Non-liscensed Thieves

Started by __Torax__, September 18, 2003, 04:44:06 PM

Alright without going into to much IC info I'll make this a general statement.

When a non-liscensed thief is caught, they are to receive a fairly high punishment, to my understanding. Now, explain to me why a non-liscensed theif is caught and then a Templar can take him, fine him 100 sids and then register him for 300 and call that a punishment? Now this is in Tuluk, and thieving is consider illegal but in the same sense is considered a fine art. I want to know why a soldier would bother arresting criminals for theft if the Templar(s) are going to let them off with a 100 sid fine....

I'm probably wrong, but its completely pissed me off.
ocking a fake scream, the badass scorpion exclaims to you, in
sirihish:
"Ah! Scorpions! I pissed my Wyvern trousers! Ah!"

Hmm...Here's my standard answer: you're welcome to mail the mud and have the staff check in this. :)

Offhandly, I'd say that for an average zalanthan - which accounts for about 85-95% of the population, paying 400 in total would be almost a year's wages-worth.  

I can't speak for whoever was involved in that situation, but perhaps the templar felt that was hefty enough for a poorly-skilled thief.  ;)

First of all, ICly, your character would never question a Templar's judgement. I'm assuming it's just the player, and not the character, taking issue with this. If not, you probably should re-read the docs regarding how commoners interact and perceive the templarate in the north.

I'm not the templar, nor do I know the situation. But it sounds to me that he was fined 400, not just 100. He was required to register, and pay for it. That means that if he does steal in the future, he'd better damned well prove that he's learned the "art" part of stealing. Because I doubt a templar is going to be entertained if he has to deal with his foibles a second time.

He might never steal again, and the templar just made 400 sids. Sounds reasonable to me <shrugs> Code-wise, if he got caught, he's not all that good at it. So the templar just gave him warning to GET good at it, or stop doing it. Makes sense.

In addition, thieves can be useful to all sorts of people. Templars have their own reasons for doing what they do. Put the two ideas together, and maybe you have your explanation.

I don't see why you'd be upset here.  Should the thief have been executed in your eyes?  Tuluk doesn't seem (wait for it Delirium) like the sort of place where they chop off a hand for theft, that's more an Allanaki-type thing.

You caught the thief, the templar lines their pockets, and the mighty wheels of capitalism masquerading as Zalanthan justice continues on.

What if that thief and the templar already had something going?  What if the templar wants to put this thief on a mission?

What wouldn't have pissed you off?

And getting pissed off about how an IC situation without negative ramifications for your PC played out seems like you are taking it too seriously.

Yeah, Templar can do whatever he wanted, if the Templar made the thief dress him up as a woman and add face makeup as punishment, there is nothing your PC, if loyal and born to the city would consider wrong with how the Templar delt out the punishment.

But, sure, punishment should be big, but every pc makes a mistake early in there life. Cut them a bone once, a nice warning, second time you cut there head off :)
on't worry if you're a kleptomaniac, you can always take something for it.

------

"I have more hit points that you can possible imagine." - Tek, Muk and my current PC.

Hah! Allanak doesn't behead(for theft anyway) :) They kick you in the balls :( They subdue you well they have a little kid practice his boxing moves on you :x  and smacks you with random objects that you can't see  :evil: but can feel very good  :oops:
or they get a guard too rough you up a little bit by mortally wounding you and then bringing you back(from near-death) so they can do it again :) then heal you just a tad bit so you survive.. then You better hope to get out before they interogate you again :)

Just examples :) don't take it to heart

God I love this game
l armageddon รจ la mia aggiunta.