Should drunk-falling code be removed?

No, I'm a masochist.
18 (34.6%)
BURN IT TO THE GROUND.
27 (51.9%)
Maybe, because...
7 (13.5%)

Total Members Voted: 52

The only time I ever had trouble -walking- I was so drunk out of my mind I had to crawl. Not walk. Crawl.

All I know is, IRL, unless I am totally plastered OR trying to do something silly like vaulting fences...yea, I do not fall down.

So...BURN BABY BURN!!!!!!
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Keep the trip if you are upright. From a sit , you may crawl north.
It wouldn't work though. If we can't remember we are sneaking, we won't remember we are crawling either.

To me this feature provides comic relief. A little bit on the unrealistic side, but meh - it does the job of conveying drunken-ness properly.

Now, if you REALLY wanted to do a bang-up realistic job of the "drunken-ness formula", you'd have to factor in:

a) Race and weight of drinker
b) Potency of alcohol being consumed
c) Rate of consumption of alcohol (ml per hour)
d) Quantity of food in stomach
e) Mood
f) Weather
g) Other intoxicants (like spice)
h) tolerance level

Once you were able to ascertain the drunkenness factor, then, you could allocate percentages to the outcome, for example:

20% - headache
20% - slurred speech
40% - headache + vomiting
10% - pass out
10% - trip and fall

Heheh, I don't see this happening on Arm - so lets just stick with the existing code and enjoy watching people fall on their asses ;)
The figure in a dark hooded cloak says in rinthi-accented Sirihish, 'Winrothol Tor Fale?'

Faces

Amos trips over his own feet and falls on his face...or something like that.

And even with comic relief, I still do not like it unless totally plastered.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Quote from: Incognito on March 13, 2015, 04:51:17 AM
Heheh, I don't see this happening on Arm - so lets just stick with the existing code and enjoy watching people fall on their asses ;)

So keep it simple, like my suggestion. Leave funny shenanigans in the hands of the roleplayer please. I wan't to play a real alcoholic, with real problems and outbursts and anger and dependence... That's not possible because of your code which is apparently only in there for comedic relief.

Remove falling down, insert trouble with spoken language (so that at certain levels, you talk like those Tribals who barely understand the Highlord's Sirihish). Literally talking gibberish, can barely Way anyone... but no randomly tripping over your own feet. I've seen college kids almost well into plastered who don't just trip over things all day.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Maybe Zalanthas has really, really high gravity, and we just don't know it. Until we're drunk.
"The church bell tollin', the hearse come driving slow
I hope my baby, don't leave me no more
Oh tell me baby, when are you coming back home?"

--Howlin' Wolf

Quote from: X-D on March 13, 2015, 06:26:12 AM
Faces

This could just be randomized, so that instead of just "comic relief" - its realistic.

33% chance - Face (could be replaced with Front)
33% chance - Back
33% chance - Side
0.9% chance - Head (and then black out)
0.1% chance - Neck (and then die)
The figure in a dark hooded cloak says in rinthi-accented Sirihish, 'Winrothol Tor Fale?'

You think there should be a chance of falling to your death from drinking alcohol?

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on March 14, 2015, 04:43:45 AM
You think there should be a chance of falling to your death from drinking alcohol?

This. Why would you want that?
Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

If you want to die from being drunk, just coordinate with staff. They will happily murder you when you fall down.
Alea iacta est

They will MORE than happily have you murdered. Shit, you wanna die drunk? Go into the Rinth or wander into the wastelands and find something big and ferocious, then POUND THAT SKY DRAUGHT BABY.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on March 14, 2015, 04:43:45 AM

In the US, falls are the leading cause of accidental death and the 7th leading cause of death in people ≥ 65

Not that it's particularly relevant, given the age group...I just thought it was an interesting stat.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.