Stuck in the starting area

Started by Ultrastar, December 23, 2014, 02:46:23 PM

Hello, I managed to do what noone did before me: get stuck before the game even started. I am just arrived at the shop by using one of the point commands. How do I leave the palce altogether or how can I use one of the other point commands? I  looked at the vendors list so often that the text, telling me how I can get out, scrolled to heavens and higher...and no, I didnt forget to scroll up.

I hope I will soon be able to actually play the game.

??? <--- me at the moment
;D <--- me after all that (I hope)

Type LOOK, it'll show the room list and what directions you can go.

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

In one strange instance, my newbie character started out in a place called "Limbo".  If you find you're really stuck, you might 'wish all' for help: (e.g. 'wish all I seem to be unable to leave this starting area, could I please have some assistance?').
The neat, clean-shaven man sends you a telepathic message:
     "I tried hairy...Im sorry"

Well, I am not even within one of the real worlds. I am at a vendor at which I should buy myself equipment so that I have some. I am not even at [insert city I selected]. I think there was some text about an obsidian road that should lead me out.

PS: no, look doesnt work at all because it is a fully closed room to which I teleported using a command you get to use within the place I am at.

Try walking around a little (north, east, south, west).  Every time you move you'll get a new room description, unless there are no exits.  "look" should always work, unless you're in the place where you apply scars to yourself, in which case I think you type "leave" to exit.

(All of this is by memory, sorry if it turns out to be inaccurate.)

Otherwise I recommend trying the help chat on the main page:

http://www.armageddon.org/

You can give these guys descriptions of what you're seeing and they can probably sort you out with high precision.

I'll be on helpchat if you still need assistance in this matter.

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

If your'e in the starting shop, you're need to read the room description to figure out how to get out. Sometime it's 'enter arch' sometimes it's just moving west.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on December 23, 2014, 08:01:33 PM
If your'e in the starting shop, you're need to read the room description to figure out how to get out. Sometime it's 'enter arch' sometimes it's just moving west.

On the off-chance that you've somehow disabled room descriptions via the "brief room" command, the command "look room" will show the description.

shopping simulator 2014
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

Look at the room name, if it's IKEA, you're doomed to wander until you starve to death. Sorry.
Quote from: Nyr
Dead elves can ride wheeled ladders just fine.
Quote from: bcw81
"You can never have your mountainhome because you can't grow a beard."
~Tektolnes to Thrain Ironsword

You can't starve to death in IKEA they have Swedish meatballs.  :)

Lost forever though...
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

Crafting skills

Ikea Assembly   (Master)
Quote from: BleakOne
Dammit Kol you made me laugh too.
A staff member sends:
     "Hi! Please don't kill the sparring dummy."

Did they get out?
21sters Unite!

Quote from: creeper386 on December 27, 2014, 12:04:21 AM
Did they get out?

Find out IC. 8)

There is a skeleton draped over a cheap, spartan coffee table here.
Quote from: Nyr
Dead elves can ride wheeled ladders just fine.
Quote from: bcw81
"You can never have your mountainhome because you can't grow a beard."
~Tektolnes to Thrain Ironsword