?

-Tortall who cries very hard when her wonderful warrior died.
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.

Plazgoth

RE: Radoon
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2002, 05:54:03 PM »
I think Radoon hit the 150 day mark. But I am not 100% sure.

The Lonely Hunter

Damnit
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2002, 09:49:32 PM »
Its buggen me now heh, I'll try to remember to ask him monday.
"People survive by climbing over anyone who gets in their way, by cheating, stealing, killing, swindling, or otherwise taking advantage of others."
-Ginka

-Rathustra

longest living char
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2002, 07:21:59 AM »
I remember Radoon was the first person I saw disarm, and the weapon get tossed into another room. -That- was awesome.

Priestess

My best
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2002, 08:29:57 AM »
186 days with my third character.

Priestess

A Nonymous

Currently active
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2002, 10:11:34 AM »
There's a currently active (i.e. played regularly) PC that is approaching 200 days played.  I believe he's been around about 2 and a half RL years, if I'm not mistaken.

COGATO

• http://gohan05.tripod.ca/index.html
A little
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2002, 01:45:19 PM »
Well I had a character that stayed alive for 5 rl months but I also put about 10 hours a day play time on him on average. Thats back in the day when I played all the time because I had nothing better to do. So, I had around 1100 to 1400 playing hours on him.
ou can not trust anything that bleeds for five days and dose not die.

longest living char
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2002, 10:03:23 PM »
Priestess, is that the character I think it is? :D

Priestess

Most likely
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2002, 12:43:39 AM »
n/t

Priestess

Master Z

longest living char
« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2002, 12:06:45 PM »
My first character lived 35 or something I think. Maybe it was 45, I forget. My second lived like 10... then I had a slew of 2-or-so-day charactes. My current one is at a couple days but isn't going to die anytime soon, as far as I can tell.

I don't think I've ever had a character die under the 2-day mark.
 great evil walks Zalanthas...
Master Z has arrived from the west!

The Lonely Hunter

Ta da!
« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2002, 02:32:16 PM »
Radoon's Player: hmm... only about 110 days or so...

So that answers it heh.
For some reason I thought he had like twice that but I guess I was wrong. 100+ days is still damn good.
-Ginka

-Rathustra

Shoka Windrunner

• YouTube Channel
longest living char
« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2002, 11:12:15 AM »
I had a character who was around for 3 yrs RL...I have no idea how many actual playing hours.  However the rock has long surpassed me in both catagories I'm sure.  Stupid rock.

The long-haired youth kicks a stupid rock.

The long-haired youth hops around on one foot.

Damn rocks.
At your table, the badass dun-clad female says in tribal-accented sirihish, putting on a piping voice, incongruous not the least because it doesn't get rid of her rasp:
     "'Oh, I killed me a forest cat!' That's nice; I wiped me bum after taking a shit.

Testing

longest living char
« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2002, 07:54:11 PM »
Had a character live for just over a year RL, about 50 some days play time.

Thing is, he was a spy and accrued tons of death sentences from all over the place for ratting people out.

Funny thing is, he died to a gith...  Go figure.

Thanas

• Legend
longest living char
« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2002, 02:55:03 AM »
Quote from: "Crystal D"

I do know of a few of the 'great' characters who lived FOREVER and a day.  If you go back to some of the old school Blackwings... wow, did those guys EVER die?  

-Crystal D

Aye, unfortunately, everyone dies.  Even that old biddy Mordaga, though Malkah was probably the longest lived Blackwing in terms of RL years.

I know this doesn't count as he's not a PC... but long ago, before I ever joined staff, my Blackwing and Azroen's used to see who could sire more bastard half-elves.  A couple of NPC half-elves who resembled our PCs showed up after awhile.  Last time I played, I noticed my character's kid was still working as a guard in Luirs, 10 RL years later. :)  The copper-skinned half-elf or something like that, keyword: tambastard.

adrien

longest living char
« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2002, 01:26:01 PM »
10 years.... omg he must be a crazy fighter that can take on anything.....