Author Topic: Well, FAQtually, here's the answer to Tuluk stuff...  (Read 3457 times)

Nyr

• Red Fangs
Well, FAQtually, here's the answer to Tuluk stuff...
« on: April 13, 2015, 08:21:39 PM »
What things have we answered in this thread that you think should be added to the FAQ post thingy?
Paint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

BadSkeelz

Re: Well, FAQtually, here's the answer to Tuluk stuff...
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 11:47:12 PM »
I'm just going to dig out some quotes and post them as I gather them, so I don't lose them. Starting with,

Will those of us playing spec-apps in Tuluk get our karma refunded/not counted against our next spec-app?

Please get in touch with us. We are treating each case individually.

Bolding for effect. All Tuluki players (sponsored, spec-apped, or vanilla) should feel free to reach out to staff to initiate a discussion about your next character, what you would like to play, and how we can help you get there.
Quote from: janeshephard
You really think BadSkeelz understands the concept of Wine In Front of me? This guy shot me as a townie when he felt threatened. The man's a neandrathal.

Persona for GDB use only. Results in game may vary.

BadSkeelz

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 11:47:46 PM »
Will there be an increase in clan hiring caps for other clans, like AoD, noble houses, specific merchant branches, etc?

This is a good question.  The short and obvious answer is yes, there will be tweaks to that.  The more complicated answer is that we will be reassessing what clans are open and available and what works in terms of interaction.  With an increase in nobility and other localized leadership roles would come a necessary increase in clan caps.  
You really think BadSkeelz understands the concept of Wine In Front of me? This guy shot me as a townie when he felt threatened. The man's a neandrathal.

BadSkeelz

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2015, 11:48:25 PM »

Will there still be "enforcers" in the North?  So that the entire Northlands doesn't turn into open season for, say, Rogue Gicks and Outlaws who now no longer need to worry about PCs regularly being present in an area that was previously well populated with potential risk and that is chock full of cool places to hermit-out in?

Tuluk isn't vanishing. If you cast in the North and don't respect the virtual world. I will load an army of HG soldiers to batter you. In a way this is a liberation. I don't need to rely on PCs anymore.

Following up on whitt's post, will the northlands in general see a closing off? Will there be more rooms added to the south of the Known, so that Luir's is "farther" aw
ay? Or will the gates of Tuluk just be shut?
The gates will be shut. vNPCs will still move in and out. It will still open for events. It will still be animated and virtually present in the wider gol Krathu,

BadSkeelz

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2015, 11:53:07 PM »
How will this work for merchant houses?  Traveling between civilization centers is currently a part of merchant house roleplay (material exchanges and personnel transfers). Will PCs still travel to Tuluk to get supplies, etc? Or will this be relegated to something that happens virtually with PCs being involved?

^ I was thinking the same.

We thought the same thing too! And we have come up with some ideas. We'll be working with the GMH on that.

BadSkeelz

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2015, 11:59:37 PM »
Re: Tuluki Special Items

hi arm mud staff

important question about these recent change

where will i go to buy feathered hatchets and lutes???

Anything integral to the game that was only found in Tuluk can most definitely be moved about.  We'll be focusing first on the really important stuff (we've already discussed mounts) and then move down from there.

I really haven't read all the posts to be honest...  but I am just curious what is going to happen to all the items from Tuluk?

Since the city is still there (ICly) and since trade and such will virtually occur...and since we are planning to make GMH-specific stuff available on NPC merchants...I don't see why northern-specific goods couldn't be sold at a fat markup.  Also the rest is something Adhira has alluded to.

Edit to add:  that's not to say you're going to see kryl stuff/armor/loot hit like nobody's business, I'm pointing out that there are possibilities here.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 12:12:12 AM by BadSkeelz »

racurtne

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2015, 07:21:35 AM »
Nevermind, that was in there about Red Storm and Luir's. It was just a really tiny blurb.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 07:32:27 AM by racurtne »
Alea iacta est

Nyr

• Red Fangs
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2015, 09:35:50 AM »
Updated.
Paint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.