A Newbie's First Impression of Armageddon

Started by Trillmendous, January 04, 2015, 08:26:51 AM

Character Creation Process - My overall first impression of the Character Creation Process was good and it was all thanks to the Helper system. I met a very nice Helper on New Years Eve too who stayed with me for about an hour and guided me through the whole Character Creation Process(This helper didn't seem to mind either)

1st day of playing - I'm not going to lie but I kind of felt a little annoyed due to the fact that all over the forums, helpers, and even players in game they all tell me to link up with a clan but it's so hard to actually do that at the beginning. From my experiences so far I felt like the people that led the clans were either too busy to deal with me or not around. Overall I liked the theme of the game and how realistic things are... and how the admins try to push for this realism this is not a game where players go and hunt all day killing everything just to get levels this is definitely a true role playing game.

2nd/3rd day of Playing - Things sort of picked up, I got in contact with a certain high ranking member of a clan the day before but he was busy, he did however tell me to get in contact with him in about a weeks time IG.
He immediately realized I was a newbie player and was very patient and taught me quite a few things ICly and OOCly(commands and such). My overall impression of the player base is a good one.

Forums/Admins - This is my first post but I've been lurking quite a bit around the forums and I've laughed quite a bit at some of the threads especially the ones where the admins are asking people to fill a certain role with funny pictures. I do hope I can be more involved in this forum actually and get to know most of you. I also had one experience with an Admin named Talia, she was also very kind and answered a certain question I had.

Overal Impression - I love this game and I've only been playing for 3 days. @admins You guys have a class game here for sure(from my knowledge this game has been around for over 20 years) and I will definitely try to stick around

Welcome Armageddon. Don't be afraid to murder, betray and corrupt your fellow players in game. They won't see it coming if you're a newbie.

Good luck.  ;D

Welcome. Nice of you to post. Have fun!
Modern concepts of fair trials and justice are simply nonexistent in Zalanthas. If you are accused, you are guilty until someone important decides you might be useful. It doesn't really matter if you did it or not.

It's my first day of playing as well... being a roleplayer but not playing a MUD before it's fairly confusing to me, especially with the commands-- if there is a way to cut off parts of a scrab then I have not found it and I probably never will. It's also a little difficult to find people to roleplay with due to my timezone (boo australia) but the little bit that I did have was fun.

Glad you're doing well!

Take a knife or axe and skin it.

skin scrab

Also you can behead any corpse, to present the head to someone, with the "behead" command. I'm not entirely sure if you can behead a scrab, then skin it and get another head, but that would be funny.

It was definetly tough for me to actually get involved in anything the first day too but it kind of picked up the next few days. I think you'll find someone willing to help for sure - I noticed something really early about this game by reading the forums and just listening to people talk at bars. everyone seems to be looking for help. The merchants need hunters to get them materials, the hunters need merchants to pay them. The nobles need aides(I don't much about this but I heard people talking in the bars about being an aide to a noble)

Welcome!  I always like these first impressions posts, especially when they're so kind and glowing about helpers.  ;)  I hope you continue to have fun.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

Welcome!  You're going to love it here.

I understand very well about the leaders being less visible, but a lot of players haven't been around as much as they normally are due to the holiday season.  I'm sure you'll see a big increase in the next RL week at most.  Stick around, it's more than worth it in the long run.

Welcome
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

Welcome to both of the new players posting here... I have a bit of comment/feedback for the OP though.

You said that you created your character New Years Eve. Then your first impression on the first day of play is that no one was around or too busy to talk. I think its fair being so close to a holiday that you keep an open mind about people not being around or too busy. Holidays tend to cause less people to be around. It should start to pick up soon though.

Good Luck everyone.
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

newbies <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Decameron on September 16, 2010, 04:47:50 PM
Character: "I've been working on building a new barracks for some tim-"
NPC: "Yeah, that fell through, sucks but YOUR HOUSE IS ON FIREEE!! FIRE-KANKS!!"

