A Newbie uses The Way, Or: Oh Lawd, How Do I Make It Stop?

Started by Ashka, November 09, 2014, 07:21:54 PM

So I'm new to MUDs and I've managed to go a while without dying horribly, although I think I've also managed to be rude to some people by accident, but anyways: once you're in contact with someone using The Way, how do you then stop using it? My stamina hates me.

Also, if you accidentally offend others by virtue of your newbish ignorance, most people are understanding enough to cut you some slack if they realize the reason (within the boundaries of what makes sense IC, of course!) That's not a promise that whoever you happened to offend will be understanding, but I do mean it as a word of encouragement :)

Welcome. Don't worry about being rude by accident. It's a tough world. In fact, it's alright to be a little rude on purpose. (Though not to people who can and will kill you. Try and be very polite to them.)
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Let's hope so! For now I'm just trying to find some work and bow enthusiastically and repeatedly towards anyone who looks like they might have man-slaves. Man, botched commands are cringey.

You should only bow in Allanak and only if the person is just wearing gobs of silk/is wearing metal. Don't bow if you're in Tuluk.

Huh, I've had PCs that accidentally offended other PCs and I wasn't a newb. But it's more fun when your PC offends other PCs on purpose.
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

So northerner peons don't bow to northerner nobles?  Interesting what you learn sometimes.

Quote from: icewindsong on December 22, 2014, 03:05:56 AM
So northerner peons don't bow to northerner nobles?  Interesting what you learn sometimes.

Correct, the help section states that a respectful nod to indicate they are Chosen/Faithful is all that you need to do. Also, it indicates this isn't a requirement either. This is to show that they aren't the tyrannical rulers as the south has. It's to separate the time when Tuluk was occupied by the southern rulers and they made everyone bow.
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

Boots dear boots.
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

December 23, 2014, 12:39:54 PM #11 Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 01:08:15 PM by Quirrilicious
Quote from: slvrmoontiger on November 09, 2014, 11:38:23 PM
But it's more fun when your PC offends other PCs on purpose.

Truth. Or just has some reason that is all their own not to get along with someone. It's hard not to fall under the pressure and 180 your PC just so you aren't miserable when people are like "Why do you treat so and so this way? Why don't you like them?" and ostracize you for doing so.

Zalanthas isn't all pretty, sparkling Elkran rainbows. Not everyone has to get along for the sake of getting along.

QuoteThis is to show that they aren't the tyrannical rulers as the south has.
PFFFFFfff, HAHAHA
3/21/16 Never Forget