Why Do You Vote Every Day?

Started by Cavaticus, February 05, 2015, 10:34:41 AM

(graph courtesy of mansa)

Behold! The awesome power of the playerbase working to support each other and promote the game.

Keep up the fantastic work!

AND:

There are 0 visible Immortals currently in the world.

There are 48 players currently in the world, other than yourself.

And it isn't even 9 eastern yet!
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Please vote. Vote regularly everyday. Also observe the rules laid out by the site you are voting on. We want to win by enthusiasm not cheating.
There are people already knowledgeable in game.  Find them and kill them so no one has cures and then poison everyone. -Kefka 2018

So for the second month in a row none of our votes are getting counted on TMS. Anyone know any updates on them? TMC was really great in working with us!
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.

Quote from: tortall on April 02, 2018, 02:36:56 PM
So for the second month in a row none of our votes are getting counted on TMS. Anyone know any updates on them? TMC was really great in working with us!

The people who own TMS don't ... really care all that much about it. One vote at TMS is worth 1/10th of what a vote is worth at TMC anyways.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

I vote every day because I like seeing us in first place on TheMudconnector. We're currently in second place. I AM SAD LIZZEH!

Today is our day! We're number one, but we're only holding it by one measly point! Please vote!

Because we should be higher than number six. :'(

What's the difference between our game and the top game on the list on the Mudconnector?

They have 175 votes, and we have 123 votes. So the answer to the question is - 52 votes.

If 10 people who don't usually vote at all, but like Armageddon, each voted once per day for the next 10 days, we'd be in first place before the end of the month.

I have to admit that I've forgotten my TMC login/password, since I changed computers after a sudden computer death and lost my saved password.  I'm going to get this reset or create a new account.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

It's a new month so get your voting pants on!

Quote from: Riev on June 12, 2019, 02:20:04 PM
Do you kill your sparring partners once they are useless to you, so that you are king?

I vote because nobody has explained to me why my avatar picture now has a photobucket tag on it.

https://www.mudconnect.com/cgi-bin/vote.cgi?mud=Armageddon
Do you kill your sparring partners once they are useless to you, so that you are king?

Still wanting an explanation for the photobucket tag on my avatar. Gonna keep voting for now.

It's working. We moved up to ninth place, but I feel we could do better.

Because I'm worried that path will find me and frown seriously at me if I don't.

Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

Today I voted because I was just sitting around...thinking of Delirium. And how much I love the Sandman comics, and maybe I'll reread them again.

Quote from: path on July 20, 2019, 04:13:39 PM
Today I voted because I was just sitting around...thinking of Delirium. And how much I love the Sandman comics, and maybe I'll reread them again.

I love seeing new reviews on TMC for Armageddon. But the last review was November 11.

Tips for reviews:

Remember these are reviews, not advertisements. Be clear about what you like and don't like, and why. If you say it's perfect and there's nothing wrong with it and everyone should play it, then it's an advertisement, not a review.

Use a template if you have to:

Syntax: intuitive, somewhat intuitive, not really intuitive, not at all intuitive.
What could be better about syntax, or how the game tackles any difficulty (eg. help files, both in-game and on-web)
Examples of syntax that works great:
An example of syntax that misses the mark:

Gameplay: How peak time has changed over the years (it has, if you haven't noticed), whether this appeals to you or not, and why.
Areas in which to play: how the changing physical game world has evolved, whether it appeals to you, and why.

Crafting: it has crafting, here's what I like about it, here's what I think could be improved, and why.
An example of crafting (take a line from one of the help files to show how easy/hard you think it is)

Roleplay: huge world-changing plots created by staff to bring in-game plotlines to whatever changes they're planning for the game world (HRPTs). Significant RPTs that are clan-specific, or town-specific, or group-specific, that give more cohesiveness to the interaction between players and the world their characters live in. Small mini-moments that staff bring to add atmosphere to the game, that have no particular significance but exist just because they and the players enjoy those little moments. Roleplay that has nothing to do with staff, plots created exclusively by players that staff might at some point take an interest in and add their two sids worth via NPC animation or the creation of a coded new doohickie in Lady Jojo's garden or whatever.

Absolute best thing you love about Arm.
Absolute worst thing you don't love about Arm.

Because I want to remind everyone that I am also active.

I vote, everyday now, because I like new players.
I vote everyday now, because I know this is the best mud, ever.
I vote everyday now, because I want the staff to have to work harder.
I vote everyday now because, so many of us want more, again.
I vote everyday now because, the north feels a vengeance.
I vote everyday now, because ..Maga. Make Armageddon Great Again!

p.s. It's always been great!
The problem with leadership is inevitably: Who will play God? -Muad'Dib

So let's all go focus on our own roleplay before anyone picks up a stone to throw. -Sanvean

Unstickied and locked, so it can remain as a sort of OOC GDB game history lore.
Halaster — Today at 10:29 AM
I hate to say this
[10:29 AM]
I'll be quoted
[10:29 AM]
but Hestia is right