Author Topic: DragonCon 2015  (Read 12742 times)

Delirium

• Helper
Re: DragonCon 2015
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2015, 10:42:26 AM »
Joystick was fun last year, but small and super loud. I'm up for suggestions on other places to meet.
"Our whole lives are just stories." - Vikings

The7DeadlyVenomz

« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2015, 05:36:04 PM »
I'd honestly suggest some place like a park, or maybe a bar out to the North. The key would be finding a sheltered place in case it rains, and being able to have a beer or four, as well as a subdued atmosphere. Because yeh, Joystick was Hella loud.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Delirium

• Helper
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2015, 05:44:57 PM »
There is always Battle & Brew and their AMAZING new location... though it is a bit far from downtown.

If people are okay with that I'd definitely recommend it.   http://www.battleandbrew.com/

JustAnotherGuy

« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2015, 11:44:17 PM »
Sadly this has fell through for me.  I will try to keep the list up-to-date and I hope those going will have fun.
Or you might get me.
A staff member sends:
     "Looks like you introduced him to *puts on sunslits* the school of hard Knoxx.  YEEEEAAAAAAH"

The7DeadlyVenomz

« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2015, 12:19:42 AM »
There is always Battle & Brew and their AMAZING new location... though it is a bit far from downtown.

If people are okay with that I'd definitely recommend it.   http://www.battleandbrew.com/

Haha. That's way outta the way, but it looks ninty times better than Joystik. Joystik sorta disappointed me.

Brytta Léofa

« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2015, 11:59:03 AM »
Looks fun.  Alternative, if we needed to be more in the middle of things: Marlay House. But that's more a Sitting Quietly in the Corner With Your Board Game and Glaring at the Young People while Feeling Irrationally Irish place.

What day are y'all thinking of? I'll certainly be there if it's Friday the 4th; we're heading out of town Saturday.
"You know you've been playing too much Armageddon when you overhear one co-worker say to another, 'Grab your hat and let's go for a walk outside,' and you have this sinking feeling like someone's not coming back from that chat." - Gimfalisette

manonfire

« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2015, 12:39:56 PM »

Haha. That's way outta the way, but it looks ninty times better than Joystik. Joystik sorta disappointed me.

Is that the bar we were at? That place was busted as fuck. I'm pretty sure I stepped on a dead soldier when I went outside to smoke.

Delirium

• Helper
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2015, 12:47:20 PM »
Joystick is where we were at yeah.

Marlay House looks pretty cool and it's definitely closer to downtown.

The7DeadlyVenomz

« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2015, 05:23:19 PM »
I almost got into a fight at Joystick when those kids were out by my car.

Delirium

• Helper
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2015, 05:30:33 PM »
It -sounded- fun!  I mean, old school arcade bar, sign me up. Anyway, B&B is a fantastic place but a trek out toward Sandy Springs, so I'm open to Marlay House unless anyone has objections. Should we bring some board/card games or do they have that sort of stuff there? Will we have room to set up?

Brytta Léofa

« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2015, 07:16:59 PM »
They don't have games, but there are some good group-sized tables/booths. I think we've fit 10+ at a table before...which sounds like about as many as we might be altogether.

Friday? Marlay House? 7 PM? I don't know what the Con schedule is...

I have games I can bring, but nothing halfway RPG-y: Dominion, Puerto Rico, LOTR Risk.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 07:19:48 PM by Brytta Léofa »
"You know you've been playing too much Armageddon when you overhear one co-worker say to another, 'Grab your hat and let's go for a walk outside,' and you have this sinking feeling like someone's not coming back from that chat." - Gimfalisette

Delirium

• Helper
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2015, 08:43:37 PM »
I have Small World, King of Tokyo, Dominion Intrigue, some others... Friday @ 7 works for us. Saturday we'll likely be out of town.

everybody else?

The7DeadlyVenomz

« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2015, 11:38:45 PM »
Shit. Friday? Argh. I can ... fuck it. Alright. I'll see what I can do about that.

Malifaxis

• Thoughts of the Sixth Age
« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2015, 10:37:54 PM »
Fuckers.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Stop being shitty to each other.

Delirium

• Helper
« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2015, 10:51:00 PM »
There's also the option of Sunday if that works for more people.

tortall

« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2015, 01:40:13 PM »
I have Small World, King of Tokyo, Dominion Intrigue, some others... Friday @ 7 works for us. Saturday we'll likely be out of town.

everybody else?

King of Tokyo is awesome and I love it. It can be nice and short too, not one of those games that takes like 3 hours to play. I like those. But I also really like Ticket to Ride, which I own and my husband and step-child refuse to play.

Pretty much any evening works for me so long as there's not a panel I'm going to. I take it no one has a hotel room this year? I'd personally much prefer to hang out away from a bar or the like. If everyone would prefer that I'll be there though.
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.

Delirium

• Helper
« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2015, 12:17:18 PM »
Battle & Brew will be closed for DragonCon weekend anyway, so Marlay House it is for sure.

Are people doing Friday, Saturday, or Sunday?

We have family obligations Saturday so wouldn't be able to make it.

Brytta Léofa

« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2015, 11:19:50 PM »
I can't make it Saturday or Sunday, but I defer to the needs of folks who are coming from out of town or who actually play Arm right now. ;D

On the other hand, I can bring Dominion: Seaside.

Delirium

• Helper
« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2015, 12:26:13 PM »
Well since none of y'all punks are speaking up about it let's go w/the original plan. Friday at Marlay House, 7pm til whenever.

Bast

« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2015, 04:00:03 PM »
Wish I could go this year! Have fun guys!
The sound of a thunderous explosion tears through the air and blasts waves of pressure ripple through the ground.

Looking northward, the rugged, stubble-bearded templar asks you, in sirihish:
     "Well... I think it worked...?"

Barzalene

« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2015, 04:28:16 PM »
Wish I could go this year! Have fun guys!
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

The7DeadlyVenomz

« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2015, 04:44:24 PM »
My vacation coincided with this week, and so I'm in SC, and won't be back until Sunday Morning. I'll have to miss this one, but time with my family is way more important these days. Ender, D, Tortall, hit me up if you want. Rest of you, I'll see ya next year!

Brytta Léofa

« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2015, 10:42:49 PM »
Ender, D, Tortall

lo giant (rumbling)

Well since none of y'all punks are speaking up about it let's go w/the original plan. Friday at Marlay House, 7pm til whenever.

I'll be there with bells on. Tortall, you coming?

The7DeadlyVenomz

« Reply #48 on: September 01, 2015, 03:43:55 PM »
Brytta, do you live in Atlanta? If you do, hit me up too. Heh. I wasn't trying to exclude you ... I just know those three irl.

tortall

« Reply #49 on: September 01, 2015, 03:53:05 PM »
I dunno if I can do 7PM on Friday, especially out there. It's a 17 minute drive from the Con.

Is no one staying at a hotel close to the con that we can hang out at?

I might could swing Saturday or Sunday after 8PM, maybe.

EDIT:
And if anyone wants to try and just hang out at another time, PM me for my cell. If you still have it from prior years it hasn't changed, but I've likely lost yours, lol.

I also don't play, so don't try and rearrange anything around my preferences. ;-)

EDIT AGAIN:
Ok, apparently there are 2 Spring Sts in Atlanta, and it took me to the wrong starting point. Actually 17 min from the Con, so not as bad. Got panels and stuff I want to do on Friday still though.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 04:02:49 PM by tortall »
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.