Zalanthan Swear Words

Started by Semper, February 23, 2015, 03:15:42 PM

I know there was a thread about this somewhere, but wherever it is, I'm pretty sure it's dated. I was wondering if I could get a list of creative swear words and phrases that you can use in Zalanthas. I get tired of using the same old and need some suggestions.  ;D Key word being "creative" please!
"And all around is the desert; a corner of the mournful kingdom of sand."
   - Pierre Loti

It really depends on what you consider a swear.
Things like "Feck" "Shit" "Shite" "Fuck" "Hell" "Drov" Are all pretty basic.
But if you are really mad and want to be creative be like.
"His light's shining ass hole" Or something, is where the big boy gasps and awe come from, depending on where you are of course.
Though I don't really have a list...the slang page and the page on the website is basically all there is, unless you want to be creative. Or I'm completely wrong.

I'm awesome!

http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,45624.0.html

http://www.armageddon.org/help/view/Curses

I also thought HELP CURSES would yield little noses and warts on butts.
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

February 23, 2015, 04:50:18 PM #3 Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 05:07:46 PM by nauta
I personally really like 'kanksore' which isn't on the list, and 'elf' - oh, and 'cuntsliver', which isn't really Zalanthan but just feels Zalanthan.h

EDIT: In rereading the CURSES helpfile, I read this:
Tek's Balls - See Utep's Balls.
Tek's whiskers - See Utep's teeth.
as this:
Tek's Balls - See Utep's teeth.
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

Githclit was pretty popular back in '07

Quote from: manonfire on February 24, 2015, 01:55:15 PM
Githclit was pretty popular back in '07
Never heard of that. Not once.
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

I've only heard it in reference to the actual Arm logo, and not anything in game.

I apparently used "sunshits" in game once as a curse, but don't remember the context.

"Sunsluts" might apply to those attractive characters who never take their sunslits off.

Sewer-whore

Dung-breath

Mud-for-brains

Kank-fucker

(emote flips !me finger and gives you the erdlu).

Elf-lover (lol i love this one)

Halfbreed (yeah, this in itself is a swear word....!)

The figure in a dark hooded cloak says in rinthi-accented Sirihish, 'Winrothol Tor Fale?'

I never understood "feck". Seemed like a cop-out to me.

Fuck. Shit. Piss. Damn. Hell. Drov. Kank-fucker. Bitch. Asshole. All legitimate swear words.

Feck is an accepted variant of fuck in lexicography. Also for people who feel uncomfortable using vulgarities in their daily lives but want to portray their character as foul mouthed feck might be easier for them to use. For both of these reasons I'm happy to see Feck see use in game.
Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

Quote from: Bushranger on March 11, 2015, 05:34:38 AM
Feck is an accepted variant of fuck in lexicography. Also for people who feel uncomfortable using vulgarities in their daily lives but want to portray their character as foul mouthed feck might be easier for them to use. For both of these reasons I'm happy to see Feck see use in game.
Is it bad I alternate between the two?
If I want to sound fancy.
"Fuck"
If I want to sound gritty.
"Feck arse shite" etc.

If I think about it, I don't know if I ever really use any constructed 'swear' words.

I believe my favorite constructed derogatory word I've heard and used IG is 'chub' which if I had to pin down an origin... I would say it's a derogatory term for humans used by Rinthi elves that a lot of people in the Rinth started using.

'Chub' is a great word.
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Quote from: HavokBlue on March 11, 2015, 10:37:05 PM
If I think about it, I don't know if I ever really use any constructed 'swear' words.

I believe my favorite constructed derogatory word I've heard and used IG is 'chub' which if I had to pin down an origin... I would say it's a derogatory term for humans used by Rinthi elves that a lot of people in the Rinth started using.

'Chub' is a great word.
You wanky chub.

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

Ooh, I should add 'wanker' to my next Rinther's lexicon.
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Quote from: HavokBlue on March 11, 2015, 11:14:34 PM
Ooh, I should add 'wanker' to my next Rinther's lexicon.

wide-walker. wide-leg.

Walking with the girth of an ungainly human, taking up space.

All of a sudden this sounds like an anatomy class with an undercurrent of prejudice.
There is a candle in your heart, ready to be kindled. There is a void in your soul, ready to be filled. Can you feel it?  Can you?
- Rumi

Oi, fock off ya wide-wolkin' chub!