Tuluk Closing to PC play -- discussion thread

Started by ArmageddonMUD, April 13, 2015, 01:18:17 PM

Quote from: Adhira on April 13, 2015, 02:19:40 PM
There is still two weeks left to go before we close Tuluk in game. We do have something planned IC. We even have an RPT scheduled on the calendar you may note. No, we aren't going to post here and discuss what we have planned. However, we wanted to announce this OOC closure with you prior to the actual closing date and not just go ahead with our IC storyline then say "Oh guess what, Tuluk is closed RIGHT NOW". So please bear with us on that point.  Some of you may wish to store now. Some of you may wish to leave the city now, or quit playing now. We understand, this is your choice. We ask you to take some time and talk to staff.

I encourage you to try sticking around and seeing if you want to experience the RPT and have some fun with us. There are some fun and interesting things in store plotwise over the next couple of weeks and you've seen some of the build up in game recently.

Oh I misunderstood.

I'm super excited to see what the IC reason for the city closing to travelers ends up being. Like I said, I loved the game and the way it felt back in the day when Tuluk was basically 'closed'.

(Use my spore-plague idea. It is gud.)
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

So is another inix seller going to be added?

April 13, 2015, 02:23:15 PM #77 Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 02:26:46 PM by Molten Heart
How will this work for merchant houses?  Traveling between civilization centers is currently a part of merchant house roleplay (material exchanges and personnel transfers). Will PCs still travel to Tuluk to get supplies, etc? Or will this be relegated to something that happens virtually without PCs being involved?
"It's too hot in the hottub!"

-James Brown

https://youtu.be/ZCOSPtyZAPA

This change to me is bittersweet though I hugely applaud staff for doing it.

I wonder if IC changes - such as making Nak win the war, reopening Under Tuluk and forcing all the active House/Legions players there into the area in the hopes that rebel/revolution will make them rise again -  were considered before this. I think that'd have been more interesting. Maybe the Sun King could kick everyone BUT inked out, including GMHs and really become autonomous and reclusive, where the locals don't get any sun and only a select few are permitted out.

I'd prefer it more if the gates weren't closed so that people can use it for trade and the lawless can plunder.

Oh! And I'd have preferred an IC storyline IN CONJUNCTION with the OOC cut off, something we could add to the timeline - ShaL's useless addition of two sids.

I hope people still play the flora and fauna end of it.

I don't like Tuluk. Haven't since the revolution, it felt like a forced opposite of Allanak where changes were made specifically to be the antithesis. My heart hurts in my feelings place nonetheless because I know people love it as fiercely (if not more) than I love Allanak. The complexity of the place always enthralled me and maybe intimidated me a little and I've said it for a long time, my characters conniving is much more Tuluki than Nakki as a whole.

I look forward to its eventual reopening and will definitely not let the opportunity pass me up again.

Cheers, Tuluk, fare thee well.

Cheers, Staff, much respect.

Holy fuck Known, shit is about to get real. Some of you have NO fucking idea what this means and when the sting wears off you are gonna be in for the ride of your life. Brace yourselves.
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Quote from: Molten Heart on April 13, 2015, 02:23:15 PM
How will this work for merchant houses?  Traveling between civilization centers is currently a part of merchant house roleplay (material exchanges and personnel transfers). Will PCs still travel to Tuluk to get supplies, etc? Or will this be relegated to something that happens virtually with PCs being involved?

^ I was thinking the same.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Quote from: KankWhisperer on April 13, 2015, 02:22:59 PM
So is another inix seller going to be added?

I posted above that there will be a waypoint North of Luirs. That place will have a mount seller. I guess he might sell Inix. Hopefully one of our new builders will build him and put Inix on him.
"It doesn't matter what country someone's from, or what they look like, or the color of their skin. It doesn't matter what they smell like, or that they spell words slightly differently, some would say more correctly." - Jemaine Clement. FOTC.

April 13, 2015, 02:25:24 PM #81 Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 10:25:03 AM by Nyr
Just adding, now that I understand there will be IC reasons for the city being "closed to travelers" etc....I am super excited about this change. Zero issues with the change. Love it.

(Seriously though, I am sorry for you guys who had to store characters. I know and played with some of you who are currently in leadership positions up there and you were/are awesome. Bring some of that awesome with you when you come to Allanak!)

Quote from: Barsook on April 13, 2015, 02:24:39 PM
Quote from: Molten Heart on April 13, 2015, 02:23:15 PM
How will this work for merchant houses?  Traveling between civilization centers is currently a part of merchant house roleplay (material exchanges and personnel transfers). Will PCs still travel to Tuluk to get supplies, etc? Or will this be relegated to something that happens virtually with PCs being involved?

^ I was thinking the same.

We thought the same thing too! And we have come up with some ideas. We'll be working with the GMH on that.
"It doesn't matter what country someone's from, or what they look like, or the color of their skin. It doesn't matter what they smell like, or that they spell words slightly differently, some would say more correctly." - Jemaine Clement. FOTC.

