Just saw something in game...

Started by Asmoth, May 20, 2015, 03:20:42 AM

Quote from: Asmoth on May 20, 2015, 04:23:39 AM
Quote from: HavokBlue on May 20, 2015, 03:32:12 AM
I imagine at some point in your life, you've wrapped a blanket over yourself like a cloak.

You probably should not post about things you just saw in-game on the GDB considering it might make it easy to identify your PC.
I've never much cared if people knew who my pcs were.

Just for clarification, this is beside the point.  You're not supposed to talk about current IC info on the boards.  That includes information that could lead to people identifying your PCs.

I don't think it's so egregious in this case that it deserves moderation, I just wanted to clarify so that you don't get in trouble down the line.   ;)
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

Quote from: Asmoth on May 20, 2015, 03:20:42 AM
How the hell does a saddle blanket, which to my understanding is supposed to be the blanket under a mounts saddle a hooded cloak?

I don't know how many of these items exist, but at least one of them is not hooded. (Are you misremembering that detail?) It can probably be "closed" (wrapped tightly around self) or "opened" (not wrapped tightly around self), but it cannot be "raised" (pulled up over the head) and lowered.

A bunch of similar items (vaguely rectangular pieces of things) in game can be worn about body and behave this way.
<Maso> I thought you were like...a real sweet lady.

How the hell does a saddle blanket, which to my understanding is supposed to be the blanket under a mounts saddle a hooded cloak?

I checked out all of them.  It isn't.  That's how.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Maybe they were just looking for a saddle to complete the outfit. Awkward.
"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality; even larks and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream." - Shirley Jackson, The Haunting of Hill House

There's the aesthetic.
<Maso> I thought you were like...a real sweet lady.

Quote from: Nyr on May 20, 2015, 09:26:15 AM

Just jumping right in to the discussion, there actually IS one. However, I don't think the GDB is the right place to get in-depth about specific items, so I sent in a request for you to check out.

I don't really care one way or another if it's changed or not, though.
As of February 2017, I no longer play Armageddon.

I've seen this too, and I had about the same reaction.
"It's too hot in the hottub!"

-James Brown

https://youtu.be/ZCOSPtyZAPA

May 20, 2015, 01:29:10 PM #32 Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 01:38:49 PM by Asmoth

There is, and it's jarring because it goes something like.

The dude lowers the hood of his saddle blanket.
The dude raises the hood of his saddle blanket.

There is a more elaborate descriptor than just saddle blanket, i will see if I can find him or her again in game to tell you it's exact descriptor.

Also it seems to scream something tribal, I remember when I was playing a d elf they had a bunch of shit on their tribal vendor that just made me go "What the fuck were they thinking?"
<19:14:06> "Bushranger": Why is it always about sex with animals with you Jihelu?
<19:14:13> "Jihelu": IT's not always /with/ animals

It's an item available in one of the starter shops.

And it's fine. If the default coded echo about a hood being raised bothers you, I can't imagine how bothered you get when someone cleans the dust off their songbird or fastens a hunting falcon to their wrist.
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Or puts one in their backpack, god forbid.

Quote from: HavokBlue on May 20, 2015, 01:53:34 PM
It's an item available in one of the starter shops.

And it's fine. If the default coded echo about a hood being raised bothers you, I can't imagine how bothered you get when someone cleans the dust off their songbird or fastens a hunting falcon to their wrist.

You're right it totally does.  If there was one thing I could institute on an atmosphere type code level in arm is to make those snakes, songbirds and hunting Falcons actual npc pets with atmospheric emotes and actual uses.

Yeah and stop putting live creatures in you backpack or I'm running to Lord Templar PETA.
<19:14:06> "Bushranger": Why is it always about sex with animals with you Jihelu?

Quote from: Asmoth on May 20, 2015, 01:29:10 PM

There is

I checked out all of them again to confirm that the items in the database do not have the cloak or hooded flag.  That would mean that whatever you saw was a copy that isn't related to the copy in the database.  I ran an update that should fix that.

In the future, please use the bug or typo tool (see help bug/help typo) for things that you feel are bugs or typos.  This will make it much easier for staff to assess whether something is a bug or a typo.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

*Updates his list of "things to mastercraft"*

Is it really that bad?

I mean...It's just a blanket.  And you can wear it. Win win.
There is a candle in your heart, ready to be kindled. There is a void in your soul, ready to be filled. Can you feel it?  Can you?
- Rumi

Can I bitch about how much I dislike the fact that you can hitch mounts without putting any sorts of bridles on them? this really chaps my immersion

Quote from: BadSkeelz on May 20, 2015, 10:00:18 PM
Can I bitch about how much I dislike the fact that you can hitch mounts without putting any sorts of bridles on them? this really chaps my immersion
I myself always wanted to have Inix Saddles and the like.

Would be sweet to see special loaded Inix and war beetles rather than the same old ones.