Multiple riders
26 (53.1%)
Other (explain)
5 (10.2%)
They're fine
5 (10.2%)

Total Members Voted: 49

• Mount isn't reloaded:
    This means every time you quit or stable, the game stores your mount. You have an exceptionally good or bad mount, you're stuck with it. Maybe even have a mount have a small ride bonus with whoever rides it a while.

• Mount tack is meaningful:
    Actually having a saddle/riding gear on a mount is useful. It makes the ride more comfortable on the mount giving it a bonus. Certain types of tack can be reached into without unpacking. (saddlebags,quiver)

• Multiple riders:
    A mount (inix) could carry two or three riders depending on their weight and its strength.

• More variety/availability/other:
    Inix available in the south? Mount fees based on mount size and location? Elf tame a mount without having to mount it? You tell us.

• They're fine:
    I said good day!

Sorry RGS, somehow I made a duplicate poll and you answered the one without an explanation of the choices.

All good.

Multiple riders for Inix or other large beasts.

Non-reloaded mounts would be great

Don't care about Tack, and more variety would be nice, but we've already got a fuck-ton of mounts, and some seem rather useless.

What does not reloaded mean in this context?
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

December 20, 2014, 05:21:19 PM #4 Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 05:22:54 PM by KankWhisperer
Now your mount is just a random reload of that NPC with new stats every time it is loaded. So I'm proposing it is saved and not randomized every time.

I selected multiple riders and other. I thought before that inix would make an excellent archery platform for a military organisation that would train its people for that kind of thing. Other mostly refers to the ticketing thing: I really don't think people are gonna stop riding inix everywhere except for RP purposes unless you make inix actually more expensive to own than other types of mounts.

I also think reloaded mounts make perfect sense, but then I have said this before.
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

I picked other. In my case other = the first three options.
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

Chose mount tack is useful. I would like that.

I  selected multiple riders, but I like the first three.
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

I selected the first two (#2 especially since I already thought it was true). I like to give some personality to my mounts and persistence stats would help with that.

What about having to feed mounts if they haven't been stabled in a certain period of time?  I voted for multiple riders, but I can already see all of the cheesy lovers atop mountback scenarios playing like a broken record.

Where is the "Eeeeww!"

Option?
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

December 22, 2014, 11:00:29 AM #12 Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 11:03:11 AM by Desertman
I have always wanted mount tickets to take out the same mount that went in codedly instead of rolling up a "new" mount.

Including your "title" staying with the mount even after you stable and unstable it to help keep track of which mount is which.

I have also always wanted mounts to age and get better/worse depending on what they do in their lives. Why is that sunback owned by that merchant who NEVER takes it out of the stable just as good for mounted combat as that sunback that lives in the desert with that half-elf ranger engaging in mounted combat every day for years? I would love to see mounts age, get auto-coded description changes as they age, gain and lose stats, and gain and lose skills depending on their uses over the course of their lives. I don't just want this because I want a badass mount, I want it because it would open up entirely new concepts, like mount trainers, ranchers, and mounts holding different values between PC's based on who owned them, who trained them, how old they are...etc...etc...It would also create a whole new level to bonding with your mounts, which for some PC's is very important, especially in the case of many half-elves.

It would also make things much more interesting and much more immersive for those folks who tame wild mounts as a profession to find different variations of wild mounts based on how they are randomly generated in the world. Instead of every ox you see being pretty much coded the same ox when you go to tame it, you could "pick from the herd" more or less based on your observations and actually put thought into the taming process and the selection process.

I would also love to be able to breed mounts (not personally, mount to mount), but that is an entirely different discussion. I can see that being a very interesting and really cool occupation for independent ranchers, which would become a thing, and even for the Houses in charge of that sort of thing in terms of creating/producing superior bloodlines codedly....instead of it more or less happening behind the scenes in VNPC land.

I would love for certain tack items to make riding have more coded benefits.

I would love for an inix to be able to carry up to three or four people with the proper extreme negatives put in place.

Desert elf rangers can already RP not having to mount a creature to tame it, and then just using "mount" as the coded taming command....while roleplaying not actually mounting it. It is a little jarring, but not game breaking.

I would love for taming mounts to be a tiered process and not an instant, "You do or you don't.", situation. I would love for taming mounts to take time, and require multiple stages of taming so that a wild animal has to be broken over time. It may still be prone to not moving when you want it to depending on how "green" it is. If you critically fail it may even still lash out at you aggressively, so you have to be very careful with it. You might not want to mount it within city walls until you have ridden it for a good long while and you know it is truly tamed. That sort of thing. It would tie in extremely well with my ideas above in regards to mounts being coded to get better or worse over time.

Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

Quote from: Desertman on December 22, 2014, 11:00:29 AM
I would love for taming mounts to be a tiered process and not an instant, "You do or you don't.", situation. I would love for taming mounts to take time, and require multiple stages of taming so that a wild animal has to be broken over time. It may still be prone to not moving when you want it to depending on how "green" it is. If you critically fail it may even still lash out at you aggressively, so you have to be very careful with it. You might not want to mount it within city walls until you have ridden it for a good long while and you know it is truly tamed. That sort of thing. It would tie in extremely well with my ideas above in regards to mounts being coded to get better or worse over time.

A simple retort: gourds.
Quote from: Nyr
Dead elves can ride wheeled ladders just fine.
Quote from: bcw81
"You can never have your mountainhome because you can't grow a beard."
~Tektolnes to Thrain Ironsword

Half Giants should be able to wear special back equipment (chairs or specialized saddles) and be mountable when thusly outfitted.  :D
Quote from: Wug on August 28, 2013, 05:59:06 AM
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

H-O-D-O-R
"The church bell tollin', the hearse come driving slow
I hope my baby, don't leave me no more
Oh tell me baby, when are you coming back home?"

--Howlin' Wolf

Quote from: BleakOne on December 23, 2014, 01:20:43 AM
Half Giants should be able to wear special back equipment (chairs or specialized saddles) and be mountable when thusly outfitted.  :D

Do you have to Tame them first?
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

Ah yes, then I can finally make my crippled dwarf named "Master", prepare then for a family role call for a half-giant.
Quote from: Nyr
Dead elves can ride wheeled ladders just fine.
Quote from: bcw81
"You can never have your mountainhome because you can't grow a beard."
~Tektolnes to Thrain Ironsword

Quote from: Fujikoma on December 23, 2014, 01:49:28 PM

Ah yes, then I can finally make my crippled dwarf named "Master", prepare then for a family role call for a half-giant.

Yeah Hodor lovers, Master Blaster, the OG.

Desertman had a lot of neat ideas.

I voted for mount tack making more of a difference. It would be cool if mounts could actually wear specific items (rather then just having them packed on), with an NPC-follower like code you could use to order them to take it on and off (with the echos making it clear that you're doing it). You could have racing saddles, side saddles, different type of bits or reins. You could do different sorts of color schemes, you could have formal parade gear. I think it would be pretty awesome.

I also think that more consideration to different mount concerns, diseases, and mount care in general could be pretty neat. We have a page about humanoid diseases, but nothing in terms of mounts has ever really been considered. Fleshing out the mount documentation in general could be very neat, and I bet if there was a submission call for it, there would be a lot of responses!

I promise some of mine would even be serious.  :D
As of February 2017, I no longer play Armageddon.