Author Topic: Armageddon TvTropes  (Read 7356 times)

nauta

Re: Armageddon TvTropes
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2015, 02:27:56 PM »
That said, I never really liked the grey hunt because I felt it encouraged the wrong kind of game play and rewarded it, however I always felt that was one of the few cool things I did like about Tuluk. You had a chance as a commoner to elevate your status. Which was an interesting and unique difference from Nak, that actually made some sense. I think it would be interesting if there was some other route to becoming a Hlum Noble that was more socially/roleplay based rather than what the grey hunt was.

A curious derailer woud like to know:

What was the grey hunt and how did it work?  All I could find out about it was this:

While originally composed of both Hlum and Surif nobility, the new government had done away with the Hlum titles for the most part, the exception to this being the title of Nobility that was granted to the winner of the Grey Hunt, a contest held roughly every 7 years, or 11 such contests per King's Age. This practice was stopped in the Month of the Ascending Sun in Year 10 of the 22nd Age when the Hlum were eradicated with deadly efficiency. Now public or private mention of the Hlum or the Grey Hunt are considered illegal. The burned hulk of their Estate, still yet to be rebuilt or repurposed, serves as a reminder of the Templarate's reach.

Was it an actual hunt?  I always assumed it was a ceremonial thing rigged beforehand via smooching and bribes.  (Also, I love this question because I literally can't find out IG :-).)

as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

bcw81

• Helper
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2015, 02:45:07 PM »
The Grey Hunt was a series of poems and things. The prospective citizen would need to go out and find the answer to them, then bring that back to the Faithful - I think the last one boiled down to 'What fruit am I talking about', 'What's the best animal you can kill,' and 'What herb am I talking about'. Obviously, IC it was more in depth, but that seemed to be the gist of it.

A female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

Bast

« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2015, 02:59:06 PM »
It should have been more about bribery and kissing the right back sides while proving you were at least some what socially accept about to the caste you were about to join.
The sound of a thunderous explosion tears through the air and blasts waves of pressure ripple through the ground.

Looking northward, the rugged, stubble-bearded templar asks you, in sirihish:
     "Well... I think it worked...?"

Patuk

« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2015, 03:28:22 PM »
I would say something about inbreeding happening soon assuming perfect virtue and faithfulness on the part of tuluki she-nobles, but since every single one of them gets forcestored without a second thought I will have to agree that Tuluk's noble houses probably are collectively inbred already.

Save Lyksae, I guess. Yeah.
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

MeTekillot

« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2015, 04:56:53 PM »
Maybe Muk Utep eats their brain whenever his adultery sense tingles.

I was thinking of making a character page, for organizations, and the respective Sorcerer Kings? With no sensitive information, of course.
Where have you buried the body, MeTekillot?

Patuk

« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2015, 05:19:30 PM »
Knock yourself out, man. You could make a character tab for every open clan out there, but I'm unsure of how it'd be salvaged.
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

MeTekillot

« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2015, 01:44:51 PM »
I added some stuff.
Where have you buried the body, MeTekillot?