Quote from: Desertman on April 13, 2015, 02:22:36 PM
Quote from: Adhira on April 13, 2015, 02:19:40 PM
There is still two weeks left to go before we close Tuluk in game. We do have something planned IC. We even have an RPT scheduled on the calendar you may note. No, we aren't going to post here and discuss what we have planned. However, we wanted to announce this OOC closure with you prior to the actual closing date and not just go ahead with our IC storyline then say "Oh guess what, Tuluk is closed RIGHT NOW". So please bear with us on that point.  Some of you may wish to store now. Some of you may wish to leave the city now, or quit playing now. We understand, this is your choice. We ask you to take some time and talk to staff.

I encourage you to try sticking around and seeing if you want to experience the RPT and have some fun with us. There are some fun and interesting things in store plotwise over the next couple of weeks and you've seen some of the build up in game recently.

Oh I misunderstood.

I'm super excited to see what the IC reason for the city closing to travelers ends up being. Like I said, I loved the game and the way it felt back in the day when Tuluk was basically 'closed'.

(Use my spore-plague idea. It is gud.)

Staff have said that the city will still be a presence ICly, this change is OOC.  They are probably going to do something that will cause the population to be reduced slightly, or make some other IC reason for the current pc presence in the city to leave....but it will still be a large virtual entity with a virtual GMH presence and virtual nobles and templars doing their own virtual things.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Quote from: Desertman on April 13, 2015, 02:25:24 PM
WELCOME TO ALLANAK YOU TEA SIPPING TREE HUGGING TREGIL PETTING NORTHIES! GET ON MY LEVEL!

(Seriously though, I am sorry for you guys who had to store characters. I know and played with some of you who are currently in leadership positions up there and you were/are awesome. Bring some of that awesome with you when you come to Allanak!)

Last time I played in Allanak I wound up killing about twenty people.

It'll be good to be home.

hi arm mud staff

important question about these recent change

where will i go to buy feathered hatchets and lutes???

All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Quote from: BadSkeelz on April 13, 2015, 02:26:52 PM
WELCOME TO ALLANAK YOU TEA SIPPING TREE HUGGING TREGIL PETTING NORTHIES! GET ON MY LEVEL!

Last time I played in Allanak I wound up killing about twenty people.

It'll be good to be home.

Yes, yes! *Evil Grin* *Rubs Hands Together*

>Will there be a new inix seller.

Well, if you get me some startup funds, we could be sitting on a lot of coin in a couple of years.
3/21/16 Never Forget

Start thinking up IC reasons to hoard items soon to be gone that I use.

i wonder how many rangers we're going to be seeing leading 3 inix at a time south to luirs in the coming weeks

Many many long years ago, I never played in Tuluk. The closest I got was being a guard for a House that had a compound near the grasslands. I'd always played in Nak and my last role was a Blackmoon Raider. Since I've been back to Arma, I've played mostly in Tuluk, I've loved that city with all of my heart. Currently I'm disabled and don't get to play as much or as often as I used to. I'll be missing Tuluk but I'm going to look forward to something new. I hope the north is still open, that it's just the city that is closed. It would be sad to lose all of the great places to explore.
What night, dark or bright with stars, doesn't bring our love to life, even as we sleep?

Quote from: ShaLeah on April 13, 2015, 02:24:19 PM
I wonder if IC changes - such as making Nak win the war, reopening Under Tuluk and forcing all the active House/Legions players there into the area in the hopes that rebel/revolution will make them rise again -  were considered before this.

Yes, those things were considered, and ultimately shot down.  You've asked "what if?", but not "what then?"

The biggest problem is one of effort, manpower, and "making it a plot worth the playerbase."  To do those things properly would take months of planning and setup.  Then when we are done, what then?  We're right back where we started:  playerbase separated by a gulf of IC distance, staff separated in tasks by a gulf of IC focus, and we've also spent a ton of time and effort working on something that hasn't made our situation any better.

Additionally, past staff have already done that plot.  Redoing something that big would be pretty predictable.

I'd prefer it more if the gates weren't closed so that people can use it for trade and the lawless can plunder.

This is an idea we shot down very early as well.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Get your limited edition Tuluk tattoos now.
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Quote from: Lizzie on February 10, 2016, 09:37:57 PM
You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.

https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

Quote from: HavokBlue on April 13, 2015, 02:31:57 PM
Get your limited edition Tuluk tattoos now.

You can still have them in the future, for what it's worth, as a Tuluki ex-pat.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

Quote from: HavokBlue on April 13, 2015, 02:27:04 PM
hi arm mud staff

important question about these recent change

where will i go to buy feathered hatchets and lutes???

Anything integral to the game that was only found in Tuluk can most definitely be moved about.  We'll be focusing first on the really important stuff (we've already discussed mounts) and then move down from there.

I think he meant the ones at IG tattoo sellers  ;)
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.