Lamenting things I haven't been able to play...

Started by Asmoth, May 18, 2015, 01:27:06 PM

I wish I could have played:
A halfling
A mantis
Either Northern Templar.

I hope in the future I can play:
A southern Templar
A sorcerer
A psionicist that lives longer than three days rl.
<19:14:06> "Bushranger": Why is it always about sex with animals with you Jihelu?
<19:14:13> "Jihelu": IT's not always /with/ animals

I wish I could have played a halfling or a gith, their documentation was pretty rad and they had a lot of neat code twerks that applied to them. I don't think that plot that got rid of the halflings was worth removing the halflings. =(

I hope in the future I can play... A Red Fang again, or any revamped tribe that has some promise (like atv). I'd also be interested in a psionic but I don't even entertain the thought that it'll ever happen even via spec app.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

I wish I could have played a Dune Stalker or in the Haruch Kemad (was offered a role in 2005 but had to turn it down..)

I hope in the future I can play an Akai Sjir. Lots of other ideas, but they're mostly reasonable/realistic.

I'm sad about not being able to play a Red Fang because they were my first real "Armageddon" encounter in the desert.
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

May 18, 2015, 03:39:42 PM #4 Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 03:42:23 PM by Clearsighted
Quote from: Asmoth on May 18, 2015, 01:27:06 PM
I wish I could have played:
A halfling
A mantis
Either Northern Templar.

I hope in the future I can play:
A southern Templar
A sorcerer
A psionicist that lives longer than three days rl.

If it's any consolation, all of those roles are less fun and more hard work than they appear.

Southern Templars are great, and I have much respect for people willing to make that time investment. Some of the best PCs ever have been really well realized southern templars. The bad ones never last. A truly intimidating RL investment, though, to do it right.

Psionics would have to get the same recent treatment that sorcs have, to ever really catch my interest.

I both like the recent change to sorcs, and miss the old ones. It was nice to know that there was some truly awful PC monster roaming around out there. I wish they'd kept it, as like a karma 10, 1-2 allowed at a time like thing. I'd never want to play one (imagine the pressure of solo emoting all the goddamn time), but I like knowing they're out there somewhere.

Quote from: HavokBlue on May 18, 2015, 03:05:26 PM
I'm sad about not being able to play a Red Fang because they were my first real "Armageddon" encounter in the desert.

Something I can unreservedly agree with you on. I miss the Red Fangs. I played a few. (That probably surprises no one). Most fun I ever had as a tribal. Always something to do. Amazing leadership.

For me, its kind things I hope to play one day far in the future.

Northern templar (if tuluk reopens)

Sorcerer (Can you blame me? They sound awesomely fun)

Elkrosian (Lightning mage? yes please. Lightning/energy is my favorite magic to Rp about in any fantasy setting)

Distanly, I'm definetly going to try a tribal or delf out in the future - but not a top thing on my mind, most likely ATV.

For now, I am just loving exploring the game, every near death experience, or crazy moment is a moment to remember.

I, too, am mildly regretful that I will not get to experience an old-style Sorcerer.  Not really for the ability to "mon-un-wreckyershit" the Known, but to just to say I had.  I've played a large number of magickers and the social-stratification is bad enough without being the top of the handful of "kill on hint of suspicion" guilds.

Same goes for playing a Psionicist.  Every time I've put in a special app for one, I've been told that my request can't be fulfilled due to too many of them being IG at the time  :-\

I am not lamenting this too deeply, though.  If you want to get involved in any number of plots, mundanes are where it's at.  You have the potential to be the minion or the leader without the expectations everyone else heaps on you when they find out you're a Sorcerer/Psion/Nilazi/Mul, etc.  Sure, you can be the minion/beta/second-in-command as any character or guild, but it's like having a Quest Marker hovering over your head every time you login and the few who know what you are bump into you.

Sometimes "evil" just wants to chill, you know?

Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

I too regret never being able to get the chance to play a real Sorcerer.

Should of played more and pushed harder for karma or something...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryDOy3AosBw

I wish too, but I'm looking forward to the things I will be able to play!
Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

I would have enjoyed playing a full sorcerer too, but within a tribal environment.

I also regret not having played at least one Tuluki PC...Tek's will is strong with me, but I feel like I've missed a huge part of the game!

Quote from: wizturbo on May 18, 2015, 07:20:05 PM
I would have enjoyed playing a full sorcerer too, but within a tribal environment.

I also regret not having played at least one Tuluki PC...Tek's will is strong with me, but I feel like I've missed a huge part of the game!

