Why Do You Vote Every Day?

Started by Cavaticus, February 05, 2015, 10:34:41 AM

Quote from: Cavaticus on March 05, 2015, 08:33:35 AM
Back into the top 20!

I don't know how the hell "certain" muds get their numbers as high as they do as quickly as they do, but we know for a fact that we can break the top 10 with a bit of effort. Keep voting! We get a lot of new players from TMS and TMC.

Yeah, I feel that either the other MUDs are having an upswing in voting, or we're doing something wrong.
"The church bell tollin', the hearse come driving slow
I hope my baby, don't leave me no more
Oh tell me baby, when are you coming back home?"

--Howlin' Wolf

I voted because it's six in the morning and there are six players on other than myself. 

And seriously: TMS is so silly!  All those other muds just have some cronjob vote script going.  Some don't even have websites, just a cron entry.
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

I think TMC is a more accurate indicator because it requires you to have an account to vote.  It still wouldn't prevent people from having multiple accounts, but at least it's something.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

Yeah, I'm fairly certain that the vote tallies from at least a few of the sites above us aren't all come by in manners that are the squeakiests of cleans. That just makes us a scrappy underdog!

Today I voted because scrappy underdogs are adorable and they should all be adopted by somebody who will love and snuggle them.

I voted today so that we don't have to pay a third-world child to do it for us.  Using the term "pay" loosely.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

I voted because I don't want a game called "Dragon Realms" beating us.
Could be a good game....
But fuck dragons.

Quote from: Jihelu on March 06, 2015, 02:25:02 PM
Could be a good game....
But fuck dragons.

But.. We have dragons too..  :-\
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Quote from: Malken on March 07, 2015, 11:43:16 PM
Quote from: Jihelu on March 06, 2015, 02:25:02 PM
Could be a good game....
But fuck dragons.

But.. We have dragons too..  :-\
Shhh....
Shhhhh

Today I voted because of the TOTALLY RAD Allanaki socio-political RPT that's coming up.

As a victim of the crusades, I'm offended by the above post.  So I voted.
Now where's my picture of Muhammad...
Murder your darlings.

I voted today because I reimaged my work laptop and had not gotten my account for TMC set up again for autologin.  Ultimate laziness right here.  But I put in my votes because

MATH.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Quote from: Nyr on March 10, 2015, 10:31:32 AM
I voted today because I reimaged my work laptop and had not gotten my account for TMC set up again for autologin.  Ultimate laziness right here.  But I put in my votes because

MATH.

How do you set up this auto-vote thing for TMC?  I just created an account, voted, do I need to do this everyday like TMS?  Or what?

I think Nyr just means setting his browser to remember his login info for that site, not any sort of auto-vote thing (which would be against their rules).

Oh, bummer.  I guess I have to remember to vote there too.

I voted today to prove my wang is bigger than Talia's.

Get on muh wang level gurl.
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

Quote from: Desertman on March 10, 2015, 01:57:06 PM
I voted today to prove my wang is bigger than Talia's.

Get on muh wang level gurl.

Sorry, but I have to delegate the wang-having to my Storytellers.

I voted today because this thread consistently makes me chuckle.
Quote from: Decameron on September 16, 2010, 04:47:50 PM
Character: "I've been working on building a new barracks for some tim-"
NPC: "Yeah, that fell through, sucks but YOUR HOUSE IS ON FIREEE!! FIRE-KANKS!!"

I voted today because I thought the key to understanding this MUD was voting for it :'(

I vote because I'll never forget the long terrible years I spent playing a for-profit roleplay-encouraged MUD before I knew Armageddon existed. I don't want anyone else to suffer like I did.

Today I voted because we moved up to #2 on TMC! Good job, guys!

We're also only ten votes behind first place over there.

Today I voted because I had no choice! This threatening photograph of Nyr appeared in my email. I don't know if the or else means Nyr is threatening me or some people had kidnapped Nyr and were going to tickle him if I didn't vote but either way...
Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

Today I voted because there are only two rules, what a man can do, and what a man can't do.
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.