Why Do You Vote Every Day?

Started by Cavaticus, February 05, 2015, 10:34:41 AM

Quote from: whitt on April 28, 2015, 09:44:08 AM
Because I don't drink coffee in the morning.

I think I found the masochist that plays Armageddon because they...like...the pain...
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

To banish the nightmares!
Quote from: Decameron on September 16, 2010, 04:47:50 PM
Character: "I've been working on building a new barracks for some tim-"
NPC: "Yeah, that fell through, sucks but YOUR HOUSE IS ON FIREEE!! FIRE-KANKS!!"

Because in my heart Arm is always number 1.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

April 29, 2015, 07:42:02 AM #303 Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 07:46:02 AM by RogueGunslinger
I've had something on my mind recently, and this may be a bit off-topic; Voting on these websites is relatively meaningless in the face of other methods to attract players or even just make the world seem more populated. Convince the staff to close Tuluk and you'll make a larger effect than being #1 on both websites would bring us in an entire year. The excitement of which has showed steady and increased player numbers. I don't think it's just the change that got this excitement, but the idea that this game still posses the ability to indulge BIG IDEAS. Ideas Like the recently added guidelines and facilitation for player-created clans and tribes. Ideas like extended subguilds and skill bumps.

There are other things like this I think the staff could to to boost player numbers. Not more consolidation, just a few ideas people have been asking over the years that probably seem monumental to accomplish, either in effort or in will. But are things I believe we have to power to change, with the right motivation. Things that have been floating around in my head for a while but I always stop short and think "This will never happen" Well, not if I don't try. And more people should try.

You want to vote?  Vote with your voices by telling staff how much you want a classless system. Vote for realistic combat that involves targeting, wounds and status effects like bleeding. Vote for ASCII colors being standard in the game, with the option to turn it off if wanted.  Vote for more help from staff facilitating the ability to change the game-world and make your mark, without having to make the game a full-time job or spend real life years. Vote for coded C-elf Tribes. Vote for a better tutorial system and easier access to new characters that eases the burden of character approval(a 0 karma player getting to pick a stock character type, for instance). Vote for code transparency to take away the unfair advantage veterans posses over newbies and shine a light on a guild system that inundated with old Diku relics, badly balanced class design, and unrealistic or downright unfun skill progression.

Vote for big ideas, and a bright future is abound. You can also continue to vote on those ranking sites too, and be another drop in the ocean fighting for a position other games "game" the system to obtain. Just don't fool yourself into thinking staff isn't willing to indulge big ideas, because they've been showing they can.

I'd rather just vote every day.  Because we get a steady stream of new players from the voting website.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

Because I can do all those other things too.  But voting is a simple way to let staff know we care about them right back that doesn't require any more effort on their part.
Quote from: BadSkeelz
Ah well you should just kill those PCs. They're not worth the time of plotting creatively against.

Voting is delicious.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on April 29, 2015, 07:42:02 AM
I've had something on my mind recently, and this may be a bit off-topic; Voting on these websites is relatively meaningless in the face of other methods to attract players or even just make the world seem more populated. Convince the staff to close Tuluk and you'll make a larger effect than being #1 on both websites would bring us in an entire year. The excitement of which has showed steady and increased player numbers. I don't think it's just the change that got this excitement, but the idea that this game still posses the ability to indulge BIG IDEAS. Ideas Like the recently added guidelines and facilitation for player-created clans and tribes. Ideas like extended subguilds and skill bumps.

There are other things like this I think the staff could to to boost player numbers. Not more consolidation, just a few ideas people have been asking over the years that probably seem monumental to accomplish, either in effort or in will. But are things I believe we have to power to change, with the right motivation. Things that have been floating around in my head for a while but I always stop short and think "This will never happen" Well, not if I don't try. And more people should try.

You want to vote?  Vote with your voices by telling staff how much you want a classless system. Vote for realistic combat that involves targeting, wounds and status effects like bleeding. Vote for ASCII colors being standard in the game, with the option to turn it off if wanted.  Vote for more help from staff facilitating the ability to change the game-world and make your mark, without having to make the game a full-time job or spend real life years. Vote for coded C-elf Tribes. Vote for a better tutorial system and easier access to new characters that eases the burden of character approval(a 0 karma player getting to pick a stock character type, for instance). Vote for code transparency to take away the unfair advantage veterans posses over newbies and shine a light on a guild system that inundated with old Diku relics, badly balanced class design, and unrealistic or downright unfun skill progression.

Vote for big ideas, and a bright future is abound. You can also continue to vote on those ranking sites too, and be another drop in the ocean fighting for a position other games "game" the system to obtain. Just don't fool yourself into thinking staff isn't willing to indulge big ideas, because they've been showing they can.

That requires a lot more effort than just clicking a button every mornings when I wake up :(

*clicks button*
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Are you ready?
Murder your darlings.

I voted today because they both reset and it's another chance to for us to grab the #1 spot.

Hey! We're not even in the top 20 on TMC and we're below the fold on TMS!

Mayday!

Because it's a new month.  Time to claim what is rightfully ours.
Quote from: BadSkeelz
Ah well you should just kill those PCs. They're not worth the time of plotting creatively against.

GET HYPE GUYS

It's a vote reset on TMC! That's our primary driver of new players, so GET ON BOARD THE VOTE TRAIN.

Ranked 770 on TMC?

Ain't nobody got time for that!
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

Cause I believe TMS top five is just a couple of clicks away.

Because we've already slipped to 14 and

Um, BatMud is beating us?
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

Because I've liked many of the books that Oprah suggested.

Oprah conspired with Bush to do 9/11.
In other words I voted today.

Because there are a few MUDs on TMC acting like they're voting every day or something, and we're barely holding onto 1st.

Quote from: Cavaticus on May 04, 2015, 07:46:35 AM
Because there are a few MUDs on TMC acting like they're voting every day or something, and we're barely holding onto 1st.

That's why I vote every day! The nerve!

Because someone here discovered blingee for the first time and we need more unblingeed players to offset the horribleness.

Cause if we don't fight for #1 on TMC Aardwolf will take it from us.