Some are
1 (1.7%)
What'chu talkin' 'bout foo'?
6 (10.2%)
Other (please state reason/opinon)
3 (5.1%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Quote from: Patuk on January 17, 2015, 02:12:51 PM
Generally speaking, not banging anyone is the way to go if you don't wanna die.

Coincidentally... I have a lot of stored PCs. Need more sex... but RPing out is just bleeehhh
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

I were to play this MUD again, I'd want to see mages get skill-ups at roughly 50 to 33% of their current rate.  This would put them more on the learning curve of a psionicist and make unlocking spells more rewarding.

The other problem with mages is that unlocking higher power levels doesn't make any sense. One can go from doing something like 4 damage with a wek fireball to doing half-giant-thuja-axe-to-the-face levels of damage at mon in 2-3 days playing time.  Probably even less if you're dedicated to getting the skill.

Meanwhile, Amos the warrior has to spend 50 days fighting hawks with rocks in his backpack, holding a dull skinning knife in his off hand, while also riding an inix drunk in a sandstorm just branch his dagger skill.

Quote from: Sephiroto on January 26, 2015, 10:42:07 PM

Meanwhile, Amos the warrior has to spend 50 days fighting hawks with rocks in his backpack, holding a dull skinning knife in his off hand, while also riding an inix drunk in a sandstorm just branch his dagger skill.

As facetious as this might have been intended, I would really like to meet this Amos on the sands one day, drenched in the blood of his enemies with feathers stuck to him and reeking of firebreather, waving his knife around and screaming into the storm.

I have played a few mages and the time it takes to branch spells is fine by me. I think if it took longer it would be insanely boring and dreadful. That is a LOT of solo RP unless you're gemmed, and even then it can be solo if no one else is of your element. At least normal classes can buddy up and go off together in the wastes having fun while they increase skills if they choose to, or in clans and interact. A mage, normally, is feared and hated by normal people, forcing them to be alone or with other outcasts like themselves. Many mages, I have noticed, do not fully branch as they become impatient and go off to test their new found spells out, and never return. Incorporating interaction with the locals along with practicing your curse/gift will put you close to other classes in regards to leveling skills (not talking about warriors because I have never fully mastered a weapon on them so I have no idea how long it takes). Even if you have mages maxxing out faster, it shouldn't matter as they require karma to play, or spec app'd and should be played with higher requirements and respect for what they can do. Just cause a mage is fully branched doesn't mean they are automatically running around slaying everyone they see. I'm sure staff takes care of anyone that gets out of hand with a mage if they are not playing responsibly.

As long as Whirans stay where they're at karma wise, I'm fine with mages.
Czar of City Elves.

Every class has abuse potential. Mages being karma required shows that. I think mages are supposed to be scary powerful, which they aren't imo and with the fucked up changes to sorcerer you can bet magicks will never hold the same fear factor again which is a pity.

I'd be happier if there were some changes to the system and mages went up one karma, maybe even two. Assassins too btw, their cloak of invisibility is way way op'd.
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.