Culture in terms of water.

Started by rodic, December 16, 2014, 08:29:53 PM

Its fun to watch it all play out. I like that ultimately we return to the default, but I like the story arch all the same.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Quote from: MeTekillot on March 28, 2015, 04:24:52 PM
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/StatusQuoIsGod

"although it is also the final stage of Exponential Plot Delay, the phenomenon in which the plot of a serial story has totally ground to a halt."

I just think, ICly, water mages should be employable by people with "less" scorn than others, because they really are the more helpful sorts.

If there were a way to code the well (in allanak) to require water mages to fill it, THAT would be stupendously cool.

Quote from: Saellyn on March 29, 2015, 10:12:40 AM
I just think, ICly, water mages should be employable by people with "less" scorn than others, because they really are the more helpful sorts.

If there were a way to code the well (in allanak) to require water mages to fill it, THAT would be stupendously cool.
If that was the case, every now and then a noble or templar would probably just yell at the mage, not treat them any nicer, and move about their days.
Maybe commoners would like them more...
But eh, usefullness without liking the person.

Water mages can be insanely deadly. I'm ok with them not being seen as the cuddly types.

Every mage is deadly, really. I like that people think Vivaduans are squishy, because then you school them with two and a half spells and they don't see it coming.

Yeah, every magicker has at least 1 spell to totally fuck up a mundane with.

Quote from: Delirium on March 29, 2015, 04:53:03 PM
Water mages can be insanely deadly. I'm ok with them not being seen as the cuddly types.

Yes, no matter what happens ic no one should ever lose track of that. But I wish there was more struggle between need and fear. Need without the fear would be boring and pointless. We have water sellers for that.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

I could play another water mage if you guys need a reminder.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Quote from: Is Friday on March 29, 2015, 07:51:56 PM
I could play another water mage if you guys need a reminder.
Aftermath:
Viv's are now a six karma class.