You can still play a Tuluki PC. I've been seriously considering making an embittered, lumberjack patriot of the 'wars of southern aggression', and raiding the southlands, with my next PC.

Quote from: wizturbo on May 18, 2015, 07:20:05 PM

Holy shit you've been playing for over a decade and never tried a Tuluki? Ahahahaha.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

I wish I could have played a halfling, but alas. At least there's a few lord of the rings based games out there.

I kind of wish I could have a warrior/nomad in the Byn right now, for some reason. Or a burglar/nomad. But that's the fate of people who can survive for more than ten RL days, you can't play every concept you want.
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

Quote from: Is Friday on May 18, 2015, 08:01:36 PM

Holy shit you've been playing for over a decade and never tried a Tuluki? Ahahahaha.

I know, it's crazy.  I've spent a fair amount of time in Tuluk when I played in the Tan Muark, but that's obviously a lot different than playing an actual Tuluki citizen.  I tend to have very long lived characters, so there's a remarkable amount of stuff I haven't experienced yet.  Also, I've played a lot of magickers, so Tuluk hasn't been a popular destination for me for very IC reasons :).

Gith.
True Sorcerer.

That is all.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Back in the day you could special app for custom skillsets and conditions and whatnot, as long as your player concept was good and you would contribute to the game with it in some way.  For example, Smoky once played a Cenyrian Merchant who was going to run glass goods back and forth, and we designed some special items as wares, and it was approved, and I played as his half-giant bodyguard with customed glass-sharded armor and a big monster flail.

I never did the app, but I wanted to play an undead warrior who had a small sandstorm that followed him everywhere he went, and wouldn't plan on it surviving longer than 5 or 6 days of playing time.  Basically an RPT character for whenever I was logged in and raiding around the city.  I'd still like to play that. XD
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

May 18, 2015, 10:41:58 PM #17 Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 10:43:45 PM by RogueGunslinger
Well, in that vein I've always wanted to play an immortal character. Doesn't age. Lived since the beginning of the dragon, has first-hand experience of events throughout history. Has normal +hp  but has -hp that can drop all the way to -200 before he dies completely. Burning or dismemberment kill him. Knows almost all languages.

Totally cynical, self-preserving, and arrogant. Builds elaborate lies to cover up his immortality, runs off to build a new life in some other part of the world whenever people might catch on that he doesn't get older.

See how long I can make it before I get before people catch on that there's something not right and see where that takes me.

When I was a newbie, I desperately wanted to spec-app a mutant desert elf that could burrow and had anakore claws instead of weapons.

The odds of that happening dawned on me and I gave it up.

But one day...
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Like... every role call that comes up, when I'm loving my current PC?
Quote from: BadSkeelz
Ah well you should just kill those PCs. They're not worth the time of plotting creatively against.

I would have liked to experience House Tor on my first character.

I wish I had played a Benjari when they were open. It seemed, from my experiences dealing with them from the outside, that they were or had the potential to be something awesome - right up my alley. The only tribal clan I ever wanted to play in.

I would have liked to have successfully played a full sorcerer too.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Things I want to play:

an inanimate object that can speak to the person who holds me.

a bastard who actually isn't a bastard, but a child of a secret tryst and was never legitimized.

a blind painter that can make masterpiece portraits by touching someone's face.

a southern Templar that uses the power of song to destroy their enemies.

a mutant that can manipulate their own bones and skeletal structure(Wolverine?)

There is a candle in your heart, ready to be kindled. There is a void in your soul, ready to be filled. Can you feel it?  Can you?
- Rumi

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on May 18, 2015, 10:41:58 PM
Well, in that vein I've always wanted to play an immortal character. Doesn't age. Lived since the beginning of the dragon, has first-hand experience of events throughout history. Has normal +hp  but has -hp that can drop all the way to -200 before he dies completely. Burning or dismemberment kill him. Knows almost all languages.

Totally cynical, self-preserving, and arrogant. Builds elaborate lies to cover up his immortality, runs off to build a new life in some other part of the world whenever people might catch on that he doesn't get older.

See how long I can make it before I get before people catch on that there's something not right and see where that takes me.

He'd be more likely to live if he could go to -200 stun.

Quote from: Tetra on May 18, 2015, 11:27:48 PM
Things I want to play:

an inanimate object that can speak to the person who holds me.

a bastard who actually isn't a bastard, but a child of a secret tryst and was never legitimized.

a blind painter that can make masterpiece portraits by touching someone's face.

a southern Templar that uses the power of song to destroy their enemies.

a mutant that can manipulate their own bones and skeletal structure(Wolverine?)

Isn't that the definition of a bastard?...