Why are Humans the Most Popular Race?

Started by i love toilets, April 08, 2015, 04:41:49 PM

For me, its because a human commoner can interact with the largest number of people--- virtually, everybody besides witches, under normal circumstances. Elf company can get a little tense, but it isn't like trying to chat up witches, nobody's going to ask why you were talking to that elf, and usually the tension adds to the rp.

As for the population at large, I think its because humans and elves are the standard and no one plays elves because reasons.
Eat your fries with mayonnaise next time

Only human psion defilers can be dragons, says so in dark sun core.

Quote from: i love toilets on April 08, 2015, 04:41:49 PM
As for the population at large, I think its because humans and elves are the standard and no one plays elves because reasons.

Because the documentation and game world is designed around them being the most populous race. So most people play humans (or breeds that look like humans) so they have the most opportunities available to them. There are those that just constantly play edge cases, but I think there is something missing in that. I prefer to switch back and forth. I often alternate human mundanes with magickers/breeds/whatever. I flop back and forth to play both worlds.

I do think that coded changes could make city elves way more desirable to play, and if they were more feasible in a couple of ways, I think you would see a lot more of them. That's just a total guess, though. It could be that a lot of people don't want to play an elf. In my experience, an elf has to be a self-starter because you're already at a deficit in society. Players who prefer to be acted upon, rather than act, always/mostly play humans, it seems. That could be another contributing factor, is just styles and skill levels.

Because celves suck ass in the desert and desert elves suck ass in the cities.
Humans are master race.

Half-giants best race, everyone loves half-giants.

Secret breeds are fun to play. Obvious breeds can be a lot of fun too. Never cared much for stumps. Elves: maybe I'll play one again some day. My favorite character ever was a half-giant assassin that I played (this was long before the karma requirement for half-giants). Hope I get to play another half-giant soon they can be so much fun. Sitting at 0 karma though makes that seem like a long ways away.
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

Does your post count say Leet?

Quote from: BleakOne
Dammit Kol you made me laugh too.
A staff member sends:
     "Hi! Please don't kill the sparring dummy."

Breeds need more hate in this game.

Elves for life.
Czar of City Elves.

Quote from: Dakota on April 08, 2015, 08:32:02 PM
Breeds need more hate in this game.

Elves for life.
Don't they get enough?
I personally equate breeds to elves for hate.
Unless I know them.
THEN I GUESS THEY ARE OKAY I MEAN THEY ARE KIND OF HUMAN -Still dirty pieces of shit-.

Breeds are fucking despicable because they're that filthy thing that happens when humans and elves mate. Which is -wrong-. So basically, elves are conniving thieves, humans are the master race. Breeds? Breeds are that pile of vomit you stepped in on the sidewalk.

What are stumps?

Muls are those vile things that are tools and tools alone.
Half-giants are created by magick and thus are scary.
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

April 09, 2015, 12:37:01 AM #12 Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 11:17:22 PM by Molten Heart
Humans are the only race that aren't a stereotype.
"It's too hot in the hottub!"

-James Brown

https://youtu.be/ZCOSPtyZAPA

And oddly enough they have the biggest stereotype of all the races.

I would assume its because they are dominate race in both city states unfortunately.
The sound of a thunderous explosion tears through the air and blasts waves of pressure ripple through the ground.

Looking northward, the rugged, stubble-bearded templar asks you, in sirihish:
     "Well... I think it worked...?"

They're the easiest to play in a quirky fashion.  If I'm not playing a dwarf of elf strictly to the docs, I feel too much like a special snowflake.  There's a lot more wiggle-room in playing a human to the docs.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

Quote from: valeria on April 09, 2015, 08:38:09 PM
They're the easiest to play in a quirky fashion.  If I'm not playing a dwarf of elf strictly to the docs, I feel too much like a special snowflake.  There's a lot more wiggle-room in playing a human to the docs.

Humans I find are actually quite difficult to play. If I have a human character that is undeniably human and I have a day when he or she is just having an attitude I often get called breedy. One day and the wrong person calling or hearing your human character being called breedy can certainly cause problems down the road. With my human's I tend to feel like I have no wiggle room. If your being moody you're called breedy, if you're being strict or tough people wonder if you come from dwarf somewhere. It's quite difficult and annoying.

If someone called my character breedy that'd be a damn good reason to kill them.

I agree with Valeria, I find humans easy to play because you can play any type of human. Humans can as stupid as a half-giant or as smart as an elf and it's all acceptable.

Sucks that it's usually people that are quite impossible or as near as it comes in Zalanthas to kill that have done this, but I was along those lines too.

Quote from: MeTekillot on April 09, 2015, 11:46:12 PM
Maybe stop acting so breedy?

It's probably just RL bleeding through.

<3 u SMT!
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Because it's the easiest way to pick up chicks. No dorf/elf/HG women around :(
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

Groupthink. Also, wait 5 IG years for an elf female PC to show up? Ain't nobody got time for that. So, your male PC starts considering guys, who also aren't around. Welp, *desperately* how about that breed?

*negative account notes ensue*

Huh, maybe I shouldn't play an elf? Obviously, I must be bad at it, otherwise, staff wouldn't feel the need to put it in there, despite all the RP and disgust and self-loathing that went into it.

Maybe you shouldn't ignore the hundreds of vNPC female elves that are available for kanking.