Welcome, dibs on their boots.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Quote from: Talia on January 04, 2015, 01:39:40 PM
newbies <3 <3 <3
dont steal my newbies talia ill cut u

Anyways! Welcome to Armageddon, and I'm glad you seem to be sticking around!

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

Newbs for the newb-god!
Boots for the boot-throne!
Quote from: Nyr
Dead elves can ride wheeled ladders just fine.
Quote from: bcw81
"You can never have your mountainhome because you can't grow a beard."
~Tektolnes to Thrain Ironsword

We like Talia... Everyone lets kudos talia.
21sters Unite!

Hey! I'm actually new too. I've spent about 19 hours in game now over the past 4 days. I think I'm getting hooked. So far I love the game, lots of sitting around at first until I met a guy in a bar who actually took me under his wing, showed me around, taught me commands. Guess I got lucky that way, especially with all the post about players tricking newbs. Anyways before I ramble more, love the game guys and gals, and hope to see you all in it soon!

PS my next goal is joining a clan!

Tallia tickles my feelings inappropriately. Love the job you folks are doing! Thanks!
Quote from: Nyr
Dead elves can ride wheeled ladders just fine.
Quote from: bcw81
"You can never have your mountainhome because you can't grow a beard."
~Tektolnes to Thrain Ironsword

Quote from: Ser_Arty_Dayne on January 05, 2015, 02:09:58 AM
Hey! I'm actually new too. I've spent about 19 hours in game now over the past 4 days. I think I'm getting hooked. So far I love the game, lots of sitting around at first until I met a guy in a bar who actually took me under his wing, showed me around, taught me commands. Guess I got lucky that way, especially with all the post about players tricking newbs. Anyways before I ramble more, love the game guys and gals, and hope to see you all in it soon!

You're getting hooked? 19 hours over 4 days would equal more than 4 hours a day... Stop kidding yourself and face it! You ARE hooked.
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

January 05, 2015, 06:20:18 PM #18 Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 06:23:50 PM by Trillmendous
Quote from: Ser_Arty_Dayne on January 05, 2015, 02:09:58 AM

haha I find this post very funny because my very first day someone asked my help for something, took me to a quiet area and then it turned out whatever he needed help with was gone... I was like well shit... this is it I better get ready for a fight to the death.

but nope,  he legit needed help with something but not anymore. He took me back to the bar and apologized for wasting my time

That or he just realized you were a noob and suddenly felt bad that he was going to PK the shit out of you ;)

I once killed a noobie by taking them off to some suspicious place and blugeoning them over the head. Then again I was a noobie too, but I still felt bad about it.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on January 05, 2015, 07:37:37 PM
That or he just realized you were a noob and suddenly felt bad that he was going to PK the shit out of you ;)

I once killed a noobie by taking them off to some suspicious place and blugeoning them over the head. Then again I was a noobie too, but I still felt bad about it.

>ooc the helper told me to betray you im sorry
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

glad to see some new newbies around!

I joined a few months ago, still feel mega-newbie really.

Welcome aboard! Hope to see you in game

Quote from: Rokal on January 06, 2015, 01:17:51 AM
glad to see some new newbies around!

I joined a few months ago, still feel mega-newbie really.

Welcome aboard! Hope to see you in game

New newbies as opposed to what? Old newbies?

I think that's you, bub.

Inception.
"The church bell tollin', the hearse come driving slow
I hope my baby, don't leave me no more
Oh tell me baby, when are you coming back home?"

--Howlin' Wolf

Hey,

Welcome to the game! I wish I could go back and have that feeling I got from my first few days of RPI mudding. It blew my mind.

I just have a little tip. Christmas really got alot of people away from the game. I use to think it should bring more people to play with holidays, but working two jobs it's a pain. Keep at it. The leaders should start to return soon enough!
What we do in life, echoes in eternity.